Weigh In: #Me Too!!! And continuing the conversation on political correctness

misteraven

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
10 hours ago, Kults said:

No idea about Gillette’s inner workings. Anecdotal at best but I work for a ‘progressive’ company, my insurance just went up because we have one dude on the payroll growin tits and taking estrogen on company insurances dime and one bulldike growing facial hair and taking testosterone treatments.. you guessed it; in company insurances dime. I’m sure the company will pay for their surgeries too. I’m left paying for that dementia. Oh and careful not to misgender them, you’ll get written up ???‍♂️

Is it Flo?

image.png.ed7953b1dbcd0bd38dd316fdccca4d6c.png

• LOL! 1

27 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

Is it Flo?

image.png.ed7953b1dbcd0bd38dd316fdccca4d6c.png

LOL Na he calls himself Nobu, dresses like an Anime chr and wears overalls to hide his burgeoning tits, Aladin pants and socks + sandals..in winter.

Flo looks more like the Bulldyke, all thats missing is the hair all shaved on one side lol

I watched that commercial a couple days ago and didn't find anything offensive about it. I think it's because I don't feel as though they are talking about me. I'm not saying you all think they are talking about you.

I also don't really mind when companies take "a stand" about some issue. This isn't so much taking a stand in my eyes though. Obviously it is to sell more razors, but if they promote a positive message (leave others alone, asshole) then fuck it. As others have said, I don't see this as a gamble. I also have no skin in this game as my beard hangs to my chest and my balls stay fuzzy.

The message they are going for is "don't harass others" which I am 100% behind. The only part of this entire video I take issue with is the dude that saw a woman walking up the street and he was going to go up to her. Finding someone sexually attractive and approaching them is not harassing them. Over staying your welcome is. They missed the mark on that one in my eyes.

Also someone complained about them removing a black guy from the commercial, but there are several black guys still in the commercial, so I don't know why you are so butt hurt over it. If anything this commercial says "asians don't exist at all in this conversation" because I'm pretty sure there isn't a single one in the commercial.

I also don't understand that going against instinct is what's causing us to have trannies nonsense. Who gives a fuck if there are trannies?

41 minutes ago, iloveboxcars said:

I watched that commercial a couple days ago and didn't find anything offensive about it. I think it's because I don't feel as though they are talking about me. I'm not saying you all think they are talking about you.

I also don't really mind when companies take "a stand" about some issue. This isn't so much taking a stand in my eyes though. Obviously it is to sell more razors, but if they promote a positive message (leave others alone, asshole) then fuck it. As others have said, I don't see this as a gamble. I also have no skin in this game as my beard hangs to my chest and my balls stay fuzzy.

The message they are going for is "don't harass others" which I am 100% behind. The only part of this entire video I take issue with is the dude that saw a woman walking up the street and he was going to go up to her. Finding someone sexually attractive and approaching them is not harassing them. Over staying your welcome is. They missed the mark on that one in my eyes.

Also someone complained about them removing a black guy from the commercial, but there are several black guys still in the commercial, so I don't know why you are so butt hurt over it. If anything this commercial says "asians don't exist at all in this conversation" because I'm pretty sure there isn't a single one in the commercial.

I also don't understand that going against instinct is what's causing us to have trannies nonsense. Who gives a fuck if there are trannies?

Correct. There are still black guys in the commercial. Did you somehow miss the part that specified they removed the black rapper stereotype acting toxic? I mean, given that the details matter. Or maybe you just missed the underlying message? The commercial didnt say "leave others alone" it said men can be and are overwhelmingly toxic. The line-up of guys saying "boys will be boys" really hammered that home but again, maybe you missed that.

Edited by Kults

I just don't really understand why you're so bent out of shape about this.

(rapper being removed)

There are other black men being "toxic" as well though and I'm also not offended that they took that portion out. Or any other portion. They obviously aren't saying only white males can be toxic because there are literally other race males in the same commercial being toxic.

(line of men repeating "boys will be boys")

I didn't see it as saying "men can be overwhelmingly toxic" I saw it as saying "we've been repeating this boys will be boys phrase for centuries and maybe we shouldn't use this as an excuse for bad behavior or bullying" The number of men would represent how long (and yes, how many) times this has been used as an excuse. How it's been repeated over the centuries.

Of course, all we are doing here is speculating. We don't know the actual reason for the removal of the rapper, and we don't know the actual reason for the line of men repeating a phrase. Artistic choice maybe?

To be honest with you I got more bent out of shape about you thinking I was complaining rather than the actual commercial. Its a thread started by someone else made to discuss this exact commercial, not sure why you think I have such a hard on for this issue in particular? I just think it was a dumb and obvious exercise in pandering to the zeitgeist by throwing anyone without tits under the bus and lumping all men into a single group and labeling that group as bad.

I do see that it plays into the pyramid of victim hood set up by recent PC culture. Rappers, white OR black are about as misogynistic as you can get, however rap itself is much more a part of black culture. Its a sacred cow to the PC police because of that,  its too high up on the pyramid to attack, that's why it was removed. They likely thought it would clash with their target demographic and impede the internet points and pats on the back by the holier than thou self professed 'good people'. Not a big deal, just pretty obvious. They're a company they can do whatever they want or say anything if they think it will make them more money, I'm all for that. I don't have to like the message they're trying to push though.

If it really was about getting people to "be better to each other" we'd be getting the female version staring toxic women. Except we won't.

Being a shitty person isn't exclusive to any one gender.

I was writing a much longer reply but realized I am too tired and this doesn't matter to me, so I condensed it down to this:

I agree that being a shitty person isn't exclusive to one gender, and I apologize for misreading your words. The way some of your sentences flowed made me visualize someone fuming behind a keyboard, but that could be my biases playing their part in my framing an opinion of someone who thinks this is a bigger problem than I do.