Salami pocket

TreSixO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I do not recall this, however.... 

story time with seeking.....

the year is 1997. I’m a dj and promoter in Detroit. After booking hieroglyphics a couple times for shows, we wind up being somewhat friendly. Particularly taje and A plus. On one of these trips the guys tell me they need to find a big ass bag for merch. I happened to have a friend that worked at an army navy store that just let us steal shit, so we headed up there. After getting a bag, we head to my house, which was nearby, so they could reorganize their shit. 

During this period of my life i was living with my grandmother, because grandmothers are the 5th element of hip hop and i was, as is probably evident, VERY hip hop. So we get to the house and they bring all the stuff into the living room where my grandmother happened to be watching jeopardy.  For the next hour or so, Taj and A sat on the floor next to my grandma rolling t-shirts and playing along with jeopardy. It was hilarious. Eventually, my g-maw, bring the host she is, offered to make them sandwiches. An offer they refused. They did however - and this brings us to the situational relevancy of this story- go into the fridge and take a few pieces of lunch meat  for a game they liked to call ‘meat pocket’. The object of the game, it seems, was to put a piece of meat in the pocket of someone’s jeans in their bag, then eventually laugh when days later it was discovered, rotten and stinking. Having toured and lived in vans with dudes, this seems to me to be a game in which everyone loses, but hey, I don’t make the rules. 

And that is the story of hieroglyphics and the meat pocket. 

Also, Del is 100% just as weird as you’d expect him to be. 

(Happy now raven?) 

• Like 4
  • Props 2
  • LOL! 7

30 minutes ago, seeking said:

I do not recall this, however.... 

story time with seeking.....

the year is 1997. I’m a dj and promoter in Detroit. After booking hieroglyphics a couple times for shows, we wind up being somewhat friendly. Particularly taje and A plus. On one of these trips the guys tell me they need to find a big ass bag for merch. I happened to have a friend that worked at an army navy store that just let us steal shit, so we headed up there. After getting a bag, we head to my house, which was nearby, so they could reorganize their shit. 

During this period of my life i was living with my grandmother, because grandmothers are the 5th element of hip hop and i was, as is probably evident, VERY hip hop. So we get to the house and they bring all the stuff into the living room where my grandmother happened to be watching jeopardy.  For the next hour or so, Taj and A sat on the floor next to my grandma rolling t-shirts and playing along with jeopardy. It was hilarious. Eventually, my g-maw, bring the host she is, offered to make them sandwiches. An offer they refused. They did however - and this brings us to the situational relevancy of this story- go into the fridge and take a few pieces of lunch meat  for a game they liked to call ‘meat pocket’. The object of the game, it seems, was to put a piece of meat in the pocket of someone’s jeans in their bag, then eventually laugh when days later it was discovered, rotten and stinking. Having toured and lived in vans with dudes, this seems to me to be a game in which everyone loses, but hey, I don’t make the rules. 

And that is the story of hieroglyphics and the meat pocket. 

Also, Del is 100% just as weird as you’d expect him to be. 

(Happy now raven?) 

LOLOLOLOL! 

You can count on this story being immortalized for all time. I'll personally bump it once a decade, but going to assume it's going to do well enough on its own.

Thanks for sharing dude!

• Props 1

The bag would probably hold the majority of the rotten meat smell, but once it’s opened it would be anarchy in that van. 

Edit: unrelated to salami pocket but i know of stories of dudes pissing into cups and pouring them down the vents along the windshield of other bands vans in the summer so when they had the AC blasting it would reek of piss. 

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • LOL! 1