Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jackson

Jackson's Summer Trip to America Suggestion Thread

22 hours ago, earmuffs said:

Or come to north Texas and not deal with hipster liberals. 

Whoa whoa whoa whoa.  I live in Austin and I don't like the hipster liberals.  I like doing redneck shit.

Also, Jackson.... if you pass through Austin, TX I can probably show you some places to eat and some cool outdoor places to swim.

• Like 1

I’ll agree Austin is a great city.  I’ve just been watching a lot of Owen shoryer lately haha. 

@mortonThat sounds good and reminded me of a 12oz member who moved to Mexico and opened up a hamburger shop. He had a thread about it and he made a HUGE hamburger and posted pics....anybody else remember that?

Meetchu in Juarez

Edited by LUGR

I did a quick search and there are 31 places in America called Jackson. I have made a map, and intend to hit a whole bunch of them.

@Dirty_habiTThanks dude, if I make it to TX then I will certainly be hitting Austin, and will take up your kind offer my guy.

17 hours ago, LUGR said:

remember that?

I remember, he was making burgers that were the same diameter as the plate. He was a occasional tinychat participant also but I do not recall the name.

I think his marriage and restaurant fell apart but I could be wrong.

Hello.

Been sleepin on my own thread.

I have booked 3 nights in Chicago for the 15th-18th JULY.

Recommendations please!

Gonna shoot off after that to the next spot but havent chosen it yet. Thursday til Monday at wherever. Weekend wibes, party town. Ideas?

Thanks!

Will you have transportation there?  I always get a Chicago dog.  Plenty of good Mexican spots around.  Chicago Chinatown.  That's about all I got, I'm always oontzing in Chicago when I'm there.

come to houston you can almost die on the highway but i have some killer weed and bbq

the true american dream

As a former Chicagoan (always Chicagoan at heart), I can help out with this shit.

I'm not gonna get into the pizza place debate. I like Giordano's, sue me. Some like Malnati's. Either way, go to at least one of them.

Mexican - Zacatacos all day. The one I used to go to is on 59th & Pulaski though so that's a bus ride from the Orange Line, or a walk if you feel up to it. There might be other locations, not really sure.

Also pretty much any of the places on 26th in Little Village are good.

Chicago hot dog -- honestly, any place that uses Vienna Beef is gonna be GENERALLY the same. People like their neighborhood spots. Mr. J's on State just north of Chicago is one of my favorites.

Harold's Chicken -- definitely go here. There's a bunch of them.

The Wiener's Circle on Clark -- okay, admittedly this is more of a tourist/college kid thing. But I still stand by the fact that if you go in this place at 2am drunk (or high, whatever), it can be pretty damn funny. They're pretty good at talking shit. Case in point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33zPlnhymCU

Places to party, it definitely depends on what kind of parties you like. Wicker Park is the hipster crowd, or at least it was the last time I was there. Admittedly it has been some time. You can always go to some neighborhood bar for a chill vibe and with a British accent I'm sure you'll find some people who find you interesting. Or some displaced old Polacks who wanna talk about Europe, who knows. Even though the places are vastly different, being in the same place almost halfway across the world makes it seem smaller. At least that is what I have seen when this kinda stuff happens.

Remember though the Blue & Red lines are the only ones that run all night (again, if this has changed in the past few years, correct me), pretty much all the other trains cut off at 1:30 to 3am. Something to keep in mind if you stay out late and are depending on the train to get back.

• Props 1

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now