NFL 2019/2020 + off season

abrasivesaint

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

@KILZ FILLZi played it 2 season at my old job because the guys i worked with wanted to give it a try. 8 man league, i didnt watch a single game and almost won it. im sure theres more skill that goes into it but i honestly just checked it once a week and then forgot about it until the next week. at my new job, people are really super into it. it doesnt do anything for me. i suggested cause it seems like something that people here would be into.

Edited by diggity

@diggitywe used to have a few different oontz leagues back in the day. I think two per season.

Yea, 8 man league is a good time. Plenty of players available on waivers if one of your guys goes down with injury or sucks. 12 man league is usually standard to prevent that. 

I don't take it too seriously. In one league with the same group of friends each season and my office is doing a league this season as well. I took a couple years off a bit ago because it wasn't allowing me to really enjoy the games. More focused on the players I had and THIER performance than just watching the competition. 

Thats part of the reason as well. As a young man i didnt have the brain bandwidth to start keeping tabs on every player from every team who was good. I just wanted to watch football. Through the years certain players have obviously stuck out to me, but i’ve never been one of those “this guy was a 3rd round pick from Notre dame blah blah blah,” type of people.

For instance, being from New England and a Pats fan, i sort of became a Browns fan through the years just because they sucked so bad and their fans are diehards. I just wanted to see some wins under their belt. I happened to be watching the game they first stuck in Mayfield and instantly thought “oh shit, this dude is good, they’d be stupid as fuck to let this kid go.” Been following him more ever since. 

He also quoted “I dont know what to do with my hands” from Talladega Nights in his post game interview and i thought “yup, sold, i like him.” Haha. 

F4FF6085-3B4E-4F3B-B9DD-F85F5BCCB5FB.jpeg

15% of the people involved in that contest got wiped out with that Buccaneers win last night. Good thing i changed my mind yesterday and decided Carolina wasn’t a sure thing. 

I think my strategy is bet the obvious teams for the first 3-4 weeks, saving some easy ones for later in the season, and see how these teams come together as the season moves forward. 

9C965706-E45C-47A6-B41E-855766CB4A0F.thumb.jpeg.1c222857edaca72d0fe1aa86e3931df8.jpeg

I have a feeling a decent amount of people are dropping from this thing quickly. I see small percentages banking on teams i wouldn’t bet on. 

It appears from the 9577 participants we’re already down to 6042 after week one and factoring in that Panthers win last night. 

Edited by abrasivesaint

On 9/8/2019 at 8:20 AM, KILZ FILLZ said:

Caesars odds now show Pats as favorite to win SB..... 😕

Did he intentionally tank his time in Oakland? 

clearly... he was like fuck this place, I'm trying to win a SB... pretty good timing with the rape allegations now though.... she prob a pats hater like the rest of the US...   

also this thread used to be in chan0 back in the day.... 

Edited by IHATEU