Is ‘FUCT’ Too Scandalous to Trademark? SCOTUS Hears Oral Arguments

glorydays

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
2 hours ago, Mercer said:

How can a word that doesn't officially exist in the language yet be a banned/untrademark-able word?

apparently pronunciation and "perception" are taken into account at the trademark office....which is some old bullshit, since both pronunciation and "perception" is up to opinion and not fact

the trademark office is literally saying opinion matters in law

11 hours ago, glorydays said:

apparently pronunciation and "perception" are taken into account at the trademark office....which is some old bullshit, since both pronunciation and "perception" is up to opinion and not fact

the trademark office is literally saying opinion matters in law

Pronunciation... I guess there's that tomato/potato song but I believe the majority of words are meant to be said a certain way that is not up to opinion?

I'll be waiting to see how this turns out, more for the argument over language and its use.

2 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Pronunciation... I guess there's that tomato/potato song but I believe the majority of words are meant to be said a certain way that is not up to opinion?

I'll be waiting to see how this turns out, more for the argument over language and its use.

Brunetti spells out FUCT like F-U-C-T when he says the name of his brand...or he calls it Friends U Can't Trust

by that defense, he's not pronouncing it "fucked" and that the trademark office is basing their denial purely on opinion

16 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

Yeah but he spells it Fuct, doesn't sound like a great argument on his part.

These guys will be waiting/watching:

image.png.dfe878a9c3dd3eac6ddd1bb148bc890e.png

I believe its biased from the administration since they say a "moral" trademark is better for the public but then turn around and sell "trump that bitch" tee shirts

I'm not targeting the president, i'm just saying if we are to believe that morality is the center of the argument, it better be applied to both sides

• 2 months later...