Mass Public Shootings

abrasivesaint

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Only thing we all know for sure is that these mass shootings will never, ever stop. Like, ever. More than likely the shootings will only increase. And no amount of government regulations is going to stop it... if anything it'll just make it worse. So shrug your shoulders and move on. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 2

Bring back asylums

pro:

1) less homeless 

2) less jobless 

3) less “mooch on economy”

4) creates jobs
5) disenfranchised regain dignity 

6) test bed for pharma 

Con:

1) people are angry citizens get committed and contest human rights violations for committed against will 

2) people angry citizens committed and their taxes pay for the committed to have food and shelter 

3) route for unwanted to be hidden

4) large tax money open for exploit 

5) legal opening to commit people that are sane

6) test bed for big pharma 

idk....

• Truth 1
  • Props 1

On 3/30/2021 at 10:02 AM, Joker said:

Only thing we all know for sure is that these mass shootings will never, ever stop. Like, ever. More than likely the shootings will only increase. And no amount of government regulations is going to stop it... if anything it'll just make it worse. So shrug your shoulders and move on. 

You touched on the exact reason why gun laws are somewhat dumb. They mainly are dealing with attempting to keep people from concealing powerful weapons. 

it isn't exactly easy to bring a fifty cal and 1000 rounds onto the roof of a building without being detected. 

Pistols on the other hand are super easy to conceal and that is why most gun crimes are done with pistols. If an ar15 was easy to conceal you'd see that used a lot more but it's not. Even pistol ar's (which are dumb). 

So then the law turns into keeping pistols from being sbr's. That means no stock is allowed on a weapon that has a barrel under a certain number of inches.  If you had a stock on a pistol with a large magazine that is dangerous at because it's concealable and accurate at distance. 

I’m not for torture tactics, but in all honesty if they just took one of these little nerd ass white cunts that do this shit and got medieval on his ass in public, i think some fools would think twice. 

I get caught, i go to jail and get my 10 seconds of psycho fame.. aight lets do this.

i get caught, i get drawn, hanged, castrated, disemboweled and quartered... i’ma stay home. 

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

Don't think that would work as a viable preventative tactic. There's no easy way out of this where we can sit back and let "the government" fix this which is what everyone seems to think has to be the answer. Fixing this problem requires massive intervention by good people on the personal level.

Like people used to rally around the disabled kid, or the slow kid if someone was bullying them. My dad used to take his friend's kid with Cerebral palsy us when we were kids to little local events, WWF, the beach, etc. because that's just what you did. This shit extended to the "quiet kids", or adults, basically anyone prone to bullying and social exclusion in our neighborhood. No mass shooters.

Now, I live next to Denver CO, basically the epicenter of these mass shootings. There's this polite California facade here where everyone puts on a big bright smile, waves, how about that weather, and etc. God forbid you should need some help from one of your friendly neighbors though. That's not what people do here, you're on your own basically. In contrast, I more used to places like NYC where you're a complete dick to strangers, no smiles, choice insults locked in the chamber for quick disposal. If you did happen to make a friend there, or get on a "say hello" basis with your neighbor, you would be expected to help them sink a body the Hudson if they needed it, no questions asked. Not here though, economy is bangin, crime is low, life in the city/burbs is boring, and isolating, and there's virtually no connection.

If you're just a weird nerd kid like those Columbine shooters that got it poppin out here, you're fucked. Nobody is going to take you to WWF, you're out here walking around in an inhospitable dessert like environment, surrounded by people, smiling at you, but socially you might as well be in the Sahara dessert. It's through this perspective that potential mass shooters can only see targets around them. Basically the only way they'll ever interact with them in a meaningful way is through a scope. All of a sudden that annoying dude you've seen around, but avoid contact with because "he's not your problem", suddenly becomes a problem.

We blame it on mental illness but the facts don't always support this. Sometimes all it takes is a single meaningful connection with another human being and not being curved 24/7 by people that appear to think they're better than you. Knowing what I know now about how important it is to be "close knit" Denver is shaping up to be sort of a turn off. I never felt close knit here, at least not what I felt in Upstate NY, NYC, Montreal, etc. Even when I was here 98-2005. I can't complain because I've done well for myself here, and maybe this COVID shit will bring people together in a big way but I might bounce. I'd rather be surrounded by real people than fake smiles.

• Like 3

In the age of social media and practically everyone thinking they're more important than you, and their views are more important than yours, the idea that we need to be more civil to one another is a tough ask. We've come to a time where civility is no longer valid on its own - it's only part of the bigger picture. I can't tell people that I do my best to be a good person and treat everyone with respect because that will bring the hammer down on me from both sides of spectrum. It's lose/lose. 

Well, at least that's how it feels to me. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Joker said:

I can't tell people that I do my best to be a good person and treat everyone with respect because that will bring the hammer down on me from both sides of spectrum. It's lose/lose. 

Well, at least that's how it feels to me. 

