Random News

abrasivesaint

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
47 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

Pretty fucking heavy to do 36 years for stealing $50. Habitual offender laws, 3 strike laws, and other laws i may not know about are fucking crazy to me. I understand violent offenses, but life sentences for anything under that is a special kind of crazy.  

Not if youre a habitual offender. Eventually its just like dude enough. 3 felonies is def enough to know the guy isn't gonna get reformed no matter what. Best to take him out the game. I have 0 problems with 3 strike laws and wish we had a version of them up north.

To be fair,  not everything they consider a felony should be classified as one though, Ill give ya that. If its a non violent crime I dont think it should count as one.

Thats what i said though, ha. His 3 strikes were petty break ins. If i’m not mistaken 2 were the same unattended gas station. 

Edit: saying you have 0 problems with 3 strike laws and following it with not all felonies should be felonies is a tad contradictory. 

Edited by abrasivesaint

It's not contradictory, neither statement cancels out the validity of the other, and for the most part I agree with what he's saying. Personally I prefer there always be an option for even repeat offenders to eventually work towards, and earn redemption. I just don't feel bad for someone sitting on two burglary convictions, and decides to rob a store, fuck em. That's not to say they can't change one day, but I think that's enough to warrant long term physical removal. Honestly, those type of crimes often end with the burglar/robber being shot, so in the big picture at least he's got the fact he's still alive going for him. Hopefully he's able to adjust to life on the outside and enjoy the rest of his life. I'm rooting for him, at a safe distance though.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

Can anyone please suggest me some current event YouTube channels? Low budget, single camera, single host, minimal editing, vids avg 10 min or so. 

Much appreciated. 

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

It's not contradictory, neither statement cancels out the validity of the other, and for the most part I agree with what he's saying. Personally I prefer there always be an option for even repeat offenders to eventually work towards, and earn redemption. I just don't feel bad for someone sitting on two burglary convictions, and decides to rob a store, fuck em. That's not to say they can't change one day, but I think that's enough to warrant long term physical removal. Honestly, those type of crimes often end with the burglar/robber being shot, so in the big picture at least he's got the fact he's still alive going for him. Hopefully he's able to adjust to life on the outside and enjoy the rest of his life. I'm rooting for him, at a safe distance though.

I hope y’all understand the irony of talking about repeat offenders on a graffiti forum, and that sometimes those crimes result in felony charges. 

I’m not saying this dude deserves a free pass, but 36 years is a bit fucking retarded when people are out here catching a few years for assaults, rapes, manslaughter, murders, and whatever the fuck else. A few years and legitimate programs for redemption sounds about fair to me. 

And to my point: saying not all crimes that are considered felonies should be considered felonies, after stating you have 0 problems with a three strike law (felonies being the backbone of such law) would be a contradiction to your statement about 0 flaws. 

If a dude has felony charges that you don't think should be deemed felony crimes, which then resulted in him being imprisoned for life over crimes you don't deem serious enough for felony charges, then logically you would assume someone would have issue with a 3 strike law. Thus, contradicting the previous statement. 

Edited by abrasivesaint
Spelling and shit

Been over 20 years since attention was drawn to this issue by a guy earning his 3rd strike for stealing a slice of pizza.  Cost of 1 slice vs cost of incarceration for rest of his life, I'd say no one won there.

Anyhow you can play this issue either way, it's an ongoing seesaw balance between rights of victims and rights of offenders.   

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

You're ignoring the fact that both of posts specifically acknowledge there is a difference between violent, and non-violent crimes like graffiti.

You talked about burglary, and Kults mentioned 0 flaws and then said not all felonies should be felonies, and that non violent crimes should not count as one.. 

which is a flaw of the 3 strike law. 

Violent crimes being counted as 3 strikes wasn’t in question, we all agree on that.