The Cider Thread

Joker

With the rise of ciders in the last ten years I suspect more and more people partake in drinking them, and probably have a favorite. I've been drinking hard ciders since the 80s, back when Strongbow and Hornsby's were the only ones you could find... IF you could find them. 

My absolute all-time favorite cider has to be ANVIL from Sonoma Cider, which shut down operations about a year ago after losing funding. Bummed... me... out. Recently I came upon the mother-load and bought the store out of all they had - Twelve 22oz bottles. Special occasion shit, for real. 

sonomacider__92243.1404800417.jpg.6b53c02ecf90896e13f25f4b859af8ac.jpg

I'm also a fan of Thistly Cross Whisky Cask

TCC_WC.jpg.31be5c23d4176f1ea4dfeb07750d0f23.jpg

But my everyday cider Reverand Nat's Hard Apple

RevivalBottle.jpg.368dda9cafe07a0c77a18929920a71ec.jpg

• Like 1
  • Props 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Have enjoyed for a long time.  When I started noticing them I think it was like Woodpecker and Woodchuck were more the available ones.  I still get some of the Woodchuck ones here & there.  A lot of local spots have started doing them around me, farms and orchards and such, so I've had a few of those recently.  I also like a good pear cider once in a while.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Don't come across many decent/traditional ciders in Aus, will have to keep an eye out for some.
I've been planning a few homebrew ciders for the Mrs, always take the easy way out and use decent store bought juice as a base.. 18ish litres of apple and or pear with a litre or 2 of fresh squeezed juice, some black currents or frozen berries or something for a bit of flavour then ferment out for 2 weeks with cider yeast. Fill the keg up, back sweeten with lactose if you like them sweet (I prefer them a bit dry) 20L/5Gal of easy cider ready to go 

• Like 2

I mostly drink ciders now after discovering I'm a bit allergic to something in beers

image.thumb.png.749918ffc652ca52834ad858b40a2f74.png

this is good

image.png.7dc40d787fc37ca16cc715ec4e84b3d8.png

this is also good but a lot dryer.

Most other ciders in Australia are yuck

somersby, strongbow etc.🤮

these give a rotten hangover sometimes but what are you gonna do.

image.png.2140da847f0071287974db45b3f8d1b9.pngimage.png.ba0b9d139215c1943426b41cde468fa4.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Had this last night and it was really good. A little pricey for a four pack so I only got one to try... and now I have to go back and buy a whole four pack. Hate it when that happens. 

Ruwet_Brut (1).jpg

Also been enjoying these...

Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 3.59.01 PM.png

Edited by Joker
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...