Your Art Thread - Volume II

Hayabusa

@Schnitzelthats dope!  There’s something really tactile and pleasing about animation done this way. They collage itself is cool to, I like the style you work in. Definitely interested to see where you take this next.

I wish I could say I’d been working on stuff but work has been pretty intense lately. Hopefully get a bit more work/life balance going on so I  can spend more time making stuff again.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Thanks @Lorne_Malvoit's good fun and it's nice to have an idea semi work on first try!

I've been building the little collages since last year, mostly of pieces but it's cool to try something else. There's a toaster coming and toast is going to pop out.

I use these things from the hardware store - hard to work with but pretty solid

not to mention free

got another idea planned for weekend

image.thumb.png.8b1cb2568488a08e285f832b77893a23.png

Edited by Schnitzel
typos
  • Like 2

@Schnitzelthat animation looks like it was fun to explore and reminds me of Terry Gilliam’s work for Python - would be interesting to see you take it further.

Been slacking on doing anything creatively fulfilling lately, mostly small client work that keeps me overwhelmed.

Edited by ClownPrince
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

@Schnitzel that videos dope mang.. I love stop animation!! 

But ...Its been a while, I haven't done much visual art i have been focusing more on instrumentals and music lately but I have done a few things

I made another metal mack to hang from my car . Lol 

And had some shirts made

And here's the music i been working if any bodys interested.  

20210711_215137.jpg

20210308_175222.jpg

20210711_194307.jpg

20210711_110038.jpg

Edited by ElbowMack187
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hayabusa said:

Sooooooo what would you all wanna see me draw? 

Dealer's choice:

A 12oz logo or design that accurately reflects our current state of affairs.  Maybe a raven wearing a speedo and sipping an umbrella drink relaxing in a beach chair while the world around him fights itself.  

An obviously elderly or group of elderly writers still getting up with graf.  Did they stack their walkers into a whole car ladder?  Lower someone on ace bandages to catch that bridge side?  Did they used to pop and lock, but now their knees lock and pop?  You decide.

A gerbil sticking Richard Gere up its ass.

A few suggestions to work with, get creative.

And, stating the obvious, but nice works you've posted, proper.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

54 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

Maybe something Indigenous/Native for the time of year if you need a more normal suggestion.

Thats a cool idea

I do like Ravens… There are some old cultures that I could play into without getting in trouble for… and I have had an idea like that on the back burner for a while but it may be a winter piece……..

Huginn and muninn?

4 hours ago, Hayabusa said:

Thats a cool idea

I do like Ravens… There are some old cultures that I could play into without getting in trouble for… and I have had an idea like that on the back burner for a while but it may be a winter piece……..

Huginn and muninn?

My thought was more Native American, or that something further North might pair well against those Orcas from before.  Not trying to pair concepts, but realized after that it would fit.  But yours is a cool idea and personally I just like crows and ravens too.

On 10/30/2021 at 9:24 PM, Ko SprueOne said:

Black Belt skills man.

Have any of your clients been model kit companies for their box art?   

Nah

I keep it relatively low key tbh. Did mainly dog portraits as commissions and the odd art show here and there.

art is very hard to make profitable and sustainable.

At this point the hobby pays for itself and them some and im ok with it

Edited by Hayabusa
  • Truth 1