Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
glorydays

Is ‘FUCT’ Too Scandalous to Trademark? SCOTUS Hears Oral Arguments

How can a word that doesn't officially exist in the language yet be a banned/untrademark-able word?

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

How can a word that doesn't officially exist in the language yet be a banned/untrademark-able word?

apparently pronunciation and "perception" are taken into account at the trademark office....which is some old bullshit, since both pronunciation and "perception" is up to opinion and not fact

the trademark office is literally saying opinion matters in law

Ppl still fuck with...fuct in 2019? 

I had one of their stickers on my board in like..96-97? Also how have they not trademarked that yet..the hell

• Truth 1

3 hours ago, Kults said:

Ppl still fuck with...fuct in 2019? 

I had one of their stickers on my board in like..96-97? Also how have they not trademarked that yet..the hell

all the OG brands coming back like fuct, alife, and 12oz

• Like 1

11 hours ago, glorydays said:

apparently pronunciation and "perception" are taken into account at the trademark office....which is some old bullshit, since both pronunciation and "perception" is up to opinion and not fact

the trademark office is literally saying opinion matters in law

Pronunciation... I guess there's that tomato/potato song but I believe the majority of words are meant to be said a certain way that is not up to opinion?

I'll be waiting to see how this turns out, more for the argument over language and its use.

2 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Pronunciation... I guess there's that tomato/potato song but I believe the majority of words are meant to be said a certain way that is not up to opinion?

I'll be waiting to see how this turns out, more for the argument over language and its use.

Brunetti spells out FUCT like F-U-C-T when he says the name of his brand...or he calls it Friends U Can't Trust

by that defense, he's not pronouncing it "fucked" and that the trademark office is basing their denial purely on opinion

Yeah but he spells it Fuct, doesn't sound like a great argument on his part.

These guys will be waiting/watching:

image.png.dfe878a9c3dd3eac6ddd1bb148bc890e.png

16 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

Yeah but he spells it Fuct, doesn't sound like a great argument on his part.

These guys will be waiting/watching:

image.png.dfe878a9c3dd3eac6ddd1bb148bc890e.png

I believe its biased from the administration since they say a "moral" trademark is better for the public but then turn around and sell "trump that bitch" tee shirts

I'm not targeting the president, i'm just saying if we are to believe that morality is the center of the argument, it better be applied to both sides

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this