Need some help from you guys... (Photos on 12oz)

misteraven

Obviously you guys know my stance on social media, but until things here on the forum are at a point that I feel like we're 100% back, its a tool I plan to continue to leverage. Anyhow, @Kultsand some of the guys have been helping me collect images off the forums for a Friday IG post series I was doing called "12ozProphet Fresh Fridays" (which I havent bothered with in a few weeks), but mainly I wanted to aggregate a steady stream of content off the boards that is representative of the good stuff in the various threads on the forum. Always been a tough thing for me to maintain on top of all the other stuff that calls for attention, so hoping maybe you guys can lend a hand... Obviously this benefits all of us as we're trying to continue spreading the word that we've recovered all accounts and that the forum is back and after the changes I made this last week or two along with @Dirty_habiT, is running better than ever. Time not to start changing focus back to promoting, so here I am asking you guys for your help.

If you'd like to assist, please post the best images you've across on the forum in a follow up comment in this thread, along with a link to the post itself (in case we want to link to the thread in the post / story). The share link to get the actual post URL is in the top right of the post itself.

Anyhow, if there's a steady stream of stuff you guys can feed me, then it'll help a great deal in putting up IG posts that promote the forum and link back to the activity on here.

If this takes off, I'll probably move this thread into Brick Slayers ands pin it. If so, I'll leave a redirect. Hopefully at least a couple of you guys help out. Likewise, if the photo is actually yours and you'd like a photo credit, just drop a note with your IG username and I'm happy to do it.

• Like 1
  • Props 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I still stick by models over CGI... Haha..

I give you permission to use any of my flicks. If you ever make money from one of them I expect said money to be donated to an agreed upon chairity of my choice.  I should have probably read everything Raven typed... But whatever. I guess credit is coo.. but entirely neccessary...

• LOL! 1

@misteravenSo I did a shit load of scanning because I really like the thought process on this idea. However, I’m wondering if it’s just not the right approach. Maybe instead of keeping an eye out for random cool shit this should just be a place for random ass photo/video relate content unlike the photography thread and more of a day in pies hybrid super thread. On some almost rap battle shit. Dudes would be far more enticed to submit their own shit. Idk. I wen pretty far back and said from t&a the only thing that comes to mind is the photography thread or some weird ass internet flick of Cheeto feet. Thoughts?

Really have to call on people and call out people here.  This is a problem for Raven to solve, but also for fellow Oontzers.  He's going to have to figure out how he's given everyone the keys to a cool web site and yet people don't want to test drive the car or if they take it out they're not exploring the features or trying to take the car over 15mph.  On the other hand, for Oontzers, especially if you're participating in the social media is bad type threads, WTF are you all  doing?!  I'd wager that many of you take and share photos with your phones at least once a day.  Really not that hard to transfer that to takng a pic to share on here.  Also feel like if you're reposting and recycling content to 12oz I'm sure we still appreciate it, but the site needs some original content as well.  Some of you live in major cities where it's hard to step out on a daily basis and not see some graf, or some strange/weird/interesting sight that you could share here.  Can't help but feel there's some apathy here.  I've tried to lead by example with many of my posts, especially in Brick Slayers/Metal Heads but also Day In Pies.

Raven, you (and maybe the mods) might have to go through the threads and pull some stuff that seems cool.  Might also be worth offering up some smalls in exchange for getting someone to make a significant contribution.

On a positive note I'll call on @micahhawaiibecause I've seen you bring it in the last 2-3 weeks.  Put up your best 2-3 flix here.  Maybe I'll match you.  In the least I'll offer you some sit & watch spots for fr8s near you in exchange.

• Truth 1
  • Props 1

Totally agree. I’ve honestly been using Instagram to try and pull people into the oontz for their graff content. Since being able to upload from your phone there is no excuse other than being lazy. But imma keep flooding the threads in whatever section my photos are relevant. On that note here’s a couple bangers for the taste buds. 

3DD6601D-E5B0-4A2C-A755-2522D8336999.jpeg

A2A9A47B-E779-433C-BA92-4945B53A1D7B.jpeg

75A71749-9F5E-4DE5-8263-AD17DD0E16C6.jpeg

BB5B60AA-B41E-446D-B57E-3441A1000345.jpeg

99824AB2-6258-4470-A203-D87074A9B5CC.jpeg

64D0DDB7-8BF0-4EA4-97B5-B0608709F918.jpeg

BCEDC926-4610-4843-A6FF-2FABBE211678.jpeg

B606550A-7156-45D4-A73F-8927F39C4FC4.jpeg

FE97375E-5534-406F-86EC-262598D2FDBD.jpeg

F95B314E-502E-4EF4-B671-73583438EDFF.jpeg

0A1489F6-4694-4B5A-BA74-CF15DF2823DB.jpeg

584FC6B3-398A-48EE-96F0-68E5D428248A.jpeg

C63B74EE-5B86-4359-AD09-2A8726E28902.jpeg

8D9A8EA5-A31B-4ED6-AC9F-C95AFB084370.jpeg

09BEABEA-14CF-48CD-9A92-279CB49FAD5B.jpeg

F9436A05-E1BF-4E4A-A97A-599F6F5E26B9.jpeg

E926E4ED-9D70-4CB8-83A0-CDF29DC1D6E9.jpeg

BD9ECAD0-7130-4A10-A3A8-2FB15594B898.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Props 4

1 hour ago, One Man Banned said:

Raven, you (and maybe the mods) might have to go through the threads and pull some stuff that seems cool.  Might also be worth offering up some smalls in exchange for getting someone to make a significant contribution.

Appreciate the post and yeah... I do need to sort through this some, but I'm getting crushed handling other aspects of what keeps this place running, which is why I called on some help. There's only a couple active moderators and reality is we still haven't fully dialed in that role since relaunching. Lots has changes in terms of how things function, both technically and how online communities work. I've tried to not be too heavy handed, but until fairly recently, there really wasn't much thought or effort needed beyond banning obvious spam bots. Is almost time to audit that situation and see if we need to expand the team and draft up a protocol. As far as offering up, pretty sure many of you (I think yourself included), can affirm I sent out quite a few tees, books and other packages to members that somehow caught my eye for something I saw them doing on here. Will always try to show my appreciation in that regard. 

• Props 2