Officially Official - The 12ozProphet Reunion Tee and the return of the 12oz Forum.

misteraven

6 hours ago, Fist 666 said:

Lol. Noooope.

If anyone here wants to send me stickers to send to @Decyferon it may help motivate me to get it done..

send you stuff to send to somebody else…..?

with your track record….?

are you crazy….?

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 2/9/2024 at 11:44 AM, Schnitzel said:

still gotta send that spare shirt @Mauler5150

I was being chill and not holding you to this given that such a gesture if fulfilled is above and beyond expectations of anyone given My experience of the average human’s lack of atrusitic gestures the past decade or so.

Plus I wouldn’t mind paying for a new one if the shirts get reissued in the near future 👍

Yet if you still wish to send it, more power to you and I will appreciate it as conveyed previously.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, LUGR said:

I think update is necessary, this is 2024.

Things done changed.

The more things change the more they stay the same. Yet I wonder if My name would still remain adjacent raven's based on his post counts increasing as of late?

• LOL! 1

Oddly, I've gotten an above average number of comments in this last week regarding the forum tee. As mentioned, I do plan to create new forum tees (as well as forum specific patches and stickers). One of the tees planned is a sort of bundle you get when you join VIP and prepay the year. Likely will be $60 and is more for support than anything else, but when you decide to support by paying $60, you'll get a forum tee that is only available via VIP, as well as a patch and sticker set.

Additionally, I plan to do a series of forum tees and thinking of spinning off a sub-brand of 12ozProphet, called the Official Bootleg Series (like the last book) and potentially selling that line of tees for $20. If so, at that price point, even with the print facility, it's going to be a bit punk rock in its execution - printed neck Lebel, simpler printing probably limited to no more than three colors, no packaging and different blank than the 12ozProphet stuff. I'm still thinking it through, but trying to find a way to support the community and kids that just want a cool tee that is priced no brainer, versus being able to do all the over the top production and quality that has always defined 12ozProphet.

I've been putting a lot of thought and energy into these ideas lately and expect to start rolling some stuff out pretty soon. Still mostly a one man band as far as that goes, but its gaining traction and definitely making progress.

• Like 2
  • Props 5

2 minutes ago, ndv said:

Already penciled in a 60 dollar expense!

@misteraven  just a thought, but 12oz have a crypto wallet so we can have the option to pay in BTC, ETH?   

No, it used to briefly. In fact that WOBF collab was an experiment in getting people to pay in crypto. Thread is probably around here somewhere. But I am hoping to set this up again. 

• Like 2

I like the idea of budget tees that one wouldn't necessarily be worried about getting BBQ sauce or overspray or what-have-you (wink wink) spilled on it.

Monthly tee subscription service? $25/mo gets budget tee and a sticker? Like patreon, but you're supporting @misteraven's bullet budget instead of a comedian who is only halftime funny.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

Few questions… Not sure I’ll garner enough responses to get a true read, but…

1. Favorite tee color? (so far, it’s been almost entirely limited to black and white)

2. long sleeve or short sleeve? I’ve done both and probably driven by climate, but I love tees with sleeve hits and longer sleeves have more real estate for graphics. 

3. Subtle or loud graphics? Most I’ve done have been pretty loud. Graffiti is in your face and generally high energy. Most my ideas and design reflect or are inspired by that. 

4. Heavyweight, midweight or lightweight tees? Personally prefer heavyweight. Feels more lux, quality and generally lasts far longer. 

5. Standard or loose fit? Prefer standard since you can always size up if you want it looser, though not the same as the boxy, drop shoulder, cozy couture fit that seems to have been the trend these last years.

6. Value vs Cost proposition… I’ve always tried my best to elevate and execute at the highest levels. Packaging, complex production and techniques and more detail and concept driven ideas than average (IMO). From the zine, to the books, to the brand as a whole, I’ve always aspired to try and exceed expectations and create products that the young me would have flipped over. Obviously that all comes at a cost. Worth it or do you just want a standard shirt that’s cool enough so you can rep a brand you like on a budget?

————

Especially curious to hear from people that have experience in the industry like @Joker  @dekayfa @glorydaysetc. 

1.  I wear a lot of black amd white tees with and without graphics.  However, I do have a few color tees, blue, purple, and pastel light pink are in my rotation

2.  Mostly short sleeve, I live in the south.  I also work at work stations and sleeves on the table while typing or working the mouse will kinda dirty the sleeves up.  

3.  Subtle or loud.  To me that depends on the graphic or embroidery.  I think this is the artists' call but also the one who wears the tee too.  

4.  I like the heavier weight tees for the same reason you do.  Although it's kind of an oxymoron here in the south but whatever.  

5.  Standard to fitted for me.

6.  I like quality over quantity, it doesn't make any sense to have a nice tee with a cheap graphic or vise versa.  It says a lot about the brand in my opinion.  But don't get me wrong I've see 300+ tees go to crap so it has more to do with materials and technique.  If you can find the middle that's a starting point for bottom teir.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, misteraven said:

1. Favorite tee color? (so far, it’s been almost entirely limited to black and white)

I typically wear black t-shirts. It’s just something that has been part of who I am since high school. I do have white t-shirts but I don’t wear them as often. I have recently ventured into the mustard yellow realm, which is a big deal for me, but I’m kinda liking it. 

2. long sleeve or short sleeve? I’ve done both and probably driven by climate, but I love tees with sleeve hits and longer sleeves have more real estate for graphics. 

Long sleeve is my jam. Obviously when it’s 90* outside I’m not wearing a premium long sleeve shirt, but I live in the PNW so I can wear long sleeves most of the year. 

