Saudi journalist anducted/chopped up

Kults

Anyone been following this ? I’ve been going down the rabbit hole last few nights. TL:DR some

Saudi journalist based out of Washington went to an embassy in Turkey last week and never came

out.

A 15 man Saudi hit squad was dispatched and flew into and out  of Istanbul same day he vanished. Rumours are he was dismembered in the embassy and

carried off in duffel bags. What do you guys make of it ? I think they got him. Surprised it hasn’t gotten more coverage as the implications of assasinsig someone in an embassy has broad consequences. Then again, ‘Drumpf bad, Russia and Gang rapes’ need the spotlight.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna918886

68CE7F53-BA3A-4BAF-91A6-A6BB1AEF02EE.jpeg

Edited by Kults

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

There was talk in the senate of imposing Magnitsky sanctions on the Saudis over this if they can't account for his where abouts.

Then again, ~2 hrs ago president Trump basically said "fuck that shit, they spend billions on our weapons" so I'm sure this will amount to nothing as per usual.

Edited by metronome

7 minutes ago, metronome said:

There was talk in the senate of imposing Magnitsky sanctions on the Saudis over this if they can't account for his where abouts.

Then again, ~2 hrs ago president Trump basically said "fuck that shit, they spend billions on our weapons" so I'm sure this will amount to nothing as per usual.

Its touchy for sure. This new king was supposed to be a moderate reformer too, so much for that I guess.

He's not the King (yet) he's the crown prince.  He talks a good game and has put forth some modest social reforms but he's being brutally harsh with critics (like this guy).

There is also that whole 9-11 insinuation intimidation tweet they sent our way after we criticized their beating that women's rights advocate.

9 minutes ago, metronome said:

He's not the King (yet) he's the crown prince.  He talks a good game and has put forth some modest social reforms but he's being brutally harsh with critics (like this guy).

There is also that whole 9-11 insinuation intimidation tweet they sent our way after we criticized their beating that women's rights advocate.

Sounds like a great guy... /s

To be perfectly honest I don't give a rat's ass about that part of the world. I'm just in it for the true crime aspect. I like a good mystery.

3 minutes ago, metronome said:

Don't want to hi jack the thread but if that's the case for you, Russia and China must be pretty appealing at the moment too.

They are. Their tradecraft is usually on point though. Much less clues to dig into.

• LOL! 1

5 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I still hate the Saudis since 911, this is just one more reason to keep the hate flames burning.

I wonder if anyone will ever have enough balls to put those fucking inbreds in their place.

Not until the oil fields dry up. Which will happen eventually.

On 10/12/2018 at 9:30 AM, Kults said:

I cant do twitter. Its just a bunch of liberal blue checks spewing talking points.

It's how you use it. Follow the people who are not heavily partisan - follow the experts, basically, and you get a great news feed. I follow it for a lot of publications, AI experts and China experts.

On 10/12/2018 at 1:23 PM, Mercer said:

I still hate the Saudis since 911, this is just one more reason to keep the hate flames burning.

I wonder if anyone will ever have enough balls to put those fucking inbreds in their place.

Advancements in renewable energy tech is your friend.

2 hours ago, metronome said:

Somebody in the office today mentioned that JK was wearing an apple watch that may have recorded audio of this whole episode.

That's what the Turks are putting out there.

Also keep in mind that the Turks are competing with KSA for regional/Sunni predominance.

• Props 1

JamalKahshoggi.png.66ced43d80c2794a881d505947acbb1d.png

Did a little research and this is the Journalist they're referring to. Jamal Kahshoggi. Seems like a very good dude who dedicated a great deal of his life towards bringing progress to an otherwise backwards, totalitarian country. He gained notoriety for his interviews with Osama Bin Laden back when OBL was driving the Russians out of Afghanistan, (which helped contribute to the bankrupting, and eventual fall of the Soviets, ironically a precursor to the United States longest war). After 9-11 went down he denounced OBL and cut all of his journalistic/professional ties with him.

