Fat Ralphy's Health and Fitness Motivation Thread

fat ralphy

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Have not lifted at all this week or BJJ hoping this shoulder injury improves- I can tell it is but slowly, may need another fucking week.

The big problem is the BJJ - dudes get a 6ft 4in 265lb Brown belt in anything remotely close to arm bar territory and they go complete ape shit trying to get a submission. They never get it - I will give things up to help the real noobs learn but no one who has been around more than a year or two gets any handouts.

So once some MF goes ape shit and I avoid a submission, I end up with some mild hyperextension or muscle pull. Then when I lift, especially heavy it all goes downhill. Goddamn being in your 40’s changes the game man. 

Nursing it bros…..havent done shit other than super light lifts last week. 

8 hours ago, metronome said:

Never really thought about it but BJJ must be horrible for amateur injuries.  Maybe worse than softball? 

No doubt about it - although I would say that training BJJ eventually forces you into some level of fitness which likely then minimizes injuries (still plentiful) versus the softball guys who are off like 3 seasons and may be drinking beers between innings. 

I ended up working legs in the gym yesterday  - at least I can burn some calories. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2021 at 1:19 PM, ndv said:

@KILZ FILLZ how do you like that Total War?

I like it. Feels clean. Drinks very easy and haven’t had any trouble sleeping. Notice my focus is better with this than the last two I used. One thing that I don’t like though is if any of the powder gets kicked up while you’re pouring it burns the hell out of the sinus. 

ok dudes - I am committing to 30+ mins of cardio daily through the end of the year. Starting today.

Also going to weigh in and update you guys on that, been lifting regularly and still fasting 13-16 hrs daily but feel like I have been gaining weight. Primarily due to my dietary choices but at this point I don’t think I can really get crazy disciplined with that.

• Like 1
  • Props 1

With family visiting and work I have missed weeknight practice for the past 2 weeks but I am not going to let it though me off long term.

On the weight side I am now on what appears to be a loss trend but without really trying. One small change has been to eat less meat with restaurant meals.

• Like 1