Fat Ralphy's Health and Fitness Motivation Thread

fat ralphy

Thank you @morton 

you’re so right. (During this time off of work) I have found great value in slowing down and taking real me time.  My physical therapy guy is helping guide me. I feel like I’m learning from scratch again. Learning how to  think and breathe before I move and to be very conscious in front of my movements, instead of diving in and rushing through-in hopes it just develops as muscle memory. Pretty successful, so far. 

It’s going to be very important to me to have a routine prior to going to work. I’m learning I don’t have to go HAM at everything I do. Like you said a small simple routine will yield  great benefits. 

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have not been maintaining consistency, work and a sort of recurring cold have been fucking me up, mainly work. It is frustrating because if my team valued efficiency there would be no need for so many hours but it is like the planning and mindset is not there so for now we will suffer.

Out here on the edge of loosing the routine but think that I can pull it together and when open water season starts I hope that the added motivation of swimming in the open air will get me to tell my work to fuck right off a couple time a week.

Anybody, myself included, whoever said that maintaining a routine was easy was only looking at it from the successful side, when you start to loose it or don't have it at all it is really really hard work.

Hope the general silence in here is just folks not checking in and that yall are out there gettin it. 

• Like 1
  • Props 1

@morton perfect timing for me to chime in - my routine got fucked up for a bit last month. 

I have been managing a staff of 16 for the last couple months and I am literally busy all day. After not lifting for 3 weeks and BJJ only 1x a week - I hurt myself in the weight room. Sleep was affected, getting older all that shit. 

Last month I am using an app to track my diet and i am down weight wise. I just got home from BJJ and plan to go again Thursday.

I have learned that I cant beat myself up but to have a standard and at the same time roll with what i need self care wise.