Kanye is a genius

Brink

7 hours ago, Kults said:

Like Chappelle and a  few others, they're above all that. No one can "cancel" them, they can pretty much say or do wtv the fuck they want. The weight behind what they've brought to the culture just cant be overruled, no matter how salty they make the twitter mob.

Pretty much sums it up. I just don’t like it. This picky choosey faggetry is infuriating. 

Im bout this life right here, g. 

6602D9E5-475C-405E-BE58-81880A24F033.thumb.jpeg.f112993c5e3f5401c75bf25a345d6749.jpeg

• Props 3

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
8 hours ago, Kults said:

Way to downplay his achievements lol

Yeezy shoes destroyed whatever market share Jordan brand had. For a new brand thats beyond impressive. I dont like his shoes or his clothes but trying to minimize it like you just did isn't really a fair assessment.

Reebok*

I 100% dont understand the appeal of Kanye

I've been around for all his albums (been into hip hop since the 80s/90s) I honestly dont care for them. I wont hate on him because it's all your opinion but his sneakers fuckjng suck. 

Nike sneakers suck, adidas boost shit sucks. Only thing worth a look is the 700 wave runner but even then at their price point. But I'm a sneaker knob

• Props 1

^^Agree.  Btw, I looked up what those shoes I have were selling for today..... people are getting $300 in some cases lol.  Fuckin crazy.  The shoes I have that I wear every day I love much more than these Yeezys I have.  I'd honestly sell them in a heart beat if someone gave me a decent offer.  I think they're ok, but they're not $300 shoes.  I wouldn't even say they're $100 shoes but they'd probably sell in an instant if I listed them for that on ebay.

• Truth 1

2 hours ago, Decyferon said:

I 100% dont understand the appeal of Kanye

I've been around for all his albums (been into hip hop since the 80s/90s) I honestly dont care for them. I wont hate on him because it's all your opinion but his sneakers fuckjng suck. 

Nike sneakers suck, adidas boost shit sucks. Only thing worth a look is the 700 wave runner but even then at their price point. But I'm a sneaker knob

It’s all about the new b’s. Those and the occasional Nike staple. WooooOo, boyyyyyy the 998’s....the 997’s....just copped these the other day. I quit fuckin with the sneaker game years ago. Recently had an awakening that I might’ve fallen off a little too hard. Building up a very basic 5 pair rotation...The new “Sneaker Thread🧐😂”???962A7DE4-0D42-46CD-85C2-32A25C12BF8D.thumb.jpeg.d172cb2ea77e3bbbdb6b49c9f96b0338.jpeg9350DF3F-8BF8-447F-A855-D5FDCA39F794.thumb.jpeg.1061ae1de7042a18858557ac75aa07de.jpeg

Edited by NightmareOnElmStreet
  • Like 3

On 10/11/2018 at 1:50 PM, Brink said:

I hear this phrase tossed around a lot. I personally disagree heavily with it. Titan of Industry? Sure. Genius? No chance.

Was wondering if anyone on here has an opinion of the whole Kanye era we seem to be in.

The people that I've heard say that he's a genius aren't exactly intellectual heavyweights themselves.  It's like the guy that tears down a bag of lays w/ a case of cheap bear on his couch telling you which quarter back is the best of all of ever.  He's just some fuck on a couch, who cares what his idea of sports is.  This is what I relate people saying Kanye is a genius to.

If someone actually, really smart, known for their intelligence said he was a genius, there might be something to that..... but I don't think that's happened and I don't think it will happen.

• 2 months later...

I'd say Kanye has genius, though specifically labeling him as a genius is a bit much, IMO.

Also, there's a lot more to him than the usual comments and gossip you hear online as well. But you can't dismiss how much this dude has accomplished with his life so far, considering he's originally just some poor kid from Chicago. Don't think you rise to his level of commercial / creative / financial success without some real levels of talent, which are probably better described as genius. 

genius | ˈjēnyəs | noun (plural geniuses) 1 exceptional intellectual or creative power or other natural ability: she was a teacher of genius | Gardner had a real genius for tapping wealth. 2 a person who is exceptionally intelligent or creative, either generally or in some particular respect: one of the great musical geniuses of the 20th century. 3 a person regarded as exerting a powerful influence over another for good or evil: he sees Adams as the man's evil genius | this young man is my good genius, my guardian angel.  (plural genii | ˈdʒiːnɪʌɪ | ) (in some mythologies) a guardian spirit associated with a person, place, or institution. 4 the prevalent character or spirit of something such as a nation or age: Boucher's paintings did not suit the austere genius of neoclassicism. adjective informal very clever or ingenious: this book was absolutely genius in parts | a genius marketing ploy.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...