Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
CIPHER_one

SATs

I take them for the first time tomorrow. Any tips?

And what did you guys get? I can't believe there hasn't been an SAT scores thread...has there?

i did shitty!

first time 800

i cant even get passed 970 :mad:

but i did a lot better on my ACTs

but they are both hard

SATs questions are basic...you just need to know what formulas to use and know how to decipher the question....filtor out the needless info

got a 950

keep in mind,

they deduct a point if you get one wrong, but if you leave an answer blank no points are deducted....so if youre pretty sure on a guess, go ahead and mark an answer, if youre not sure at all and have no idea, it might be good too leave it blank as no points will be deducted or added...dont over use that strategy though, you wouldnt want half your test blank....

when i took the sat i got there just a couple of minutes late. I opened my trunk and grabbed my jacket (it was fucking freezing) and forgot i had a big bottle of wild turkey wrapped up in it... I pulled out my jacket and the bottle smashed on the ground in front of the school. I stressed and dropped my jacket and picked up the pieces of glass and threw them in the trunk. Then I picked up my jacket only to realize i had dropped it in the puddle, and it now reeked of booze. I walked into that test late and absolutley stinking of wild turkey.

I got an 1140, but it's now been 5 years and i still haven't figured out why i took that stupid test.

try and eliminate as many answers as you can if you have to guess, so that at least it is an educated guess, and you have a better chance at the correct answer.

don't get caught up on one question you can't get, if you can't work through it right away, skip it and come back to it.

if you don't know at all, don't answer it, skipping it you don't lose any points.

oh yeah, my guidance conselor also told me that...instead of bubbling an answer everytime you solve it, instead, just dont bubble all the answers to that page until youre through with it...in other words, solve all questions, write answer beside the Q in the book...then bubble all the answers in the end

I did very well on the SAT, but it didn't do me any fucking good overall. Just made me look like an underachiever when I got erratic grades.

Guest fr8lover

whatever you do dont show up hungover and fart outloud in a giant auditorium...i still got a 1300.

I got a 1050 and said fuck it that will get me in college my friend got someone else to take it for him and got a 1350?fuck him,

I took them for the first and only time at age 15 and kicked all of your asses.... except perhaps cracked and his ass... because he holds his cards, I wont know.

i took em in here in canada so iono if they r different but i got a 1400 on an older practice test but i got a 1280 on the official one

Guest TEARZ

do like i did and get a 1500 the first (and only) time you take them.

Guest ctrl+alt+del

i got this program on my computer, "Kaplan GUARANTEED higher score on the SAT's" i need to try it.

Make sure you have enough to eat, they are really long, make sure your mentally prepared get lots of sleep.

I had to take them in 8th grade, I got an 1120 then, this year i have to take the acts. So luckily for me i get to take the sat's about 3 or 4 times then i get to keep my highest score.

Guest HESHIANDET

showed up half drunk and got a 940 i think. blah.

hm... i didn't sleep or eat at all... so i was out of it.... my stomach was growling the entire time.... they were pretty easy though... especially the english section.... it seems like they dumb the test down every time i go in to take it..

scored low 900's.

took the test on a saturday, wastes your whole morining and afterwards all i wanted to do was go to sleep!!!

:scramble:

the egg man

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this