Fat Ralphy's Health and Fitness Motivation Thread

fat ralphy

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
27 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

Just found out I have covid. I’ve been working 80+ hr weeks too. It’s been terrible for my fitness. I told myself I was going to stop doing this and pursue another career. Gotta follow through. But anyways hoping I don’t lose too much size or strength. Time will tell.

This was my fear.   Yeah, I got really sick, lost a little weight, gains kinda went out the window, but you'll bounce back pretty quickly.  

5 hours ago, metronome said:

When I had the covids I had 2 rough days but was able to get back into light cardio without any crazy shortness of breath or coughing fits while I finished up my quarantine time. 

got a work out in today. Tested negative. Just light work to get my blood flowing again. I am exhausted but hopefully the fatigue subsided over the next few days.

• Props 1

I have been struggling a bit guys - making jiu jitsu at least once a week (should be 3x).

Lifting at work but not Mon - Fri like I should be and lacking on cardio.

Diet slacking too - pretty much fucked off my last self imposed 30 days of cardio.

I need to get back on track.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Running a marathon relay with my buddy in 2 months. Essentially means I run 13.1 and he runs 13.1. Could just run a half together but we want to try to get a cumulative time. Losing weight and not weight training as much, but it will come back when I want it. I hate running. But the high is great feeling.

• Props 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I took a five minute look at the tonal product.

I suspect that it is only in it's first form and that the next reveal is that it is actually a masturbation platform once a couple more attachments are purchased.

Looks like an expensive road to disappointment and regret. 

That is just my opinion, I like the ritual of going places and or being around and with people. If I were the type to get fit all alone on my floor the convict conditioning book casek passed me a decade ago would have me ripped and doing one arm headstands and shit by now. 

• LOL! 2

• 3 weeks later...

Back in the pool after a week of being sick, good to get after it during this most challenging time of the year to keep up the fitness routine.

Hope none of you guys are pussing out to hard because of the weather, family commitments or any other excuses. Get some.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I started swimming with this club in like June of 2021, three times a week, open water in the summer, pool in the winter.

When I started it was my goal to complete all sets in a workout on the send offs; right before Christmas I did it. I had pretty much given up on it and when it happened I assumed that the workout was a fluky easy one. Now however I am finishing maybe a third to half of all workouts, it is like I finally picked up enough speed.

18 months into the routine and still making incremental progress. 

I think sometimes that the internet and some media like books and whatnot set unreasonable expectations, like transformation photo sequences from fatty to fit and promises that if you buy into the hype you will be ripped in 163 days or whatever.

Like so many things in life however it may be that a positive feedback loop in life takes a long time to get moving. Not like a negative feedback where your consequences can be almost immediate and compounding.

• Props 3

• 2 weeks later...