Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KILZ FILLZ

Went to a Starbucks for the first time in like two years and...

Recommended Posts

This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I make my own cold brew using this:

 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ATJ6AJG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

 

I also have a french press that I only use when my mom visits because she likes her coffee hot.

 

If you're not hand grinding your own beans that you organically grew in your back yard with soil you made out of your own compost using a mortar and pestle, well then you're just not really enjoying coffee.

 

@misteraven- I've found that if I don't buy things on Amazon I save a lot more money in between my checks, it's actually quite ridiculous how much you can spend on impulse there.  In response to considering purchases a lot more, lately I've been putting things in my cart on Amazon and not buying them for a few days.  I'll go back in a few days and decide if it's really something I need/want right now, and if it is I will either buy it then or plan to buy it soon.  There are many things that I end up "saving for later".  Amazon has created this way of queue'ing up purchases that no other store has done before really.  I've actually got a list of shit I want to get in the future.  I think that's really an excellent business model if you can get people doing that..... and it's obvious in how much revenue that company makes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a Boston native, so anything other than dunks is considered blasphemy. 

 

As their motto goes: "I get runs on Dunkin"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you cafe nubes actually hitting up espresso these days?

 

The one thing I used to fucking hate about working in the States was the drip coffee SHITE and the keurig fuck in a cup crap. Stuff tasted like burnt go fuck yourself.

 

Starbucks, that shit is more American than America. sugary plastic cup of fuck off.

  • LOL! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Brink said:

I'm a Boston native, so anything other than dunks is considered blasphemy. 

 

As their motto goes: "I get runs on Dunkin"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh fuck off with your fancy espresso bullshit lol

 

Drip is fine, puts hair on your chest 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it might put hair on your ass.  My work has an espresso machine.  I'm not here for the water, just the caffeine.  People say they like the flavor of coffee but I've never heard anyone say yes when I ask them if they'd chew black coffee flavored bubble gum.  Same with beer.  I don't think anyone would chew beer flavored bubble gum and if you would hit yourself with an unopened beer in the head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You’re wrong. I love the taste of coffee and would drink decaf if that’s all there was. Espresso is biter af and it’s basically a shot. You don’t get the mood of sitting there sipping and enjoying the moment with people. You ever go for coffee with someone, they order espresso, drink it within 5 mins then just sit there? 

 

Its a whole different vibe. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I wouldn’t go that far lol I do love coffee flavoured stuff but gums a bit much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

@misteraven- I've found that if I don't buy things on Amazon I save a lot more money in between my checks, it's actually quite ridiculous how much you can spend on impulse there.  In response to considering purchases a lot more, lately I've been putting things in my cart on Amazon and not buying them for a few days.  I'll go back in a few days and decide if it's really something I need/want right now, and if it is I will either buy it then or plan to buy it soon.  There are many things that I end up "saving for later".  Amazon has created this way of queue'ing up purchases that no other store has done before really.  I've actually got a list of shit I want to get in the future.  I think that's really an excellent business model if you can get people doing that..... and it's obvious in how much revenue that company makes.

Yeah, I do that myself actually. I have a pretty extensive series of lists in my wish list and use it to sort of window shop. I end up planning forward for things I feel we need around the property and categorize based on areas of the house. Then assemble a wish list from that based upon research on what has good reviews and seems to be the best fit. Then I just leave it sitting there until I have funds and will revisit and prioritize. Amazing how often I've ended up dismissing something I thought I needed or wanted or ended up finding a better solution for it. 

 

Also after leaving NYC and changing my lifestyle, its hard to ignore the thousands, if not tens of thousands of dollars, spent on stuff that I felt I needed or wanted and now is just mostly collecting dust. Coupled with how many business opportunities I'd had to disregard, post pone or half step on, it brings to light a large shift in my thinking.

 

Obviously I like cool / good shit as much as the next guy, but definitely thinking bigger picture these days.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

Are you cafe nubes actually hitting up espresso these days?

