The SHIT you SLEPT on, but now APPRECIATE

earmuffs

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 12/5/2020 at 6:40 PM, ~KRYLON2~ said:

Thermal socks!!! Maybe it's because I'm getting older, but when my feet get cold I pretty much stop whatever I'm doing to go warm up. Thermal socks have been a blessing.

56758-1-base-small-thumb.jpg

really can't recommend this enough. lightweight wool in the summer heavyweight in the winter. wool wicks sweat and provides better support. just don't put it in the dryer 

• Like 2

Being self employed definitely helps a lot. I schedule my days around rush hour and all manor of fuckery. When I worked for other people I would blink awake like 10 minutes before I had to leave the house, would leave 10 minutes late and then arrive at work like I was sliding into first base. It was hectic.

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

19 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

Being self employed definitely helps a lot. I schedule my days around rush hour and all manor of fuckery. When I worked for other people I would blink awake like 10 minutes before I had to leave the house, would leave 10 minutes late and then arrive at work like I was sliding into first base. It was hectic.

Self employment does have its perks. 1 being the opportunity to hit the road after morning rush hours and other daily hibatchury people have to do systematically.  

Of course there's the dark side of it which is or can be endless 🙄 

Buy yes, agreed. 

On 12/12/2020 at 5:25 PM, ndv said:

Touché

It’s the truth tho I have a 1br with a queen bed and twin size bunk beds it’s like Charlie and the chocolate factory ever since I got custody of my daughter so for some dumb reason I sleep on the couch way too much, so I have slept on mattresses but now I appreciate them. Better than sleeping on one of the islands on storrow drive tho lol.

• Like 1
  • Props 1

4 hours ago, where said:

It’s the truth tho I have a 1br with a queen bed and twin size bunk beds it’s like Charlie and the chocolate factory ever since I got custody of my daughter so for some dumb reason I sleep on the couch way too much, so I have slept on mattresses but now I appreciate them. Better than sleeping on one of the islands on storrow drive tho lol.

My apologies 😕 I thought you were being funny.  Like OMB said recently in the other thread, "sometimes its tough to know if you're serious or funny."  

But one thing is for sure, you're always on point. 

• 2 weeks later...

RC CARS. Some asshole bought my daughter one for xmas. It’s a little bootleg but hella fun. I forgot all about them from childhood because I thought they were whack. Now I understand what the adult nerds I see gathered around in empty parking lots. Now I want to hit up the legit hobby stores and get myself a serious one that hauls ass. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 4

11 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

RC CARS. Some asshole bought my daughter one for xmas. It’s a little bootleg but hella fun. I forgot all about them from childhood because I thought they were whack. Now I understand what the adult nerds I see gathered around in empty parking lots. Now I want to hit up the legit hobby stores and get myself a serious one that hauls ass. 

Those fuel powered ones are sik.  Exspensive but get up there in the mph.

• 2 weeks later...

having a fridge that makes ice cubes and iced water.

holy fuck what a game changer for soft drink consumption.. hadnt slept on it before just couldn't imagine owning one.

Also having a heated towel rail in my new house. warm dry towel each day after I leave the shower.

• Like 1
  • Props 1

• 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, Schnitzel said:

@LUGRit can be a little bit much at height of summer using a warm towel when you've just jumped out of a cold shower but overall it's awesome.

Always a dry towel.

how does it work? Is it hard wired into the wall or is there like a plug that goes to an outlet?

@mr.yuck 

this one is hardwired and has a switch on the light panel.

Guess it's a low heat element inside the bars

in my old house it was built in but went to an outlet.

I cant believe they aren't more popular in america where it gets really cold - I guess it's because you've got better heating probably.

Edited by Schnitzel
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Schnitzel said:

@mr.yuck 

this one is hardwired and has a switch on the light panel.

Guess it's a low heat element inside the bars

in my old house it was built in but went to an outlet.

I cant believe they aren't more popular in america where it gets really cold - I guess it's because you've got better heating probably.

No one has ever heard of that shit in America.

• Truth 1

Learning how to actually crack an egg  the proper way (experienced chef/kitchen idiot 10+ year here).

Took me about 2 eggs to be able to perfectly crack an egg all the way around in one gentle bash onto the counter and then dump it into the pan (all with one hand).

In my defense, I usually just made scrambled eggs all the time anyways but have always liked eggs over easy just would always end up with egg shell in the fry pan cuz I'm an oaf who couldn't crack an egg properly.

• Like 2
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 1