Fat Ralphy's Health and Fitness Motivation Thread

fat ralphy

@Dark_Knight

i am not a big eater as well - its tough for me to do on a sceduled time set.  So I changed it up a bit and eat/snack/supplement whatever times is see that works for me so I do not feel like I am being force fed and full all day.  Thus way its easier for me to consume the right amount of calories.  One thing that helps is of course wholesome snack choices, I will grab higher calories per snack.  But yeah, keep up the progress.  You have some nice incognito page arms there. Lolz

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Ten pounds in a month is crazy to me, I am happy for you to be making your goals though.

I am also meeting or beating my weight loss goal and have picked the walking back up, if only a little.

Planning to ramp up the walking, there is a very particular type of fitness that comes with walking/hiking big distance on the regular. I am not sure that my lifestyle right now can afford me the time to get there but I am going to try and get somewhere.

• Props 3

• 2 weeks later...

I am finally back to being able to workout after 2

months of super restricted program.

I had a bone bruise in my knee and the MRI also shows arthritis and degeneration. Awesome.

That said - I am starting a Whole 30 diet plan next Monday and am going to pair it with daily cardio. 

Im maintaining my fitness for the most part but this injury really fucked me. Need to drop 10-15lbs for sure, I will do a weigh in and all that.

Glad your here boys. Lets get it.

• Like 3
  • Props 2

Probably due to the heat and a pick up in the field side of my work lately I continue to loose weight and while it is not really my focus it is good.

I really like swimming open water but one aspect of it is that since we now swim longer distances there is no lapping and no resting out a portion of the set. It shows more that I am still the slowest regular by far and while I am only swimming for myself and the folks I am swimming with are for the most part pretty high level swimmers it has been bumming me out a little to always be last.

I need to be at peace with it and not get frustrated, sounds petty I know. There is a more than a little bit of a head game that goes with these affairs. 

Glad to hear you are recovering from your injury ralphy, be sure to not over exert yourself of re-entry into things and get hurt again right off the bat, that is the kind of thing that can hurt the body and the mental side in the same moment.

• Like 3

@morton as long as I just ride the skateboard and avoid doing tricks hopefully I will stay healthy.

You will definitely get to the point where you aren’t coming in last. My jiu jitsu teacher one day said “you dont show up and become black belt first day”.

I stay with unrealistic expectations of myself and its not always good. Someone will come along soon enough and be the new guy - shit you’ll probably end up helping them out.

This weekend I am going out with a bang before I drop the carbs out and clean up the diet…..im

already regretting my choices this morning.

Weigh in and official check ins coming Monday guys!! Stay up!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

@mortonare you open water swimming? Ocean?

Yes, open water swimming in the Ocean/Bay, 3 days a week for an hour, sometimes over an hour on Saturday. Swim in the pool from October to April, bay May to Sept.

Edited by morton
  • Props 1

1 hour ago, ndv said:

Yeah,  i am about to change all that.  It's been on my mind for a while.  I gotta figure out what I would like to eat on a consistency.  That's the tough part. 

One of the best hints that chicken is good for is you can prepare it a lot of ways - adobo, pollo asada, bbq … you can just season it with what you like too. You can either get breasts or thighs, or even just get a rotisserie chicken or two and clean it 

• Truth 1

when i was meal prepping heavy i'd wait until chicken thighs went on sale at like $0.99/lb and buy a bunch and freeze. make a week at a time (i roasted but grill would be great for this), put over an arugula salad of some kind. get your protein and veggies at work. you can spice each thigh individually, even, if you want. 

Ive been incorporating red meat back into my diet. Steak and burgers. IIFYM. I’ve added almost 10 lbs of muscle in the last couple months. Maintaining is easier when I pump high calorie meats into my body. Got to admit though… my fatigue has been higher. Idk if it’s due to the change in weather or diet but it’s definitely noticeable.

279.2 guys - fuck. The last two months

I have put on 15 lbs like it was nothing. 

My knee is nearly 100% now - tonight I am

headed to BJJ.

I am starting a Whole 30 today and I will also do 30 mins cardio for the next 30 days without fail.

This Whole 30 I am going to avoid eating a lot of dried fruit - the last time I feel like I overdid it with the dried fruit.

Let’s see what happens.

My diet has been pretty fucked so far this month. I had a hangover all day at work one day last week and stopped at Taco Bell on the way home and completely stuffed myself. Way more beer than usual. Pizza… taking too many days off from the gym.

Shame!

Mile time down to 9:30-9:40 tho!!!

The rebound into working out has been slow - lifted today, BJJ tonight and eating better.

The daily cardio yet to commence /bitchmadeoner

I will get better. Good to see you guys pushing.

@KILZ FILLZ dope PR dude…..

@metronome that extra work shit really does make it hard to remain consistent but you have made hella progress.

• Like 1