No FAME...

shameless self promotion

Forget my screen name, its the exact oposite of who i am. Its never been about being up or being known. I have never wanted fame, never attained it, nor have i tried for it. I do my own thing. Im not really all about showing my stuff on here, regardless of openion, sure some of it may suck, but im evolving, and im having fun. I paint for fun, for love of the freedom to put up whatever you want, to use any color and any style. Sure i bomb, but i love to piece even more. Nothing like sittin in a quiet yard with nothing but your boy beside you just painting, nothing but the sounds of the spray from your can and the occasional train rollin by in the darkness. I guess when i was younger i never really stopped to relax and paint, i was all about goin all out and just being crazy...that was fun while it lasted. Now that im alittle older and have started to realize all the things that i have missed out on, its alot easier to just chill and do my thing. Im patient. I can wait now. I think its damn cool for those out there who have their name up everywhere and are respected by everyone, but i also have respet for those little known writers who do their thing unbekown to everyone. I feel as if these kids are the ones, the ones who really love graff and art that will still be around long after graffiti has had its time in the light. Dont go out to get your name up, go out to put up something unique, something beautiful. Im doing it cause i love it, why are you?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Why are you so concerned? If its all about you and your " No Fame" why be concerned about others? Do you use spray paint? Do you write a name? Are you in a crew? You are in the same game as everyone else, so you can say you're about this and that, but graff. is unspoken...If I saw you up I wouldnt say " I bet that guy does this strickly for self"...You would just blend in with the rest...I'm glad you have fun when you paint, most of the time I dont...I'm more worried about my surroundings than having fun...I do how ever enjoy the rush and the feeling I get after I've painted...

" I think its damn cool for those out there who have their name up everywhere and are respected by everyone"

" Dont go out to get your name up..."

come on dude...

" I think its damn cool for those out there who have their name up everywhere and are respected by everyone"

Im sayin that its damn cool for them cheif, if thats what pushes their buttons, then thats good for them. Because thats essentially what their looking for. But i just have a different out look on it...yes i write a name, and have used other shit than spray paint before, i have no crew, i know alot of other writers, if ever put a crew down its a fake one understood as a joke between freinds...

What i essentially wanted from this thread was a reason as to why you go out, why go out and just worry about shit to paint a wall and get it buffed couple days later, for me thats not that fun, id rather have something more permanent..what im saying is why do you basically go out everynight and put shit up if you dont love what your doing? I dont have a problem with what your saying, im just trying to find out why you say this..thats all..

Because it is fun.And no matter how wack my styles may be, no matter who sees it, no matter what happens after I put it up..it is that act that provides me my happiness. And when I am there...balls to the wall...and knowing I have to live up to my expectations..mine.,no one elses...this is the challenge I enjoy. It is graff...part of it's beauty is that it is saying..a big...fuck you..if you don't like it..that is the taboo, illegal, destructive beauty embodied in painting something. It would be cool, if everyone were to jock it, and like it, and get the feeling I got while doing it..but I hold no expectations of others reactions to my work. I find that alot of what is "cool" or "popular" is the easily digestible.The writers that really caught my eyes...are the underdogs of style.Now, sure we all know certain heads are good and "famous"...but alot of them are out for that...lick stamps, network and move within the "right" circles to attain this goal, not that this is always a "bad " thing.. The masses think Andre The Giant is cool..and that is "graffiti" to them...To me..it is an icon, like a logo..and once people see it everywhere, they jock it. No discredit to him, but to me, that is not graff..it is merely using a method writers use. Fame and recognition are sidetracks...not the main line.The main line and goal,,,for me,,anyhow..is developing my letters. Advancing my style..to where, I am not sure..but I know the path I take.To me, after all the trends pass, the new 4 year writer groups come and go, I will still be doing my thing.After all the discussions on the web are exhausted and blue...there will be a few things..walls, paint, and myself...balls to the wall...for no other reason than when I was a kid..I got this feeling..and like a junkie...I fiend for it..again and again. So what am I out for...why am I trying to explain an ineffable feeling to the masses via the internet? Why not....if there is anything I give to graff..it is that it is for you.This is not a group where you are accepted.No one is..we are all outcasts from the main stream..and the little bit of fame or recognition we get from this..isn't much. When you are a millionaire from writing and living in Jamaica on the beach, let me know.And I can bet you at that point, going out at nite and getting up will be the least of your desires. It all depends on what you are looking for...if you are looking to find yourself..writing is a good start.Because it is only you..alone...at the wall...and it is you against all you know, and accept as reality..it is creating your own reality...and no one will ever be in that place..it is yours..your little take on the way things are...and the masses won't get it...you can't expect them to.And I promote myself...because no one else is going to do it the way I want it done. And there is no end reslut from this..there is no ultimate goal to be attained..beyond mastering style...which I really think is an limitless boundary. So I do it for the feeling of looking at a flick..having all the memories flooding my brain of those tiny little moments in time.Knowing that it was me...balls to the wall...

Good times.man...good times...

ya dig?

Originally posted by cleansheets

. It is graff...part of it's beauty is that it is saying..a big...fuck you..if you don't like it..that is the taboo, illegal, destructive beauty embodied in painting something. Good times.man...good times...

ya dig?

Thats what im talkin about, i admire you man, finding beauty...

I dig..

I've done everything for myself-I've always thought that if you don't believe in what you are doing then why are you doing it?...once I lose all drive to hit up-I'll stop.I never really hit up to gain fame...or did I?..that is a hard question.

it is my therapy..

it makes me feel like myself again..

it is the time i feel most alive

it makes me remember what i did while i got wasted the other night.

i like being criminal

and subversive

Archived