Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mercer

A.C.A.B.

1 minute ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

He threw out a lot of hypotheticals but not a single one of them mentioned mace 

Disagree, he said they're trained to only use "less than lethal" which includes mace against something potentially deadly like a metal pole, only when backed up by deadly force, AKA another officer with a gun, or a gun in one hand, mace/tazer in the other.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I have a few issues with that breakdown.

- Important information is left out. The suspect survived. If you just watched the video it would be easy to assume that the suspect is dead. 

- I believe 6 shots were fired, at least thats what it sounds like. 

- He talks about the inaccuracy of a single shot to the leg shot and how i t can be just as deadly or dangerous, which i understand, yet doesn’t discuss how the officer fired multiple rounds to his center mass and the man survived. He either missed a shot or two or the guy is Superman. I understand adrenaline is a hell of a drug but eventually multiple shots catches up to you. 

- “That’s how they’re trained,” isn’t an excuse. Queue the “Nazis were just following orders,” argument. He words it nicely but basically says that they’re trained to kill you. 

- Look at that half ass swing. The reports say the man was reported “swinging” a pipe at multiple people, doesn’t mention that a single person was actually hit. One would have to assume this isn’t Sammy Sosa at bat. 

- Like Kilz said, mace wasn’t mentioned anywhere. He mentioned the “less than lethal,” but not specifically mentioning the other methods would leave ones brain to assume a tazer is the best means of non lethal, and a tazer could be lethal. I’ve been maced, it fucking sucks, a lot. Not saying Superman couldn’t power through it, but it sucks. 

- Could have attempted to corner the dude and waited for backup. 

- He’s a Texas law man. You think he’s never jerked off to the idea of blasting a criminal. (Just trying to be a little fun to finish it off.) 

I may have missed a point or two. 

This said, i may be slightly biased. I’ve had a run in with Corpus Christi police and it escalated very quickly and almost became physical because the cop was an absolute hard on and i was a moron as a 19 year old. 

Edited by abrasivesaint

Admittedly, I havent watched the video you guys are discussing (will do so asap), but I've had a lot of conversations regarding this topic with people from that community and simplified, the issue with LEO is affirmative action. Yeah, I know I just stepped way over the politically correct line in the sand, but I've heard some pretty compelling testimony from guys that help train LEO. At a certain point, agencies were required to fill quotas so it became about recruiting certain profiles that look great on paper as a balanced, progressive police force, but in reality came down to people that were far from qualified on a fundamental level, whether it be physically, mentally and / or emotionally. Net result after a decade or two of hiring an extremely demanding job based on appearance (ironic as that may be), is that you a whole lot of people that should not be in that role at all. Add in budget cuts and a bunch of other external influence, such as the incentives at the Federal level to militarize LEO (worthy of an entire discussion in itself), coupled with it genuinely being a very high demand job in more ways than one, particularly in the social and political climate we've allowed ourselves to fall into and you have a clear recipe for disaster.

I'm not making excuses or believe that any transgressions should be forgiven, but the system is being compromised at its core. 

Thats not surprising really. I agree there are a ton of people who should not be involved at all, i’ve really been questioning and toying with the idea of more people who are so critical of policing putting their money where their mouth is and signing up. You want “proper” policing, do something about it. People become activists for all sorts of shit, why not a police force? 

Don't they get a pension after 20 years? 

Let's get some new blood in there. 

Forced retirements like the Navy did about a decade ago. 

Good question, and not a bad idea. Utilize the Red Flag system to automatically exclude them if they have a Punisher sticker on any of their property. If they’ve watched the Netflix series or movies more than once a year exclude them. 

I actually saw something not that long ago where the Punisher creators say they absolutely hate what the symbol has become, haha.

One of the more Ancap/Lib solutions I see floating around is requiring individual officers to be insured against lawsuits much like doctors are, and the insurance should be required in order to legally perform any LE work. Both as a deterrent, and ultimately as a mechanism that can effectively weed out problem officers by dropping them. 

As it stands right now theres virtually no deterrent, or mechanisms in place preventing police misconduct. If they do somehow get caught, ultimately the taxpayers pay for it, and there's virtually zero impact on the department, or the officers involved.

Case in point Garner's chokehold was expressly not allowed by department policy, dude killed someone with it (I don't think on purpose but still, he's responsible for a death) and the best they can do is fire him 4 years later, and divert tax funds towards his family like some sort of dystopian lottery. Why? The political blowback for anything they did with the officer including charging him, firing him, not firing him, etc. is tremendous. There will be a large group of politically active people like police union, community orgs, etc pissed off no matter how the city proceeds, which is why it's usually best to do nothing.

With this type of insurance in the mix, there's at least someone with the incentive, and the leverage (the current system has neither) to pull the plug on a government employees career to prevent losses from any further lawsuits. 

Edited by Mercer

Writing on back of his uniform says something like "it's not a safe job" 

You mean the French govt, right? @abrasivesaint

Dude, just realized your user name. For some reason thought it was Paint not Saint this whole time lol. 

Nice technique on that double leg, if the cop didn't have the baton in his hands he still wouldn't have enough room to sink in a guillotine. 

image.png.4ee4450db33c16b6d09996e3829dc8e4.png

• LOL! 2