Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AEROSOLE1125

I AM STARTING A CREW

My friend had made a gun out of a walkman and gone to town on his left forearm with the Iron Maiden symbol at the wrist and assorted Ozzy related words up to the elbow, I was a little disappointed when as an adult he had it all covered up.

Funny though, I do not think I really knew about Sabbath and those guys until I was like 16, was like a major gap, I remember being found out that I did not know the lyrics to Iron Man and everyone in the room was shocked.

• Like 1

I got into hardcore when I was in middle school

some kid I liked to hang out with kept pressing CD's into my hands that he thought was important for me to listen to

I think black flag is at the top of my list

• Like 3
  • Props 1

Yea, I had some SST records in middle and high school, slip it in and family man from Black Flag, went to see Rollins do spoken word at a local community college.

I always liked 

Hardcore is cool, I do not think I really understood what all was going on with it until later, in hindsight Seattle was kind of a isolated place in some ways. It was kind of hard to figure out what was going on back then, I used to just go to the local punk record store and buy 7"s based on the covers and shit.

Saw Fugazi play at the Bellevue YMCA, and amazingly enough it looks like that show is available on the Dischord website to download if a person were so inclined. 

https://www.dischord.com/fugazi_live_series/bellevue-wa-usa-50993

The price to download the show is more than the ticket if I recall correctly. 

Even now I do not really know if Fugazi would constitute like straight hardcore although of course Minor Threat would. 

Crossover is another genre I had a hard time wrapping my head around, all these branches just end up looking like punk to me.

Maybe with like a pinch of metal or a bit of extra heavy but it always just seems like punk,

• Like 1

This thread took a great turn.  All about Black Flag.  DRI was some good shit, Dealing With It.  Have had ST on the brain as of late, more partial to the 1st as well as How Will I laugh....

Revelation Records put out some good shit

Looked up Revelation Records, I remember Gorilla Biscuits and Sick of It All but now well enough to have favorites or anything. Good to see that the label is still going, Youth Of Today are playing soon, bet they are not so young anymore.

I used to be pretty into Soundtracks as a something to listen to and also as a jumping off point to swim into some genre, looking around on youtube there are lots of them available but they are all cut with clips from the movies which is not something I am into. Here is one that turned me onto DOA, unfortunately it is all one shot so it is like listening to a cassette.

if you guys find the time, try to read "American Hardcore: A Tribal History"

This book showed me everything

81Lyxkyc-dL.jpg

12 hours ago, where said:

but does anyone still have that krink recipe? 

Obviously lol Anyone who pays for that is a sucker. i respect the hustle though

18 minutes ago, glorydays said:

this is a cool crew

I suggest that we call ourselves the Pulled Pork Penises

Im dying

• LOL! 1

On 1/16/2019 at 12:25 AM, glorydays said:

sooooooo....is there a kru or not

Im in. With a name like that its a no brainer

4 hours ago, glorydays said:

if you guys find the time, try to read "American Hardcore: A Tribal History"

This book showed me everything

I will check it out,

Our Band Could Be Your Life: Scene the American Indie Underground 1981-1991 by Michael Azerrad is well worth while, I am not sure how he got everyone to talk to him but he sure did get access to a lot of heads in the writing of it.

510FiRzTwqL.SR160,240_BG243,243,243.jpg

Just now, morton said:

I will check it out,

Our Band Could Be Your Life: Scene the American Indie Underground 1981-1991 by Michael Azerrad is well worth while, I am not sure how he got everyone to talk to him but he sure did get access to a lot of heads in the writing of it.

510FiRzTwqL.SR160,240_BG243,243,243.jpg

that looks pretty good...I might get that off amazon next week

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now