Fat Ralphy's Health and Fitness Motivation Thread

fat ralphy

Been hitting my work weight room 3 times a week and BJJ x2 - I need to add some better cardio to keep my weight down.

On 04/01 I shifted from 13 hour Circadian fasts to 16 hour - which will help too.

@mortonIf you find the .pdf of convict workout can you shoot a download link to the thread? On a related note, add the body work stations to your walk, its worth it and will improve your overall fitness level quickly.

• Like 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Getting to that box is on my to do list, and has been for a couple months now. A google search brought up this copy on arcive which looks pretty legit.

https://archive.org/details/ConvictConditioning-HowToBustFreeOfAllWeaknessUsingTheLostSecretsOfSupremeSurvival_201711/C-Mass- Paul Wade/page/n1/mode/2up

Book 3 is the one Casek passed me.

This week has been a bit of a looser for me, first distracted by life and whatnot and then a bit under the weather from my second vaccine shot. Not going to let it get me down though, still ramping up slowly with walking and trying the bodyweight stations.

Still thinking about how to write a workout plan, maybe I will make a spreadsheet or something.

Funny looking at the "beginner" bodyweight stuff out there on the internet a little. Ripped ass dudes with hairbuns jumping into some swami looking stretches as part of the warm up. Need something for people that might throw their back out taking out the trash, not gymnasts looking to up their social media accounts.

• Props 1

so, during this whole pandemic bullshit, more so these past couple of months, this stomach of mine has grown and its pissing me off.. dont really have access to a gym or weights right now but ive been thinking of trying this "one punch man challenge" while at the crib just to try and get rid of this fucking gut before it gets any bigger and i turn into jaba the hut.. idk if yall ever seen the anime but basically dude said he got super strong by doing 100 push ups, 100 sit ups, 100 squats and ran 10km a day for 3 years straight.. yeah im not running 10km everyday but i can at least attempt everything else while throwing in some extra exercises in between sets.. im thinking of starting out slowly and taking the weekends as my rest days but monday-friday starting out with maybe 25 or 50 of each daily and slowly working my way up to 100 a day that way i dont strain myself or fuck myself up while starting out..

been thinking about doing it for a while but just been lazy about it.. but the weather is getting warmer, my job is gonna be opening up soon, i cant be out there swingin this belly around like a fat ol booty knockin over glassware n shit.. this gut aint THAT big but i feel like it is.. just gotta figure out a food regimen to go along with the workout.. any thoughts or tips on dieting or other shit about picking up heavy stuff and putting it back down again..? 

• Like 1
  • Props 1

@Tails0nE Try walking 10km a day if you can. Even if it’s not that far, any sort of distance walking will help a lot with weight loss. Eating lean meats and fish too. Try to stay away from sodium. And like @fat ralphy said, intermittent fasting will help a bunch as well. It’s easy to pack on fat but a lot harder to take it back off. So it’s important to be consistent and patient.

16 hours ago, Tails0nE said:

.. any thoughts or tips on dieting ..? 

Download the my fitness pal app, put in your weight and goal and log your calories for a few weeks. I do not get super technical about it, the database makes it pretty easy to find something close enough quickly. Really an eye opener on what foods are high calorie and what it takes to loose or maintain.

Setting a reasonable goal and sticking with it can be pretty satisfying, remember that you did not  gain four pounds a week; expecting to loose more than a half pound or maybe a pound a week is not going to be sustainable. 

It really is as simple as calories in and out, easy to overthink it and try to come up with tricks, which is why we have all these kooky diets and industries around it.

Lifting 3 times weekly but really need to expand my routine - figuring good to rest the muscles on Tuesday and Thursday. Weight room at work so no lifting weekends - my office partner hits the weights daily but just works different areas.

I am super uninformed when it comes to developing a decent routine. I mostly do the same thing each time in the weight room - flat bench, tri-pulldowns, curls, chest press, calf raises and a couple others mixed in for good measure and variety. I do 4 sets of 10 generally for every exercise.

Any good resources on building routines up - if I stay consistent I can get pretty fit. 

That said - adding my hour of cardio back in a few times a week. If you guys remember I was doing it daily but I may switch it up and just do on days I don’t have my kids. That will have me doing an hour 3-4 times a week. The cardio mixed with fasting and weight training should have me in decent shape by end of Summer.

BJJ about 1-2x weekly as of late.

