Home Made Food Flex Off

Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Yo @One Man Bannedyou killed the game on that one. What’s this with the pancakes?? I didn’t know that was a thing. Also, what’s your smoker setup like?

Peking duck is served with these thin pancakes.  You put some hoisin sauce, some sliced duck, some julienned green onion and cucumber, and then do like a little burrito fold and eat.  Traditionally the first ones you make are made with the crispy skin and then the duck meat for the remaining ones.  If you're doing this as a meal you would carve the duck first and then boil the carcass for duck noodle soup to be served along with.  

Nothing fancy for a smoker, just a Weber kettle.

As an afterward, we saved the duck fat and homegirl used it the other day to make crispy smashed potatoes.  Damn!  Will make soup with the carcass this weekend.

• Like 1
  • Props 1

23 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Can't see your vid but props, been Fiending for some kimchi fried rice for a minute.  Have some solid Korean spots around me but they don't make it and the one that does puts bacon in it.  I'm not a vegetarian but it kind of defeats the purpose for me.

buy a small jar of kimchi (leave it out until very ripe)

cut into small squares and sautee in butter first, thats key.

add rice and the kimchi juice and a little gochujang, sesame oil, more butter and fry it up.

top with sesame seeds and over easy egg.

• Like 2
  • Props 1