I don't get this part. It sounds like you're saying you can't communicate a virtue, which is true, but the "hammer from both sides of the spectrum" part I don't understand.Not sure if you're saying political, or conscious/subconscious spectrum.  I agree, in that the first 3 rules of doing good shit club, is not talking about doing good shit club. The action itself (acknowledged or not) holds 100% of the net positive value. Talking about it, or even thinking about it consciously too much has a net negative value all things considered, which is why IMO you can't tell people about it.

It's a turn of for most people when you communicate virtue. Think about all those people that show up once a year at the homeless shelter for thanksgiving just to talk about it. Are they helping? Maybe slightly I guess. I'd bet the dude sharing his joint with a homeless person outside, making fun of these pretentious fucks LARPing in the shelter's kitchen for social media is doing more good as far as the human connection stuff goes.

Even accessing your memory banks of your own past virtues (as I've just experienced) grants a false sense of bloated virtue. What's of greater importance than past exploits, is for the conscious mind to be indexing present/future actions. Multiplying consistency from each moment forward into the future. No matter how adept at communication we become as individuals, the reality of the matter is our actions will always speak louder, and have a much more tangible positive outcome than any words, or social media post will ever provide no matter how much of an "influencer" an individual is.

TLDR: action > everything else

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

I think the best protection against mass shootings are well armed citizens.  Police cannot and should not be everywhere at once. 

I'd add in well trained, and very measured I was just discussing with my wife, pulling out your concealed carry when you hear shots popping off could be your last move. A Cop, or other CC person may hear shots, and misinterpret you as a shooter. You'd also want to be patient enough to properly acquire the correct target, and judge the foreground/background for potential collateral damage. I'm going so far as to judging if the wall behind your target is just drywall and plywood, and thinking what's hiding on the other side. I really don't see most people with enough training, or clear judgement in life threatening situations like this to stop and consider these factors. A grocery store situation at least, IMO isn't ideal for a bunch of untrained people to start shooting back. Not saying it's not a good solution on it's own, still think preventative measures are a better option, with a populace ready to shoot back is a close second.

• Like 1

@Mercer- I rarely talk to anyone, even at gatherings (large or small), so the chances of me boasting about how great I might think I am is incredibly slim. What I meant by my previous post was that I feel (ah... feelings) like being a good person and treating people with respect is no longer enough for some folks no matter what side of the fence they're on. You help the homeless, that's not enough, you donate to charities, that's not enough, you post daily on social media about the hot new subject, that's not enough, you protest, that's not enough, e.g.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

@JokerI agree, but look at it more like an irrelevant external expectation issue, than a valid factor to consider. I think the public has never been in such a bad mental health position collectively as it has become in recent years all things considered. Their polarized collective judgement has never been more invalid.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

I wasn't suggesting those that need training should go without. This could be easily compared to drivers licenses. Even the people with them aren't necessarily good with driving cars despite training everyday.

I also wouldn't expect a shoot out. If you cannot hit your target in one shot then you shouldn't take the shot. I think it is not a good assumption that you'd have everyone ducking and rolling around doing mag dumps in spray and pray fashion. 

If you consider the penetration power of most guns people carry for self defense it isn't that much. A sidearm is really a last resort weapon to save your life at close range.... which means you likely aren't a crack shot with a pistol so taking any sort of long distance shot would be an invitation for a shoot out as you attempt to be accurate with a weapon that isn't accurate at that distance. 

The reality of a shootout wild scenario seems unlikely in my mind.  Who knows though.

I have no formal training in almost anything I do. 

• Truth 1

4 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

I think the best protection against mass shootings are well armed citizens.  Police cannot and should not be everywhere at once. 

I agree with you on this.  However, I would like to add to your logic that "open carry", psychologically would help in ways that canceled just cannot.  Don't get wrong, however, there's am effect for every cause, so would it be plausible to consider "open carry" may increases the murder-suicide rate.  The shooter may try to kill as many as possible before someone kills the shooter so the shooter hurries up and kills themselves?  

I don't know, but I bet a lot of people would be a little more respectful towards one another if open carry was just as common to see as smokers.  

• Truth 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

If the US has so many mentally disturbed folk, why y'all make it so easy for them to get guns and shoot everyone up?

I think it has more to do with civil liberties, that if our country was invaded by ground troops, one would have to join the military to defend the country.  

I don't think that's what the 2nd amendment was solely after but then again, it pretty much is what it says it is.  

But until our country gets invaded, we have to practice one ourselves.  But if an invading country waits long enough, they won't have to worry about a gun fight. 

IDK, I am trying to answer your question the best I can.

4 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

If the US has so many mentally disturbed folk, why y'all make it so easy for them to get guns and shoot everyone up?

Because right now only Brazil has more gun related deaths than the United States, and we'll be damned if that fucking country beats us at anything. Fuck that. We're a nation of disrespect, we got this. 

You hear that Brazil? We're coming for you... 3 to 5 people at a time... we're coming for you. 

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 3

5 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

Because a larger number of Americans would die of boredom, if it weren't for all those mental health patient gun giveaway grants, and programs you're referencing.

Fedex asked the employees to not speculate or talk about as to why the shooting may have triggered the guy to do so.   But anyhow, waiting on word through the grape vine, until then we'll just have to go with media's narrative.  

• 1 month later...