Fat Ralphy's Health and Fitness Motivation Thread

fat ralphy

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

We have an empty office at work that we use for training and meetings. Classroom sized.

Named the training Room.

My ass has been sneaking in there and squeezing in push ups and stretches. 

Desk Job hax. "well its called the training room...duh" 

• Props 1

On 8/7/2019 at 4:39 PM, misteraven said:

Not sure all the fasting is necessary... You try a strict keto diet yet?

After years of Team Alco - my body really struggles with eliminating sugars. 12 years sober and my body still craves the sugar.

I have done Keto for 4 or 5 days and then I end up caving.....

Edited by fat ralphy

I never really drank too much, but have insatiable sweet tooth myself. I've read places that sugar is about as addictive as heroin.

Stick with it man... It goes a ling way. Might help to do a juice cleans for a couple days, then ease into a soft diet that's vegetable based, then transition to keto. If you can get the majority of the sugar out of your system, it definitely takes away cravings. But like any other addiction, once you allow yourself a taste, you're going to want more and likely fall off the wagon.

Seriously, try and hold it for a solid month. Willing to bet you'll see fat melt off at about the two week point if you stay strict since thats about the time it takes for your body to go into a ketogenic mode.

Not sure what those are... Basically high (healthy fat) like cold water fishes, red meat, etc. Lots of non carb / starch vegetables, especially healthy greens like kale. Lots of eggs, cheese.

Avoid all fruit and high sugar / carb vegetables. I generally avoid legumes. Obviously no rice, pasta or bread.

• Like 1

I'm about 15 lbs. over right now sitting at 180, injuries suck. Both arms are down for the next month doctors orders, and I really dislike running.

Going to Calexico now to grub though, no fear of letting another burrito fart slip later during jui jitsu, so at least I've got that going for me, which is nice.

• LOL! 2

On 7/31/2019 at 11:56 PM, fat ralphy said:

So far its been a slow struggle .....minimal progress.

Still haven’t given up. I will check back in a weeks time....thanks for the shout.

You don’t get gain weight overnight, your not gonna lose it overnight either  

i read a book on fasting a few months back and was doing it for a while  dropped the weight I wanted to. I found it was better to avoid food all together rather than trying to have just one bite of something.

also read that it wasn’t healthy to lose more than 1-1.5 lbs per week so.  Don’t beat yourself up too much.

One other thing I did, drink a fucking ton of water. Everytime you think your hungry, kill 8oz or ice water. For one, it’ll stop the craving since most of the time you think you are hungry, your really thirsty but also, being hydrated properly makes me feel amazing. Think faster, more energy, etc. it’s a noticeable difference 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

• 2 weeks later...

the fuck is a keto? j/p. I'm in this game myself....kind of. Half in half out kinda shit. my late job had me basically doing aerobics in a fucking sauna for 8/10 hours a day and I lost a bunch of fat off the ol' beer belly. I didn't quite understand how I was visibly slimming down to a point where a lot of people started commenting on it yet the scale only really showed about a 10/12 pound loss. I guess thats a lot if I think about it in a short amount of time. either way. I am most definitely trying to start something simple and easy as I'm starting a full time online program in a couple weeks which means a lot of sitting at the computer, late nights, and not a whole lot of time for bike rides. 

On 9/4/2019 at 12:27 PM, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

the fuck is a keto? j/p. I'm in this game myself....kind of. Half in half out kinda shit. my late job had me basically doing aerobics in a fucking sauna for 8/10 hours a day and I lost a bunch of fat off the ol' beer belly. I didn't quite understand how I was visibly slimming down to a point where a lot of people started commenting on it yet the scale only really showed about a 10/12 pound loss. I guess thats a lot if I think about it in a short amount of time. either way. I am most definitely trying to start something simple and easy as I'm starting a full time online program in a couple weeks which means a lot of sitting at the computer, late nights, and not a whole lot of time for bike rides. 

Muscle is much more dense than fat, that’s why. It’s one thing to burn off fat and another to develop muscle as you’re doing it. Most people will see a fast dip that quickly evens out and despite continuing, won’t see as dramatic a drop. Also can be deceiving because it takes a minute for muscle to become defined, especially if it’s still under a layer of fat, even a fairly thin layer (especially in males). Just keep with it. It’s as much to benefit what’s on the inside as it is what the outside ends up looking like. 

7 hours ago, diggity said:

Dropped 5lbs over less than a week by just being stressed and not sleeping.

not sure how sustainable it is but it works.

Yeah, I feel you on this one. Not good man. Separate conversation but I regularly take magnesium supplements for that. Look into it. There’s this powder drink called “calm” that works best for me. Actually very effective, but you have to cycle it because it’s one of those things your body builds up to and then becomes less effective or not at all. Also helps when you have your diet correct and consume certain other things that help your body metabolize it more efficiently (calcium). That said, been considering cbd, but seems so damn expensive. 

@misteravenI too have been considering the cbd oil but it has seemed so much like a snake oil/cure all that i've avoided it. went out to Washington a month or two back and brought back some edibles for a friend that was combo THC and CBD. split one with my wife one night. night of, yeah super high. but the next few days i felt way better and that has made me consider the cbd stuff. I'm pretty drug dumb. i smoked pot a few times in high school but for the most part avoided drugs completely.  so honestly ive been hesitant on going into one of those cbd stores just because i dont even know what im asking for. my quick online searches havent really yielded much.

my dad has glaucoma (pressure in his eyeballs are increasing) doc has had him on like 3-4 meds and they have only been able to keep the pressure from rising. this has been over the last 5-6 years. he asked the doc about CBD, doc said it was snake oil. my dad says fuck it and starts taking it. next time he comes in for a check, his eye pressure has dropped significantly. doc asks him whats he's been doing. he told him. doc said to keep taking it and they would test again in 3 months. if it keeps up, he should be able to come off meds.  My moms been using it for tennis elbow and its been helping her alot too.

its made me reconsider my opinion on it.