Home Made Food Flex Off

Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
16 hours ago, Mercer said:

overall loss

..in all seriousness though when I saw that pic of your zucchini there I thought "wow that guy's really making an effort to see a bit of zucchini grow on their balcony" 

:classic-smile:

It all depends on your weather conditions obviously, but as you already discovered herbs are a good idea in general, and also small-ish plants that don't need a huge amount of soil to grow well.

Do you like chilies for example? Seeing you live high up and probably get a lot of sun they would do quite well probably. Also look nice!

Because that's what it basically is with these small planter things; it's just for fun / stuff that looks nice / bit of herbs and small stuff.

#rep for making the effort with the zucchini though (enjoy your meal!)

Edited by Deine Mudder
  • Props 1

3 hours ago, Deine Mudder said:

..in all seriousness though when I saw that pic of your zucchini there I thought "wow that guy's really making an effort to see a bit of zucchini grow on their balcony" 

:classic-smile:

It all depends on your weather conditions obviously, but as you already discovered herbs are a good idea in general, and also small-ish plants that don't need a huge amount of soil to grow well.

Do you like chilies for example? Seeing you live high up and probably get a lot of sun they would do quite well probably. Also look nice!

Because that's what it basically is with these small planter things; it's just for fun / stuff that looks nice / bit of herbs and small stuff.

#rep for making the effort with the zucchini though (enjoy your meal!)

We did jalapeño peppers but planed the seedlings with the roots too close to separate once the roots intertwined. Stuck with a crowded 3 plant jalapeño bush that just started producing. I’ll probably do chili next year.

8 hours ago, fatalist said:

OMG Mercer, you're killing me. I need this damn recipe! 

Shred 2 lbs zucchini, squeeze out all the water with a cheese cloth (really important to squeeze out most of the water).

Shred 1.5 cups of shredded Gruyere cheese and mix with the zucchini 

Spread out a pre mixed Whole Foods pizza crust over baking tray with olive oil so it won’t stick.

Sprinkle chili flakes and the bread crumbs on top and bake at 500 for 15.

1 minute ago, Deine Mudder said:

I think it's fair to say your end of things is already on game-changer level

:classic-wink:

Oh and zucchini noodles are awesome, just have to wash up those spiral cutters immediately or else they're a bitch to clean..

Yeah... Only other part to watch out for is if you dont do it properly, it can come out soggy. But flip side is that the zoodles absorb flavor more than regular noodles.

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

Shred 2 lbs zucchini, squeeze out all the water with a cheese cloth (really important to squeeze out most of the water).

Shred 1.5 cups of shredded Gruyere cheese and mix with the zucchini 

Spread out a pre mixed Whole Foods pizza crust over baking tray with olive oil so it won’t stick.

Sprinkle chili flakes and the bread crumbs on top and bake at 500 for 15.

Thanks! Going to try to make this soon! 

• Truth 1

Did you say garden? I'm about to plant seeds for the fall. Only thing that produced for this spring/summer has been herbs and argula and some undersized radishes... Will post food stuffs later..

Totally agree with you Mercer... Making food for friends is something I really dig doing. Sitting around and burning time used to be normal.. Now it's slave, slave, slave away.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

67360525_10212527840346099_7492673935108997120_o.jpg.b1c39e2d5b91b04a87f1c7f3620c2e9c.jpg

Ramen style egg. First time trying it.. No more normal hard boiled eggs for me. Funk that. Marinara sauce from scratch, well canned toms but with the right ones, generally gonna be better than what passes for fresh these days. Generally make two batches of veggie stock a week as well. I save all the scrap from onions and the like for the stock.

• Like 1

Since you guys are going in big with the burgers... I've been making mine with half 85% lean ground beef and half ground chorizo (Mexican style spiced ground pork). Add a healthy bunch of Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cut fresh garlic and then crisp up some bacon, chop and add that. Then form into patties and grill... So freakin good! I'll take pictures next time I make some, but the chorizo takes the burger to the next level.

• Like 1