New COD Modern Warfare reveal

Kults

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
15 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

....except the bit where they had a guy smoking a cigar whilst on patrol at night...., or on patrol ever.

Ya that was bad. It’s Captain Price from MW1-3 they kinda had to that’s his trademark.

16 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

....except the bit where they had a guy smoking a cigar whilst on patrol at night...., or on patrol ever.

LOL, or that they seem to all have british accents despite being an elite US spec ops team.

I can forgive both considering they got the important bits pretty much correct and that the entire look is on a whole other level of quality.

Shouldn't this thread be in...

15 minutes ago, misteraven said:

LOL, or that they seem to all have british accents despite being an elite US spec ops team.

I can forgive both considering they got the important bits pretty much correct and that the entire look is on a whole other level of quality.

Shouldn't this thread be in...

Ya they’re probably bound by those chrs. The fan base loved that he was back. Rumours are the games gonna get an AO ( adults only) rating for the first time. That use to be a death blow to games as stores wouldn’t stock AO games but with everyone buying digital these days it’s less of a problem. 

You see kids getting murdered in this one. You’ll get to play as Arab rebel groups as well. It’s basically ‘war on terror ‘ ripped from the headline’. Frankly given the current political climate I’m surprised they’re taking this risk. They worked closely with Tier 1 guys to get the details right, I think they even shelled out for real gun models and names licensing this year. Many of the missions are ripped straight from live leaks vids from the Middle East, Im Looking forward to seeing what they did with it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New details out today

“The devil’s in the details. It may look simple. A lot of people play video games and there are tons of great first-person action games, with weapons that are ubiquitous. They have reload animations, they have different sounds and effects and that’s all great… but to me, there is something special about Call of Duty.” And this time around, the animation team put a whole lot of attention into the all of the details, to ensure the feeling of the weapons is as accurate as possible.

This extends to the ‘power’ of each and every weapon too; the feeling you get when you launch a satisfying projectile strike against an enemy who refuses to yield. This includes “interacting with the environment itself, so when you shoot these weapons, you feel the power of the weapon, but you also see the impact of the weapon within the game world, in terms of the sound and physics.” There’s a real difference between the impact a .50 cal round has when it hits a wall, compared to a smaller caliber round. Tag an enemy with a larger caliber round and they’re sent flying back, compared to a smaller round. Use beefier rounds to disintegrate doors more adeptly, too. Also expect to notice the difference the sound assault rifles make when you equip one with or without a muzzle brake, and the reverberations when such a weapon is firing in an enclosed room, or out in the open air.

Other animations and effects simply add additional layers of believability to the impact a weapon makes, so you’re not jarred out of the game’s reality by a lack of impact accoutrements: “We needed to do different effects on the weapon’s target, so that the power of these weapons translates into the targets that you shoot. The sparks, the smoke, the effects, all of it has to be representative of the power that you’re releasing from your weapon, so it all comes through with our effects.

https://blog.activision.com/call-of-duty/2019-07/Modern-Warfare-Initial-Intel-Detailing-Advancements-in-Animation-and-Authenticity

Sounds really cool

• 3 weeks later...

First multiplayer gameplay. 2v2 Gunfight mode. Feels much more grounded and tactical this year, looks great.

Personally I prefer the full scale 6v6, the full MP reveal is on August 1st, can’t wait for that. Looking pretty tight so far. 

• 2 weeks later...