Grown ass men playing with LEGO

Fist 666

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I'll take more today, but that gives you an idea of what happens at these things. This is a medium sized event as well, but still hundreds of lonely nerds amassed these builds.

Also, I'll reply more later, but nostalgia is absolutely nuts. I recently got an Xmas catalog from sears from like 1994--holy fuck is that a trip to look through. 

20190118_184923.jpg

20190118_185146.jpg

20190118_185100.jpg

20190118_185110.jpg

20190118_185000.jpg

• Props 1

8 hours ago, Mercer said:

1819240376_ScreenShot2019-01-18at10_20_24PM.thumb.png.74a0f492d861541e73b31cca12bebfab.png

This windmill is also insane, modern vertical axis turbine design thrown in for fun.

Ended up at the bars with this builder last night.  this dude is actually just a fucking genius all around. Was refreshing to not be hanging out with high functioning autistic folks that are just mad awkward. 

I never really got into it as a kid but enjoyed putting them together with my child, I took him to two lego conventions at the Seattle center.  The first one was super cool with original inspiring works and good shit for kids and everything, the second one only a year later was a major let down with all this starwars shit and people mainly selling figurines and what not, I do not know how the organizers managed to produce two totally different events in such a short span.

Looks like a good event, thanks for sharing. That military stuff is all custom by the nerds right? If I recall lego did no guns but it sure seemed like they were considering a different direction with the starwars designs.

@One Man BannedThere are a lot of companies putting out custom pieces these days, different colored foliage is a big market for that. And then printing/chroming is another market. But other than minifigure accessories (weapons, helmets, packs, etc) and some (not all, lego does produce a lot)  foliage is say 95%+ is lego produced brick. 

Custom printed minifigures is another huge market. Look up citizen brick, they make cool stuff.

5 minutes ago, morton said:

There were lots of women at the events I went to so I was concerned that my joke about seeing five in one of your pictures would fall flat, but then I noticed that one looks to be a mannequin, which makes the joke fair play I think.

There aren't too many women participants, but probably more than you think... There are a couple in my club and it's pretty funny to watch the basement dwelling nerds try to interact with them.

Attractive women are virtually nonexistent, however, though I'm hoping for a high volume of hot moms today 

7 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Similar question... how much of these are Lego builds vs how many of these are custom painted and such.  I assume people make their own parts out of other Lego, oor do people make some of their own Lego parts?  Maybe that would disqualify it from being Lego?  Thanks for sharing.  Still feel like @Ko SprueOnewould dig.

Brings back fond, nostalgic memories