Armed Forces Photo Appreciation Thread

Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...

Having your optic out that far is usually for quick target acquisition but that's not really how you use an LMG. It's also really high, you should be able to align holodot with the fwd sight. Must be weird getting a cheek weld with your eyes that high up. Gotta be in that position because of the hot hot heatttttttttttt ? ? ? 

Ok, that's not so bad, my Light Support Weapon (F89 Minimi - Para version) was belt fed 5.56 and we had bags packed with ammo that were like 150 round mags, or a box that was 200 rounds, which was too large for fire and movement and better suited to defensive operations.

However, front line ammo for the Minimi was 600 rounds and we'd most often go in with 8-900 rounds in webbing and pack (being airborne you couldn't count on resup). Heaviest I ever went in was 1400 rounds. That was a heavy fucking landing under canopy and a heavy trot until I could expend a bunch.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...