Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
One Man Banned

SONGS in SCENES

Thread idea- songs that have become attached to movie scenes such that hearing the song brings back the scene.  Mainly avoiding songs made for the movie.

A few that come to mind:

• Props 1

I reject the premise and move to open the thread to all movie, television and theater music and tracks, including musicals and comercials.

These Danes have slick production and a nice little playlist of pop soundtrack, I cringe a little when I see orchestras doing starwars or lord of the rings and whatnot because it just comes off as pandering and tacky but they seem to do it well and with a chick composer too which you never see.

Alright, can anyone name the movie this song introduces?

5 hours ago, morton said:

I reject the premise and move to open the thread to all movie, television and theater music and tracks, including musicals and comercials.

image.png.5915385ccbe2203c35aafb587776752d.png

Going to have to reject your rejection.  There are similar threads for what you propose if you look, and if you're going to ignore the whole premise you may as well make a new thread for what appears to be songs from movies and people covering songs from movies.

So the content must resonate in the culture with such clarity that the association is presumed? That seems like an extraordinary and arbitrary bar to meet.

7 minutes ago, morton said:

So the content must resonate in the culture with such clarity that the association is presumed? That seems like an extraordinary and arbitrary bar to meet.

Did you reject a premise you didn't understand?  None of the first songs listed were made for a movie.  After being used for a scene, especially like in the first two, a mental connection is made such that hearing that song from then on will conjure up images of that scene.  There's not a shit ton of songs that do that, so it is a little more challenging than finding a symphony orchestra playing the Star Wars theme.

Right, out of the three you posted only "stuck in the middle" would hit that hard for me, further if If it is not a unique piece the waters get muddy pretty quick. It is too challenging whereas to find interesting music associated with film is a pretty reasonable thing to do.

However, I will respect your vision as it is your thread after all.  

Cant hear this song without thinking of Die Hard

12 hours ago, LUGR said:

The part in Jarhead where they make the troops watch this to get them ready to kill, love it

• Truth 1

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this