Vandal Squad Misconceptions

Unregistered

I remember getting roped up by some NYC VS guys a while back. They rolled up and I was cornered in some alley way so I hid under a truck. Obviously they found me.

I figured these dudes were gonna be fuckin dicks, mostly from stories I'd heard about them.

Completely opposite.

They actually seemed more pissed about having to bring me in than I was. I talked with one of the guys for a bit, and he said he really didn't give a shit about any of the graf. "Why should I care about some shit over three other layers of shit that's been there for years" (to paraphrase). His partner acted like the shit they were doing was pointless, but they did it anyway. They seemed like guys who'd been demoted, or were waiting to make detective or some shit. One of em even said he didn't think there'd be a VS left after Guiliani left office.

Some (not all) of these Vandal Squad guys are not the vigilante types they've been made out to be. To me, these dudes were just doing a shitty job that they had been handed, for whatever reason.

Of course, I've also heard about some of these VS guys harrassing motheruckers at their jobs, prank calling their houses, fucking with them on the street, etc., so I'm also not trying to say they're all fun and games ... just showing a flipside to the typically one-sided coin.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

WELL GUESS WHAT THEY STILL BROUGHT YOU IN SO ..SO MUCH FOR JUS BEIN FRIENDLY..AND I REALLY DONT FEEL LIKE PALIN AROUN WITH EM ANYWAY SO I DONT GIVE A SHIT WHAT TYPE OF PEOPLE THEY ARE.

Originally posted by Unregistered

Of course, I've also heard about some of these VS guys harrassing motheruckers at their jobs, prank calling their houses, fucking with them on the street, etc., so I'm also not trying to say they're all fun and games ... just showing a flipside to the typically one-sided coin.

haha, sounds exactly like some shit writers would do... oh, but its funny when we do it right? ... someday people will realize that without a VS, we would not exist. if bombing were legal, no one would care to bomb... dont hate the players, hate the game... they're doing their job just like we are, the more dedicated they are, the more dedicated we have to be. it makes it that much more fun.

Originally posted by ODESK

..AND I REALLY DONT FEEL LIKE PALIN AROUN WITH EM ANYWAY

Really, well that's your loss. They invited me to the Vandal Squad weekly poker game down at Frank's house and we've been bro's ever since! Matter of fact, officer Vasquez owes me twenty from last week ... where's my cell...

you guys listen to that MTA interview on tagpage? VS guy kicked desa (i think) in the face...didnt even take him in, the next day the VS guy saw desa on the steets and asked how his face felt....i could care less about the police, let them do their job and shit..what we do is ILLEGAL and there is no justification (no matter what anyone thinks) for doing graffiti....i just thought that was a funny story...

Originally posted by sectorTVA

you guys listen to that MTA interview on tagpage? VS guy kicked desa (i think) in the face...didnt even take him in, the next day the VS guy saw desa on the steets and asked how his face felt....

This poses the question: would you rather have your face kicked or be arrested?

Guest ctrl+alt+del

well how hard would this kick be? full force of a strong man? hard to say. would i be allowed to cushion it by attempting to cover my face with arms? i think id go for the face kick.

This poses the question: would you rather have your face kicked or be arrested?

i would take the kick in the face rather than getting arrested. even a tooth knocked loose is better than getting arrested. a kick to the groin added on top of the lost tooth...hmmm...id still take beat down.

Originally posted by chozer

where im from, and from what ive heard, the vandal squad in my area really doesnt care until you get caught.

dont trust that. be prepared for an unexpected visit at anytime, wether you have been caught or not. it happens more than you realize. they give out search warrants left and right in my city just if they get the smallest peice of info that might link someone to graff. or else my city sucks and yours is cool.

Re: Re: Vandal Squad Misconceptions

Originally posted by seeking innocence

haha, sounds exactly like some shit writers would do... oh, but its funny when we do it right? ... someday people will realize that without a VS, we would not exist. if bombing were legal, no one would care to bomb... dont hate the players, hate the game... they're doing their job just like we are, the more dedicated they are, the more dedicated we have to be. it makes it that much more fun.

just like in the simpsons everyone needs an enemy

The beatdown argument is a valid one.

I don't want to personally say I'd be up and ready to take a beat down instead of being arrested, for the sheer fact that some beatdowns can leave you FUCKED for life. Getting knocked in the temple or kicked hard in the balls can put some permanent, irreversable damage on your body that might make you wish you'd been brought in instead.

