Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kults

Just streetwear being corny

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

It took his sister modeling the shit on IG with her coochie hanging out for the brand to get any attention... ?

1 hour ago, pissdrunkwhat?! said:

And eat them

Fuck em first

Sprayground (lol) taking the L for corny streetwear.

Look familiar anyone?

C2894758-B52F-4283-8088-0145A2FA6F16.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Hua Guofang said:

We’re supposed to wear nightgowns on the street now?

Now?

I never really cared for any kind of fashion trends, but this is ridiculous

• Truth 1

More fashion than streetwear but just as silly 

9E486E74-DEC1-4845-81D9-22F2BE6BF6F9.jpeg

Link to the above... https://hypebeast.com/2019/6/saint-laurent-menswear-spring-summer-2020-runway-collection

Comments are funny in their usual ignorant way, but interesting thing to me is the social component to more and more companies doing this. Not to derail the thread as it is its own topic and perhaps more speculation / conspiracy theory than facts we can point to... But is America and the rest of the world organically pushing in this direction or is this just an extension to an ongoing agenda being pushed out there?

First it was marginalizing white people for being privileged and racist before moving on to being white men, which seem to be at the root of generations of oppression. Now, it's evolved to be men in general, which I guess is a step broader. Anyhow, seems to be a recurring theme... Middle eastern boogie men, the 1%, white people, white males, males, immigrants... Lets stir the pot and see how we can turn everyone against each other.

Again, subject for a whole other discussion, but about ready to embrace corny streetwear in lieu of all the other dumb shit that's being shoved out into the spotlight. Said it once before in some other thread, but almost wish for the days when social media was about posting pictures of whatever you were eating, compared the radical devolvement since then.

Anyhow, good chance to plug the social media thread for those that havent read it yet... https://forum.12ozprophet.com/topic/86519-weigh-in-has-the-social-media-revolution-devolved-conversation

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kults said:

Agreed.  Men need more of a tactical tunic.

• LOL! 1

6 hours ago, misteraven said:

Link to the above... https://hypebeast.com/2019/6/saint-laurent-menswear-spring-summer-2020-runway-collection

Comments are funny in their usual ignorant way, but interesting thing to me is the social component to more and more companies doing this. Not to derail the thread as it is its own topic and perhaps more speculation / conspiracy theory than facts we can point to... But is America and the rest of the world organically pushing in this direction or is this just an extension to an ongoing agenda being pushed out there?

First it was marginalizing white people for being privileged and racist before moving on to being white men, which seem to be at the root of generations of oppression. Now, it's evolved to be men in general, which I guess is a step broader. Anyhow, seems to be a recurring theme... Middle eastern boogie men, the 1%, white people, white males, males, immigrants... Lets stir the pot and see how we can turn everyone against each other.

Again, subject for a whole other discussion, but about ready to embrace corny streetwear in lieu of all the other dumb shit that's being shoved out into the spotlight. Said it once before in some other thread, but almost wish for the days when social media was about posting pictures of whatever you were eating, compared the radical devolvement since then.

Anyhow, good chance to plug the social media thread for those that havent read it yet... https://forum.12ozprophet.com/topic/86519-weigh-in-has-the-social-media-revolution-devolved-conversation

You know that this was the exact goal in the 216 election of people within the US political system and it’s external opponents, right? I’m sure that there are many on both sides of the divide doing it, but there is a mountain of reporting about the people in the ‘alt right’ and their methods, as well as those in the GRU. happy to link you to some of it if you’re interested. 

6 hours ago, Kults said:

I actually have more respect for haute coture (no idea on spelling) than I do that street wear shit. One is art, not really intended to be worn and the other cheesy marketing for wannabes. 

Fashion is for people who have no style. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

Just now, Hua Guofang said:

Fashion is for people who have no style. 

That's a reach. A lot of it is too much but most people who are really into it have cool fits. So you hate street wear AND fashion? What do you wear? Cargo shorts and a white tee?

3 hours ago, Kults said:

What do you wear? Cargo shorts and a white tee?

Cargo pants and a white tee. LOL!

• LOL! 1

6 minutes ago, misteraven said:

Cargo pants and a white tee. LOL!

What’s on that white tee? 

6 hours ago, Kults said:

That's a reach. A lot of it is too much but most people who are really into it have cool fits. So you hate street wear AND fashion? What do you wear? Cargo shorts and a white tee?

Jeans and grey T’s. 

Nothing on them, bought from Uniqlo during annual sales. 

Sometimes I lash out and wear black or white, but never anything colourful as that would be boastful!

each to their own and all, but I do my own thing, which is minimalist and not branded, rather than follow a trend. 

Just now, Hua Guofang said:

Jeans and grey T’s. 

Nothing on them, bought from Uniqlo during annual sales. 

Sometimes I lash out and wear black or white, but never anything colourful as that would be boastful!

each to their own and all, but I do my own thing, which is minimalist and not branded, rather than follow a trend. 

Ya man do what you feel works for you. Jeans and grey tees daily would bore me to tears.

17 minutes ago, Kults said:

Jeans and grey tees daily would bore me to tears.

MemeWear...

26 minutes ago, LUGR said:

MemeWear...

AA89641B-3E01-4D43-87E1-D573CD23D4AD.jpeg

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

12 hours ago, Kults said:

What’s on that white tee? 

Blank. I love the Kirkland tees from Costco actually. The black are special order and 33% more expensive, but I have dogs and cats so they end up looking worst than the white ones. But yeah, those are my favorite blank because they're soft, heavy weight, good cut and dont get distorted or fucked up after washing / drying. Actually thinking to move the 12oz blank to the Hanes Beefy-T as it comes close to the Kirkland blanks and they finally got smart and stopped the crap with the heat transfer labels. Not sure though, but seems like a nice middle ground between the rigid heavyweight blanks we use now (based off the blanks most skate brands use) and the trendy NextLevel lightweight but super soft blanks a lot of people seem to want (but that I can't stand personally).

• Like 2