Political Compass

Mercer

Wondering if anyone has played with this before, its a method for gauging where you lean as far as main stream political ideology.

The vertical Axis defines where you sit on the Totalitarian VS Libertarian spectrum , the horizontal axis defines where you stand on the economic spectrum (redistribution, vs private property rights).

https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

Not really accurate considering I'm an anarchist, and should fall somewhere outside of, or at least below libertarian:

1137761527_PoliticalCompasMercer.thumb.jpg.22946abdf7cdef9fd7951492d8973e3f.jpg

My wife answered some questions different than I would have but scored almost identical:

Wife.jpg.9a48821e921880ebd8b4eb1170ba7301.jpg

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Interesting positioning though, i thought i’d be more towards the low center of the graph. I guess it makes sense though. I started fucking with Chomsky at a very young age. While kids in class were struggling with concepts in Animal Farm i was reading Media Control, Profit Over People, and The Umbrella of US Power.

Edited by abrasivesaint
So i guess this is pointless if the positioning is pointless
  • Like 1

I don't think the test is all accurate, and also don't agree with the placement of some of the people on there. Not a huge Milton Freeman fan (not a hater either) thought I'd place all the way to the bottom right, and imagine that's where Ludwig Von Mises belongs as well, hands down favorite author up there.

I’ve got a feeling nobody on this forum rises above the authoritarian side of the political axis. It would be entertaining to watch the mental gymnastics of a boot licker rationalizing their love affair with rap letters.

Edited by Mercer

• 2 weeks later...

We are probably all answering most of the questions with either 'strongly agree' or 'strongly disagree'. Would imagine if taking this test again and limiting responses to only 'agree' or 'disagree' the plot would be in a different quadrant. 

Maybe. 

I would describe myself as libertarian right based on this thing. There wasn't even a single firearms question on this survey. 

3 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

We are probably all answering most of the questions with either 'strongly agree' or 'strongly disagree'. Would imagine if taking this test again and limiting responses to only 'agree' or 'disagree' the plot would be in a different quadrant. 

Maybe. 

I would describe myself as libertarian right based on this thing. There wasn't even a single firearms question on this survey. 

Hmm, dont remember that.. that would definitely stir the pot a little bit. I was actually using agree and disagree a fair amount. There’s some issues i have my opinions on, but i’m not whole hog and will consider a valid argument against my opinion. 

This test is skewed to towards the bottom left because of the way many of the questions are worded. As an ancap (Very Rothbardian) myself, I should be as far as possible towards the bottom right off of the chart. All Anarchists probably don't belong on the chart at all. The test put me and my wife next to Milton Freedman (lib right) which is close considering he's a Libertarian Economist, but he's from the Chicago School, which most Austrian School economists like myself dismiss as too mainstream/compromising. I don't think it's possible to make this truly accurate but it's fun to play with.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...