Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brink

Kanye is a genius

I hear this phrase tossed around a lot. I personally disagree heavily with it. Titan of Industry? Sure. Genius? No chance.

Was wondering if anyone on here has an opinion of the whole Kanye era we seem to be in.

• Like 1

I have never understood the hype on this fucking tool. Pop music, pop clothing, pop mindset. 

1 minute ago, Fist 666 said:

I have never understood the hype on this fucking tool. Pop music, pop clothing, pop mindset. 

Was just watching his meeting with Trump... I feel like we are living in a reality TV show

He's managed to spit out a few medicated words that I liked but overall I find him very overhyped.  One of those crazy trains people want to ride just to see crash, like Charlie Sheen maybe.  

As for Trump/Kanye reality TV, a reality TV personality was elected president, and not by his changing his 'TV persona', what did people expect to see?

that meeting was trashy

the only thing trashier would be maury Popovich and jerry springer making out in adult diapers

• LOL! 1

Best rapper, not even close, but as far as a modern day producer/musician there's very few people in his class. Huge risks, and completely switching up styles even after finding a winning formula, almost every album is like breakout. Like most subjective things, you'd probably have to be a fan to get it.

With that said, he's definitely a complete moron/asshole in other areas, but that doesn't mean he's no longer a genius musically. Also, to be honest even though I hate the President personally, for some weird reason I like that Kanye is a Trump fan. It probably took serious testicular fortitude for him come out the closet as a Trumper.

• Truth 2

Personally I enjoyed him sharing his 00000 iPhone unlock code with all of us.

Edited by metronome
  • Like 1

Last week we hated new rap, now we hate Kanye. Grumpy lot lol

The South Park episode where he's trying to explain why he's not a gay fish pretty much sums it up.  Thank you Trey Parker and Matt Stone for all that you do.

I'm not sure what Kanye does that makes people think he's a genius.  I've never heard anyone I've considered to be smart call him a genius.... so there's that.

• LOL! 1

I respect him musically but like alot of mc's and bands I like to listen to, I don't really care for their personel beliefs. I'm pretty sure 99.9 percent of the human race does not give 2 shits about my beliefs.

• Truth 2

Sadly I feel like Kanye has been impressionable among many teenagers these days, which might be skewing our society down a certain path....

• Like 1

Never liked his music, never gave a shit for anything he said.

Far from convincing in my book.

Tila Tequila? Now that's a genius I can get behind!

You'd really have to attend one of his concerts before I feel you can fairly speak to his talent. His music is engineered specifically for arenas (music exec give me some insights on it) and his stage setups and performances are pretty ambitious. He also purposely structures his music in such a way to make it radio unfriendly (beyond language).

Anyhow, I think *genius* is largely subjective, even in the academic sense. I'm sure there's some IQ cutoff that designates one, someones intelligence tips over to being genius, but obviously we're not talking about Kanye's cognitive capacity, meaning its that much more subjective. Regardless, dude has accomplished a lot considering his humble beginnings and I don't think there's its hard to argue that he's made a larger impact, across a wider spectrum of disciplines and industries, than most.

Personally, I love his music. I have seen him in concert and it totally changed my outlook on him. But I can agree his personality can be too much for many and that maybe his music isn't really for everyone either.

I'll be the first to say that I can't stand when celebrities / influencers feel the urge to use their popularity to preach or shove their own POV's on the rest of us as if they're in some sort of privileged position to know what's best, but mostly I just see Kanye saying over and over that he's not going to be told what to think based upon the popular position and that we need to come together and start talking to each other rather than being so decisive. Not sure I can say I disagree with the sentiment.

• Like 1
  • Truth 3

5 hours ago, misteraven said:

and that we need to come together and start talking to each other rather than being so decisive. Not sure I can say I disagree with the sentiment.

I was able to sit down and have a one-n-one with Jim Clapper, the former DNI yesterday and this was his biggest problem/fear about US society today, the inability to compromise and not see the other side of the argument as 'the enemy'. Was an interesting chat.

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

7 minutes ago, Hua Guofang said:

I was able to sit down and have a one-n-one with Jim Clapper, the former DNI yesterday and this was his biggest problem/fear about US society today, the inability to compromise and not see the other side of the argument as 'the enemy'. Was an interesting chat.

That's rich coming from him lol. Isn't his security clearance under review and may be revoked for shilling for the left on CNN?

Political polarization is a tactic used by our government at the moment in order to keep the people from upsetting the current established order. So long as we are at eachother's necks, the rich get richer

• Truth 1

1 minute ago, Kults said:

That's rich coming from him lol. Isn't his security clearance under review and may be revoked for shilling for the left on CNN?

Hahha, holy crap, way to swallow the Trump line whole heartedly, dude! Just because he is not a fan of the current admin does not make him 'left'!

His security clearance has been threatened because he is alarmed about the way the Russians involved themselves in the 2016 election and the way Trump tries to deny what the intel community knows as a fact because he fears it challenges his win in the election. The Intel community has never said once that it impacted the outcome and they argue that there is really no way they could ever measure such a thing anyway.

Clapper (and the intel community in general) is far from loved by the left. and seeing things as so 'left and right' is a major part of the problem in the first place. That shit is just stupid.

1 minute ago, Hua Guofang said:

Hahha, holy crap, way to swallow the Trump line whole heartedly, dude! Just because he is not a fan of the current admin does not make him 'left'!

His security clearance has been threatened because he is alarmed about the way the Russians involved themselves in the 2016 election and the way Trump tries to deny what the intel community knows as a fact because he fears it challenges his win in the election. The Intel community has never said once that it impacted the outcome and they argue that there is really no way they could ever measure such a thing anyway.

Clapper (and the intel community in general) is far from loved by the left. and seeing things as so 'left and right' is a major part of the problem in the first place. That shit is just stupid.

Ya, right back at ya. watch more CNN dude. You're still buying that Russia nonsense? Damn. 

Yeah, I actually don't get CNN. I'm not in the US.

If you've got good evidence that argues against Russia attempting to undermine politics in the US - just as the US does in Russia and other countries, I'm keen to see it.

• Truth 1

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now