According to wiki: 

Born 13 October 1958 – disappeared October 2018) is (or was) a Saudi journalist,[2] author, and the former general manager and editor-in-chief of Al-Arab News Channel.[3] He also served as editor for Saudi newspaper Al Watan, turning it into a platform for Saudi progressives.[4]

Khashoggi fled Saudi Arabia in September 2017. He said that the Saudi government had banned him from Twitter[5] and later wrote newspaper articles critical of the government. Khashoggi has been sharply critical of Saudi Arabia's crown prince, Mohammad bin Salman, and the country's king, Salman of Saudi Arabia.[2] He also opposed the Saudi Arabian-led intervention in Yemen.[6]

Not to the same degree as the Saudi Government, but I'm also very much against Turkey's current (and very untrustworthy) leadership. During my 10 minute research into this journalist I was unable to find any direct motives for Turkey to murder him, outside of discrediting the Saudis.

Seems far fetched, but any thoughts on possible Turkish involvement/motives?

I only ask because they're very forthcoming with making any/all evidence they have public. Seems worthless without proof, and carries the added cost of exposing their own surveillance/intelligence gathering  methods in regards to the embassy. 

Yeah, that ^^ and the whole Yemeni genocide thing should leave just about everybody with a sour taste in their mouth over this.  

The Canadian gov't has spoken out about the Saudis treatment of women's rights activists.  The Saudi's responded by cutting all economic and social ties and yanking all of their students out of Canada and then sending a not so subtle 9/11 styled threat via twitter.  Then again we have had no problem selling them weapons to achieve all of this in the past, our current gov't included.

Edited by metronome

12 hours ago, metronome said:

Yeah, that ^^ and the whole Yemeni genocide thing should leave just about everybody with a sour taste in their mouth over this.  

The Canadian gov't has spoken out about the Saudis treatment of women's rights activists.  The Saudi's responded by cutting all economic and social ties and yanking all of their students out of Canada and then sending a not so subtle 9/11 styled threat via twitter.  Then again we have had no problem selling them weapons to achieve all of this in the past, our current gov't included.

Our economy also took a 28.8% dip compared to the US' thanks to all his virtue signaling. Glad you're enjoying it, we are not.

11 minutes ago, Hua Guofang said:

Your annual GDP dropped by 28.8%? Are you sure?

Also, it may not be just about the tiff with KSA as it was already slowing quickly 10 months ago - https://business.financialpost.com/news/economy/canada-economy-unexpectedly-shrinks-in-january-on-oil-shutdowns

Na not the GDP, from what I understood its the growth that took that hit. Ill find ya the link when I go on break

6 hours ago, Kults said:

Our economy also took a 28.8% dip compared to the US' thanks to all his virtue signaling. Glad you're enjoying it, we are not.

Dude, that's a political opinion piece, not actual financial reporting.

The economy hasn't taken a 28% dip. The article is referring to the stock market, not the economy. Plus, the article refers to a 3 MONTH period and then annualised. He's not even talking about the Canadian stock market in general, he's talking about it in comparison to the US stock market!!

Sure, it's not good news, not going to argue against that. However, the article makes all these anti-Trudeau claims but doesn't give any actual evidence is. How do we know it's not the Canadian market dipping because the US market is accelerating and taking business from Canadian companies, etc. etc.?

Dude, what you cited is what most people call a puff piece. The author doesn't like his PM for ideological reasons and he's using some pretty loose economic arguments to attack him. I don't have an opinion on Trudeau, I don't really know much about him. However this is not economic reporting and it's not something that you should accept as an objective report on your country's economy.

Edited by Hua Guofang
  • Like 1

Just now, Hua Guofang said:

Dude, that's a political opinion piece, not actual financial reporting.

The economy hasn't taken a 28% dip. The article is referring to the stock market, not the economy. Plus, the article refers to a 3 MONTH period and then annualised. That's basically hypothetical. Sure, it's not good news, not going to argue against that. However, the article makes all these anti-Trudeau claims but doesn't give any actual evidence is. How do we know it's not the Canadian market dipping because the US market is accelerating and taking business from Canadian companies, etc. etc.?

Dude, what you cited is what most people call a puff piece. The author doesn't like his PM for ideological reasons and he's using some pretty loose economic arguments to attack him. I don't have an opinion on Trudeau, I don't really know much about him. However this is not economic reporting and it's not something that you should accept as an objective report on your country's economy.

Could be. I wont argue against that. Either way, its not good news. Now can we apply that logic to humanity's effect on climate change?