3. Subtle or loud graphics? Most I’ve done have been pretty loud. Graffiti is in your face and generally high energy. Most my ideas and design reflect or are inspired by that. 

One of my favorite shirts you’ve done is the one posted below. Mine is falling apart, the white ink cracked a hundred times, but I still wear it. I love that shirt. 

4. Heavyweight, midweight or lightweight tees? Personally prefer heavyweight. Feels more lux, quality and generally lasts far longer. 

heavyweight. Feels more premium and to be honest that’s how I see EVERYTHING 12oz has produced. High-level, quality merchandise. 

5. Standard or loose fit? Prefer standard since you can always size up if you want it looser, though not the same as the boxy, drop shoulder, cozy couture fit that seems to have been the trend these last years.

the chubby old man in me says standard fit. 

6. Value vs Cost proposition… I’ve always tried my best to elevate and execute at the highest levels. Packaging, complex production and techniques and more detail and concept driven ideas than average (IMO). From the zine, to the books, to the brand as a whole, I’ve always aspired to try and exceed expectations and create products that the young me would have flipped over. Obviously that all comes at a cost. Worth it or do you just want a standard shirt that’s cool enough so you can rep a brand you like on a budget?

————

Especially curious to hear from people that have experience in the industry like @Joker  @dekayfa @glorydaysetc. 

this is a little harder to answer. I’ll admit that when I order something from Rapha and it arrives to my home in a nice box, I open it and there’s a beautiful brand card, my gear is wrapped in a nice branded bag… it goes on. It makes me feel good about the amount of money I just spent, like I bought something special. 

that being said… it all goes directly into recycling/garbage. So while I like the presentation it’s not necessary. Some presentation is great (maybe just the bag the merchandise is in?)

as noted above I consider 12oz Prophet to be a premium brand and anything that is released I would expect the execution to be of that level. As a consumer I realize this comes at a cost but it’s a cost I’m willing to pay. If a premium level of execution applies a $5 “fee” to my order I’m not gonna bark at that. It’s like buying a nice pair of brogues or oxfords… they come with a storage bag but who the hell uses it (well, I do but I’m a weirdo), but you appreciate the thought. Again, makes you feel like you’ve bought something special. 

alllllllllll that said, do what you feel is right for your brand. 

• Like 3
  • Truth 1

1. Favorite tee color? (so far, it’s been almost entirely limited to black and white)

White tees are throw always for me. Guaranteed stained first day worn. My favorite is heather grey. Black is fine too.

Either is fine. Will wear short sleeve more due to climate.

At this point in life I wear almost no graphics. So, probably subtle. But that’s pretty boring. I have done some lines of printed and embroidered retail apparel at a previous job, and I always had to keep reminding myself to do the complete opposite of what I would wear. Sure enough, those would be the top sellers and the ones that I liked the best didn’t sell nearly as well.

Heavyweight. I can’t stand lightweight shirts. Heavyweight feels like quality to me.

I like loose/classic fit. The fit of the XL Forum tee you did before was nice.

I would keep doing what your doing on this front. If you did make some adjustments, look for the middle ground but definitely don’t go too cheap or basic.

• Like 2

Color: who doesn't make a black t? 

Who doesn't make a cherry red, jungle green, icy grape, seafoam green, etc shirt?

As a vintage paint nerd it bugs the fuck out of me that a culture based around color put out just black t's. its not just 12, it's nearly every single paint company, Graff brand, etc with very little exception. Black will of course always sell, it's a staple for a reason, but I'm an advocate for doing something louder, at least on occasion.

Heavyweight only. If I pay premium price for a really soft t that falls apart after a dozen wears because it's so thin I'll avoid that brand in the future.

Imo simple and subtle design is better, but you've clearly invested in tech that can push the limits of what I expect from t graphics, and I don't think you've made anything I ever didn't think was dope and balanced, so I'd say trust your gut.

Packaging doesn't even register as a concern for me. I've appreciated opening my 12oz shirts and seeing the effort and thought that went into it, but I also see it as material waste bound for the landfill. It does set your brand apart from the competitors, for whatever that's worth.

• Like 5

On 3/17/2024 at 2:02 AM, misteraven said:

————

1. Black/ Navy blue /grey -

white shirts with a beer guts are a recipe for gravy stains.

2. Short sleeve but I do love a Long sleeve at end of spring/start of autumn and sometimes in height of height of summer to prevent sunburn. That's the grey shirts.

3 I prefer one colour more subtle graphics. I'll wear a 12oz  logo T shirt or the forum shirt but when it gets super graffy it isn't my thing. I want graff people to notice it but not to shout it out. Though recently I did buy a Psycho city shirt from Dug1 which was the sketch of a piece in SF. That's about a graff-y as I'll get

4. heavyweight fo' sho

5. fat boy = loose fit but I might be able to size up into a standard fit soon.

6. in the case of 12oz I know the products are going to be good so I'm not so phased about the packaging especially as I live at the bottom of the world. It also can end up as landfill so I'd try to limit what happens.

Books wise Is slightly different I like a bit of the hype of bags and sticker sheets etc.

• Like 3

Just started a thread about this, but if you're looking for some fun new stuff from 12ozProphet, I just launched Sticker Pack Series 001 - Gusto x 12ozProphet

Link to shop: https://12ozprophet.com/collections/shop/products/sticker-pack-series-001-gusto-x-12ozprophet

Link to thread: https://forum.12ozprophet.com/topic/96720-sticker-pack-series-001-gusto-x-12ozprophet/#comment-6531967