 

The one thing I used to fucking hate about working in the States was the drip coffee SHITE and the keurig fuck in a cup crap. Stuff tasted like burnt go fuck yourself.

 

Starbucks, that shit is more American than America. sugary plastic cup of fuck off.

I cant drink coffee and only drink espresso. To me espresso tastes the way coffee smells. The caffein hit is nice, but usually if I'm chasing that, I'll go with caffein gum instead since the caffein hits smoother and more even and doesn't give you that rot gut you get from steady drinking coffee / espresso. That said, I most often drink it as an iced latte instead of straight shots, but I'm good with either. I do generally sweeten slightly with stevia, but dont necessarily have to. I drink for the taste and will go through the trouble of finding quality beans. I wont very often compromise and drink starbucks espresso, unless I'm in a road trip situation and don't have access to quality. I have traveled with my own beans / grinder / stove top espresso maker as well.

 

Maybe just me, but I'm also the same with beer and wine. I'll fuck off with friends, but if I'm buying it to enjoy, I want to actually enjoy it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kults said:

You’re wrong. I love the taste of coffee and would drink decaf if that’s all there was. Espresso is biter af and it’s basically a shot. You don’t get the mood of sitting there sipping and enjoying the moment with people. You ever go for coffee with someone, they order espresso, drink it within 5 mins then just sit there? 

 

Its a whole different vibe. 

True, I get what you mean, but that also has to do with the person.  If I were doing that I would get all high on my espresso and then be engaged in the conversation.  I'd very likely order a water so that I can still casually drink with whoever.

When I get espresso at work, I make it a double shot and then top it off with water.  This way the coffee product I put in my cup is high quality and it just tastes like a strong cup of coffee after you water it down a little.  Absolutely hate percolator machines though.  The illest thing I have seen that I didn't know how it worked recently was at a friend's house.  They had a siphon/vacuum brewing setup.  That shit was ultra hipster on another level.

 

So who's going to buy those Asian bubble gums and try it out?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

When I get espresso at work, I make it a double shot and then top it off with water.

Thats an Americano... Espresso with hot water.

  • Truth 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

I should have known that and said what I like is an Americano.

So you do add water 😂 I’m all for extra shots but not just straight up shots 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Double shot of Espresso after weed gets me into the highest productivity levels for a solid hour, problem is to keep it up I have to repeat for the rest of the day or crash.

  • Like 1
  • Truth 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I go through phases with tea. Kind of got into it after an old business partner turned me on and took me to spots in NYC that sold loose leaf teas.

 

Still keep good tea on hand, but haven't been drinking it much lately. Likely will start up again when the weather gets extra cold.

 

Imagine you having spent time in China, you must have some experience with quality teas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Brink said:

I'm a Boston native, so anything other than dunks is considered blasphemy. 

 

As their motto goes: "I get runs on Dunkin"

TBH I prefer Dunkin, and even McDonals coffee over Starbucks and I'm a no sugar black coffee drinker. Starbucks dark/med roast tastes like they roasted the beans over a fucking tire fire unless you go for a light roast or one of those sugary dessert coffees.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Mercer said:

TBH I prefer Dunkin, and even McDonals coffee over Starbucks and I'm a no sugar black coffee drinker. Starbucks dark/med roast tastes like they roasted the beans over a fucking tire fire unless you go for a light roast or one of those sugary dessert coffees.

Dunks is the path towards enlightenment. Its not great but could be worse, not expensive either

  • Props 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you blind taste tested most any starbucks med roast against Dunkin, I'd put my money on Dunkin winning most of the time. It's really good coffee and always has been, hiding in plain site. It's like one of those "don't let the low price fool you" deals.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or you can say fuck the bullshit, drink espresso and not have to tolerate coffee that tastes like it was roasted over a tire fire?

  • Truth 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...