cellphones.....im not that important and neither are any of you (a rant and a half)

boogie hands

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by boogie hands

no time to excercise+car breaks down-cell phone=walk, get some excercise and be excused for your tardiness because your car broke down

What if you're miles from an exit or civilization in general? My car broke down in fucking North Carolina once -- in the summer. The walk was a nightmare. I ended up on some hick farm begging to use a phone to call a tow truck. With a cell I would have avoided that HELL.

If you have absolutely no time to exercise then you REALLY could use a cell phone. Maybe it would free up some of the time usurped by not having a convienient means of communication.

I'm with you all the way on people being fucking idiots with those things though. Bitching at someone on their phone in grocery store checkout lines, flaunting them on their waste to look cool, brushing you off so they can "take this call" ... fucking assholes. People are the problem, not the shit they use.

i hate the goddamn things

at my university, everyone gets out of class and instantly they're on their phone. the phones ring in class and the professors are so used to it they don't bother bitching anymore. i can see if you need to get in touch with work or someone in the family needs special care, but all these kids on campus use it for social calls. thing is, its not going to go away. bottom line is: we just have to accept, if not, just makes us "old".

i have a cell phone. but then again, i have the common sense when to use it and when it is unnecessary. like if i was walking down the street or something and someone calls me, i know enough to get out of people's way and lean on a wall so people wont get ticked off at me. and when i wear my weekday wear (suits, trousers, pencil skirts, button up shirts, etc), i look damn well important on my phone! :crazy:

it is true there is a whole stack of people on cell phones that dont talk about shit relevent to anything. but it is good to have a cell phone for emergencies. something always happens and you wish you could call someone to help you out. its good for getting directions if youre lost. i have a cell phone and i use it more inside the house than i do any other time-same with my sister and we dont care cuz we dont pay for them. but i dont usually carry my phone on me but its usually in the car just in case i need it. cell phones are a good but overused invention

Guest wakassOATH

who fukin cares .. i hated cells last year, then i moved to korea and well people here are fukin nuts with them EVERY ONE here has a cell phone every 12 year old girl, every grandma, every family, even the dirty poor guy who picks up cigerette butts at the subway station has one

why should we throw away a perfectly good invention? i really doubte you have never had one, i have one now and let me tell you since i got one, it has been my best friend i dont think i could live without it ever been somewhere where there was no pay phone?, or had no quarters and there was a no place to get change? were you ever late to meet someone at a painting or meeting spot and had no way to contact him to tell him not to leave? ever been in a bad situation where you needed some help .. ever been somewhere where somone was being attacked or dieing or some shit?

dont be so dumb, cells are a great invention every aspect of them except for the cancer or whatever.. but they will work the bugs out..

mark my muther fukin words.. IN THE FUTURE THERE WILL BE NO SUCH THING AS A PHONE ATTACHED TO A CORD // look at sweden or one of those places near by, most people dont even had home phones cells are so much more convienent..

ohh yea dont fukin bitch about people using them around you fuk, deal with it or go into the woods naked by yourself and live with out anyone, make fires out of 2 rocks and kill your food with yer hands and then come talk to me about cells and how new technology sucks

Guest got tha feva

Someone's probably already said what I'm about to say... but just for your own benifit of knowing why someone might want to take advantage of the convience of a cell phone Boogie, here's my reasons.

I work 2 jobs, practice 10 hours a week.. I do have a social life, and basicly I'm never home. When I do get home, it's late and everyone is bed, so people can't be calling at that hour. I don't appreciate people calling in the mornings because that's usually when I'm asleep or getting ready for work.. Before I had a cell phone it got to the point where all my friends were trying to get ahold of me by calling me or showing up at my work, and that pissed everyone off a great deal. It's nice for people I keep in close contact with to know they can get ahold of me at basicly anytime if they need anything or have an emergency, and also nice to have a personal voice mail instead of sharing an answering machine with 4 other people who have no buiness hearing the messages people are leaving for me. I also keep an electric phone book, which is convienient so that I don't have to go looking numbers up, calling information, and don't have to worry about losing someone's number. It's nice when I get off of work and want to go out.. instead of having to use the work phone, or drive all the way home to use my phone, I can just call people on the way there.. It's nice to have the security of knowing if there was an emergency, I got stranded in my car somewhere, or had to get information from someone ASAP, I can make the call when I need to...

I am polite about using my phone, cosmo published a code of cell phone ethics that school'd me about the "polite" way to be a cell phone talker. yada yada yada. Yes, life could go on without it.. but life could go on without computers and 12ozprophet too, and I don't see that stopping you from taking advantage of it...

Prude

i don't know how many of you do this, but sometimes when i'm in a large crowd i'll pretend like i'm talking on my cell phone and say "no....ok look bitch shut up.....if you don't get the fucking abortion you won't fit in your prom dress you slut..........bye" and then everyone get's real freaked out. Santa Claus taught me that.

Didnt read the rest of the thread's replys but I got a cell phone in August? My sister left for New Jersey and left it here with a year of service and called it my christmas early present... Im embarressed to use the thing in public I feel like such a prick but it does help a lot with friends as dumb as mine. Fuck cell phones thats why they made pay phones fuckin morons...

Archived