Home Made Food Flex Off

Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Elena Delle Donne said:

you can buy bags of pre-riced cauliflower (fresh, i didn't try frozen). toss with olive oil to coat. i rock with turmeric and garlic powder and a little harissa powder, salt when out the oven. unstoppable and vegan if that matters. 

I have been making something similar for awhile and it is really tasty. I use florets with olive oil, turmeric, garlic, salt and pepper.

• Like 1

IMG_20230102_094631_950.thumb.jpg.d295bc68c611f97ea88afa427a61d16c.jpg

Made this a while ago but made it again recently and thought I'd share.. eggs in a whole with guac, tomatoes and purple sweet potato bread.. this place in Chinatown called Tous Le Jours basically makes all their pastries fresh that same day so this loaf of bread was like holding a cloud in your hands.. 10/10

received_940543030407894.thumb.jpeg.77ddad1bbfe20cda1296e78ab5286be6.jpeg

IMG_20230313_231434.thumb.jpg.372eddbfdc182295bfe69530abc2208b.jpg

Also went and tried making some homemade onigirazu with spicy crab and avocado.. simple and turned out perfect tbh BUT I didn't store my sushi rice properly so when I went to make some more the next day the shit was dry as fuck.. next time tho I'm gonna try a different mixture and also see if there's a better way to store my sushi rice to keep it sticky..

• Like 4
  • Props 1

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, nicklesndimes said:

not really a food flex, but a food-related flex. becoming a cast iron guy over here...

been using this small one on the grill a bit here and there, it's always been in primo condition.

IMG_20230423_183325_1.thumb.jpg.c67955baaddb38fb7022f1c38889e367.jpg

and as of early yesterday this larger one had rust inside, which i dealt w/ soaking using white vinegar/water mixture. last night and today i was working on seasoning it. looks great(to me, at least..).

IMG_20230423_203901_1.thumb.jpg.15d8a1db85860383dccbe3eb6c752c3f.jpg

Just give them a soak in the sink and then run them through the dishwasher, presto!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

@mercer with that extra thick dough! 

I see you know your pizza. The dough was way too thick, going to have to go half that thiccness next go. Pizza tasted excellent though. I've been gone from NYC too long and my pizza game is getting weak, got too hungry and didn't get a photo, and burned the fuck out of the roof of my mouth. 

Edited by Mercer