On the other hand, if the beatdown doesn't do any serious permanent damage, and only hurts like fucking hell, I might take that over an arrest.

the vandal squad down here is just fucking bitches using the internet to catch kids that give up to much info and take down the real kids..no fucking real detective work is done by these fuckers..i cant believe they even have branch esspecially made for this..its blows my mind..so next time you get a random email or instant message think twice..ive never had this problem but i know some who have..

oh and ive had my ass beaten by my older brother my whole life and ive been in millions of fights ive even been jumped and beat with someone fucking boots..that werent on their feet so i think id much rather take the boot to the chin then be hauled in...that rhymed

as long as you dont fuck wit the wrong spots they dont realy care around here if you hit amtrak they hunt you down and all it takes is a few wrong words on the computer or one lil bitch snitch and you can be royaly fucked so best bet is to keep graff out of your house or in a box that you can dispose of quick.....or somethig i dont know sometime i get paranoid ...peace

Originally posted by 242in215

as long as you dont fuck wit the wrong spots they dont realy care around here if you hit amtrak they hunt you down and all it takes is a few wrong words on the computer or one lil bitch snitch and you can be royaly fucked so best bet is to keep graff out of your house or in a box that you can dispose of quick.....or somethig i dont know sometime i get paranoid ...peace

nothing wrong with being paranoid. I would think that if NYC budget becomes strained due to 9-11, the VS would get cut or downsized. after all i guess there are higher priorities in the budget then graffiti. KORN has a interview somewhere where he says that when the MTA will get $$ problems, that is when the graffiti will come back. I believe that to the fullest. IF there is a budget problem, to me it would seem that having no service or graffiti w/ service. i think the city would take the graff if it came down to it. bankrupt nyc or something.

The beatdown argument is a valid one.

I don't want to personally say I'd be up and ready to take a beat down instead of being arrested, for the sheer fact that some beatdowns can leave you FUCKED for life. Getting knocked in the temple or kicked hard in the balls can put some permanent, irreversable damage on your body that might make you wish you'd been brought in instead.

On the other hand, if the beatdown doesn't do any serious permanent damage, and only hurts like fucking hell, I might take that over an arrest.

no doubt. my boy got kicked in the head and died.

Re: Re: Vandal Squad Misconceptions

Originally posted by seeking innocence

seeking. you left out a few things:

a. they get paid 8 hours a day to chase writers so i dont think they are "dedicated" plus they have no consequences or obstacles.

b. just because there isn't a team devoted to graffiti doesnt mean graff would be legal. its not like if the VS was dropped that graff would become legal. there would still be mad beat cops.

anyways who gives a fuck

of course there will still be cops, i was simply saying 'so what'? so theres a vandal squad? they're just some morons that couldnt make detective so they got stuck doing that... i know if i was on the VS, im sure i would find as much joy in busting kids, as i do now in getting over. its the simple idea of 'us vs. them' and it feels the same no matter what side your on.

Originally posted by Emo.Death.Machine

using the internet to catch kids that give up to much info and take down the real kids..no fucking real detective work is done by these fuckers..i cant believe they even have branch esspecially made for this..its blows my mind..so next time you get a random email or instant message think twice..

I got to go with Seeking on this one. It's like the ying/yang of graffiti. Without one you wouldn't have the other. As for the above...it seems like if they are able to track you down on the interenet and get kids to admit to what they are doing they are doing detective work. What should they do different to make them REAL detectives. This is like the "all REAL writer rack" thread, just like there are different methods for getting up in the graff world, I would assume there are different methods for cops to bag vandals.

I think everyone is forgetting some key facts:

A) cops are fat and lazy

B) cops lie

C) the cops are NEVER your boys... When they say that they are there to help you, you should take this to mean that they want you to rat out your boy and fuck you up the ass...

Don't get it twisted, just cause they smile to your face doesn't mean thier not plotting behind your back.

Originally posted by fvk1

I think everyone is forgetting some key facts:

A) cops are fat and lazy

B) cops lie

C) the cops are NEVER your boys

I'm not trying to be Mr. Cop Defender, but it in all fairness, the things you just mentioned are traits you will find in people everywhere, regardless of their profession. If you don't like cops, at least hone your contempt for them to the point of being relevant.

The cops I don't like are the ones who take advantage of their position and get off on a power trip, which unfortunately are the type of cops I seem to have run into the most. Those fucks can eat a firm dick. But I've also ran into cops who had some honest integrity for the work they do, and I'm fucking grateful to them for risking their ass every day.

i dont like cops. a couple times ive called them because i would get arrested if i took care of the problem myself but thats usually the best choice..my boy put a shotgun to some puerto ricans head for trying to steal his car and when a cop came he said "dont bother calling us next time because well have to arrest you".. quality nypd.

I've also ran into cops who had some honest integrity for the work they do, and I'm fucking grateful to them for risking their ass every day.

graffitti is illegal...and someone else stated that there is no point in arguing this. yes, it is art...but is it your property? no. and the owners of the property getting "grafitti'd" isnt thinking about you "getting up" but what it's going to do to their business/revenue. look at it this way... there is a story behind every face...and because it isnt yours, doesnt mean it is neccessarily wrong. but this is life we chose to lead and understanding your "enemy" might make that person less of an enemy and more of someone you just dont want to run into all the time. if cops didnt care...would painting be this fucking cool?

cops are nessesary...graffiti is nothing with out the illegal aspect of it...i paint for many reasons, but a small reason that i paint is because i like the criminal feel to it...if it ever becomes legal (HIGHLY doubt it) im putting my cans up....legals are cool and all, but a majority of graf is illegal in my eyes and it just has to stay that way to really be graffiti to me...and quit cop bashing, granted there are asshole cops out there most are doing their jobs...if you got a problem with the law then quit...

Archived