Kanye is a genius

Brink

@glorydaysyou mention Kanye getting eaten up by his own fame. I think it goes a little deeper than that. I think this dude has been eaten up by guilt that he was inadvertently responsible, in his own mind,for his mom's death. When money and fame is the end goal and you achieve that, then it kills some one close to you, where do you go from there?  I can see his behaviour as a result of him just trying to make sense of his life. The dude legit probably needs some one to talk to and not people telling him to poke a bunch of holes into a nerf football and strap them to his feet.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • Props 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
8 hours ago, Mercer said:

Everything he does on the visual tip is hideous. I can't believe people buy Yeezeys they look like bobo's fucked moon boots and didn't abort the fetus.

i'll jump on the ledge for this. i don't like his clothes and think they're gonna be forgotten. he did goofy shoes (the moon boots) but some of his yeezys undeniably forced others to evolve and are important. hell, yeezys catalyzed the creation of adidas NMD, their best selling "lifestyle" sneaker ever. 

• Truth 2

2 hours ago, Elena Delle Donne said:

i'll jump on the ledge for this. i don't like his clothes and think they're gonna be forgotten. he did goofy shoes (the moon boots) but some of his yeezys undeniably forced others to evolve and are important. hell, yeezys catalyzed the creation of adidas NMD, their best selling "lifestyle" sneaker ever. 

11AA07FA-095C-474D-8EAF-E0C9735CDBDE.gif

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, fat ralphy said:

@Elena Delle Donne I can concede that the shoe definitely was innovative- I basically dont like them because dude is such a clown. 

The foam sliders may counter any innovation associated with the Yeezy haha

Also here we are all talking about dude - which I think is his primary goal. 

your last point first: absolutely, and i'll shut up about him soon. 

the yeezy slides (the flip flops)... i feel like he's not the first to come up with a foam slip on. but these are almost bauhaus-like in how well the design does exactly what they're supposed to while they elevate the silhouette of the humble slide. they're really good. 

the yeezy foam runners with the holes in them are supposed to be "art," like functional sculpture of sorts. they're ugly and bad and i won't ride for them, but maybe their time hasn't come yet 

Edited by Elena Delle Donne

1 hour ago, Elena Delle Donne said:

your last point first: absolutely, and i'll shut up about him soon. 

the yeezy slides (the flip flops)... i feel like he's not the first to come up with a foam slip on. but these are almost bauhaus-like in how well the design does exactly what they're supposed to while they elevate the silhouette of the humble slide. they're really good. 

the yeezy foam runners with the holes in them are supposed to be "art," like functional sculpture of sorts. they're ugly and bad and i won't ride for them, but maybe their time hasn't come yet 

Send us your thesis draft by the end of the week for peer review. Final draft is due by the end of the month.

• Truth 1

Shia acting a straight donkey I mean I hate the police as much as the next guy but he made an ass of himself on that one. That being said that's what he gets for going to Georgia all these rappers mover there but the place really sucks, lowest minimum wage and really stupid laws. But in other news, a Tucker Carlson original 🤡

16 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

@glorydaysyou mention Kanye getting eaten up by his own fame. I think it goes a little deeper than that. I think this dude has been eaten up by guilt that he was inadvertently responsible, in his own mind,for his mom's death. When money and fame is the end goal and you achieve that, then it kills some one close to you, where do you go from there?  I can see his behaviour as a result of him just trying to make sense of his life. The dude legit probably needs some one to talk to and not people telling him to poke a bunch of holes into a nerf football and strap them to his feet.

for sure his mom passing away had a huge role in his acting out. 

but i do believe its a mixture of that with his refusal to face his own mental illness and the fact that his insecurity of "being the best" is standing in the way of him going through the mourning phase.

People have loved ones pass away everyday. 

But none of them go the way of elvis presley. 

My brother passed away last year, but i didnt implode and shit on my other relationships

there has to be a time when someone needs to move forward and he hasnt even processed that yet? 

Damn, if that's true i feel bad for him, son

• Like 3