• Props 1

I am doing the circuit at the park. What I like about it is that the exercises are all lined up, all I need to do is walk up and follow the diagram. PXL_20210417_120840407_MP.jpg.fecfe7cc925539c0e20d7a39761286d7.jpg

Five stations with two sides of the sign per station I have been doing all stations plus a little 2 mile walk in the morning before work. Only exercises 1-2 though, got to work up to 3,4.

• Like 1
  • Props 2

Missed a couple days this week but keeping it going.

Took a look at some of the convict conditioning stuff, some fun stuff to think about and some good advice in there but I am just going to follow my nose around the park for a while. I think the policy of slow controlled motions and gradual ramping up are good. Takes a little discipline to resist the urge to do more or move faster.

He dogged on aerobic exercise, which I disagree with, it is a time intensive endeavor but a regular moderately paced walk or swim will absolutely improve health, especially over the long run.  

Hope everyone in the thread is keeping it up, the sun rises in fifteen minutes and I am going to be out there doing it.

• Like 1

Have increased my bench - repping 215lbs x 10 which is an improvement from where I started. Lifting alone mostly so I am not trying to max out at all.

Cleaning up my diet for May - last weigh in was 255lbs. Would like to hit 240 by Summer.

16hr fasts are going well, current streak 261 days.

Need to hit BJJ more often, going tonight.

Get after it bros. /chadoner

A5707037-0547-47F4-95BC-E9ED759B77C3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Props 1

Got ahead of myself on Sunday and did all four exercises instead of the standard 1-2, experienced some back pain later in the day, took yesterday off all together and am doing some running only today. Going forward I am going to do reps of the level I am on until they are all easy and not skip ahead.

Bunch of Muslims fasting for Ramadan right now also so you are not alone. 

• Props 1

Did a strict nature work out today and was pretty enjoyable. 

10x10(+) of pull ups

10x15 of shoulder presses with some Boulder I found 

Climb up the side of the cliff and down 10x 

and the walk to and from which was about a mile each way.

Lighter load than what I typically have been doing, but it was a lot of fun getting creative. Will probably implement it once a week for the pleasure of it

• Like 2
  • Props 3

Approaching one month of regular bodyweight workouts, getting stronger but plan on keeping progression slow and steady. Backpain last week was a little nervous making, I am not trying to have any injury. 

Thinking about throwing more running into the mix, something like every other day alternating with bodyweight days.

Got a jump rope in the mail, now it is just looking at me while I figure out what to do with it.

• Like 1

I have continued to lift 3-4 times weekly.

Not much cardio going on outside of BJJ. Still fasting daily 13-16 hours....

I actually gained about 5-10 lbs last month but people have continued to ask if I am losing weight. I am thinking the added muscle from weight lifting and also hoping that lifting will burn fat.

• Like 2

Just checking in to shoot the breeze and keep a little momentum up in here. I just reviewed my record on the app I use to track my activity. Looks like I am finishing the third month of regular focused fitness of some sort or another. 

I am keeping it up with the bodyweight stuff, a bit like what the young people like to call grinding, which if I follow correctly is much different than what we used to call grinding. Once I can do two sets of all exercises on the board without strain I will move up to the next level in difficulty. The pull up and v-sit / sit up style are the hardest for me and I think the most important to take slow.

On the running side I am upping my distance but keeping the intensity low, wanting to work up to something like 10K and then start working on speed, or hills or something.

My weight is hanging stable but I have put loosing pounds on the back burner and am wanting more to build strength and cardio endurance. My experience indicates that weight loss will follow. 

Hope everyone out there is hanging tough. 

• Props 2

Back in iron temple after three years off.

monday —-

flat bench, incline bench, decline bench

Flys 

dips

Seated triceps press

triceps pull down with rope

tuesday —-

Hammer curls

incline curls

Preacher curls

Wide lat pulldowns 

seated row close grip

seated row with rope

Thursday—-

body weight squats 

body weight lunges 

Leg extension

leg curl

Lateral dumbbell raise

Front dumbbell raise 

Arnold press

Dumbbell shrugs

friday—-

abs (we’ll see)

• Props 3

Not a bad rotation @KILZ FILLZ . Especially for just starting back up.  Don’t forget to up your diet with it.

I’m in pretty prime shape as of right now. Possibly the best in my life.

Once the weather broke, I started cycling again, and that really pushed me to where I wanted to be as far as BMI range. 

Doing high intensity training every day along with it. Dimensions right now are 6’1 198 with what I’m guessing is 8-10% body fat. 

I slipped up last week by drinking, which I was worried would set me back, but my post workout weigh in today left me very pleased. 

Not so humble brag, but I have come a long way this last year and I’m proud so whatevz

• Props 6