Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Home Made Food Flex Off

Mercer

While talking to some friends about it i referred to the marinade and salsa as “sauces” and a friend began to accost me through text messages by starting with “First of all, you used a marinade specific liquid seasoning with ground beef and used it as a baste.” He also said that the guac is not a sauce. 

I called him a food fascist and said they were non conforming, sauce-fluid.

Fucking nazis, man. 

• LOL! 3

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The last time I grilled, many months ago, I started a grease fire cooking fatty ass burgers on Yoshi Copper Matts, which I typically only use for veggies.

0BF039FB-A050-4855-825C-85FBDE54D481.thumb.jpeg.50288148bd7b60c6a35e7e30f0035274.jpeg

In a panic, I used my fire extinguisher 🧯 which covered the grill in fire retardant. Thankfully the Yoshi Matts covered 90% of the spray zone. I’ve been putting off cleaning the grill forever knowing it’d take hours. With 15 steaks in my freezer, and WFH, I figured today was a good day to clean the fuck out of it and exchange for a full propane tank.

5DD499E4-CF74-4CE8-8FD6-EB459E5009D2.thumb.jpeg.7475cbc591c490a795ec62d790b8dc09.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Props 1

I really need to upgrade my BBQ game. I do the Tim Ferris 4-hour body / slow-carb lifestyle: no carbs, no sugar, lots of meat 🍖 🥩, beans, and certain veggies.

The problem is I cook a ton of food for myself, my wife is a more of a Mediterranean dieter, my kids are finicky as fuck, so they don’t eat what I cook. (My wife can’t cook for shit, she struggles with those hello fresh type kits too 🙄)

I’d love a good smoker or a Green Egg, but cooking 4-7 lbs of meat would force me to freeze leftovers. Perhaps I should just hand them out at stop lights  to the homeless.

@Drue_DownI just got a masterbuilt electric smoker.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078483MRB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i know i know...electric with wood chips. Heres the deal. Those butts took 21ish hours to cook. I'm not going to tend firewood or charcoal or any of that shit for that long. 

So far its been pretty good and I don't have any regrets .

Next grill I get, will probably be a big green egg but I saw one of these in action a little while back that seems pretty bad ass.

I'm sick of all these metal grills fucking rusting out after 3-5 years of use. I feel like ceramic is my only choice but they want so much for those things. Even the komodo joe's - the knockoff of it, have gotten really pricey. I keep a cover on my grill and don't really use it a ton. Grills are costing as much as an oven/stove. If people only got 5 years out of an oven, they would be up in arms over it but some how we pay that much for grills that have way less tech in them and they just fall apart. sorry for the rant, it just pisses me off to no end.

A studio I went to was using one of these the other day and had nothing but good to say about it. 

• Like 1
  • Props 1

I’m not calling this a flex but a simple good tasting snack/meal depending on how many you eat. Was a staple of my childhood and i would argue better than any damn pizza bagel. 

English muffin pizzas bitch. 

D5212EDD-F785-4739-8759-2E83F95DFB28.thumb.jpeg.491d6cfe3e42590d59cbbdae8deb305f.jpeg

there’s only 3 cause i ate one. 

Edit/PS: Great little thing to make with kids, they can make their own and who the fuck doesnt like pizza?

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Like 2
  • Truth 1
  • Props 2

On 3/19/2020 at 10:31 PM, Mercer said:

325649493_2020-03-1316_13_06.thumb.jpg.d3c4cf71a10a4d0f03d470b8fa389725.jpg

Crisp Gnocchi (potato dumplings) With Brussels Sprouts, fresh from my wife's Cooking with Corona series. Gotta cook whatever is available.

Those look fire. I made some gnocchi with sweet potatoes recently. Would recommend.

• Like 1

Was cooking some chicken and asparagus for dinner tonight and decided to get weird. Mixed a can of southwestern style corn and cream style sweet corn, added some chipotle pepper powder. Cooked the asparagus with some Szechuan sauce and added some chipotle pepper and some black pepper to that. Dumped the corn in Szechuan sauce. Added the chicken. 

In hindsight, WAY too much corn, haha.36AD4FC5-BB0E-49C3-997A-0A64019A82D0.thumb.jpeg.a47df91dcc340d359b5aa6f460d1df4a.jpeg

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Like 1
  • Pause 1
  • Props 1