Mercer

I like how you posted that yesterday, deleted, and are trying it out again today. Is it working better this time around?

My first screen name was serpent of the light or skydancer 666, can't remember which--i had a half dozen names that i retired at 666 posts..., joined in fall of 2000 as a junior in high school. 

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I think commenting on, and calling out views expressed in the memes posted in this thread is 100% valid. Post's in this entire section of the forum are all up for debate as far as I'm concerned. It would be boring, and suck if this thread, section turned into yet another conservative/liberal echo chamber.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

I was just being cheeky.  None of this changes the color on my tv.  I think the memes are a lot more funny than people getting butt hurt and explaining themselves.  It reminds me of when someone is lying or someone is in trouble, how they start explaining themselves.  I key in on this in casual conversation very well.  As soon as someone is explaining themselves, they're showing weakness IMO.  Of course that doesn't apply all the time.  If someone asks someone for an explanation then that is ok, but if someone just starts offering up their position out of the blue it always makes me wonder.... why the fuck are they doing that?  There's always an underlying reason/ulterior motive to "explaining yourself."

That's just my 2 cents on it.  I like the memes a lot more than I like reading incessant hard stances on political subjects.  To me it's like a break dance battle turning into a fist fight.  Some people just can't control themselves and don't know how to stay in their lane or adhere to "rules of engagement."

• Props 1

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

I think commenting on, and calling out views expressed in the memes posted in this thread is 100% valid. Post's in this entire section of the forum are all up for debate as far as I'm concerned. It would be boring, and suck if this thread, section turned into yet another conservative/liberal echo chamber.

It would also suck (and does) when someone who doesn’t contribute shit just pops in to remind us how miserable he is. 

F6DE5630-ED23-4C46-8F34-C2B03C6A0070.jpeg

On 11/14/2019 at 5:46 PM, Kults said:

Memes in a memes thread.. the HORROR

bAcK in My DaY wE dIsCuSsEd NeWs

It wasn't back in the day. It was within the last six months. Realistically within the last two has there become a tangible difference in here. 

And yes, I am somewhat salty about the situation. Conversation has devolved into bickering and moronicism, and rarely ekes out anything of merit anymore. YOU are a piece of the problem; you have over a dozen other subchannels on this forum to be the shitty meme lord you've worked your whole life to become. Act like an adult in here, please.

• LOL! 1

In the political meme thread. "Act like an adult."  The tangible difference is that you don't have the same three people in here just relentlessly beating each other off anymore because there are some people that won't stand for all the crap some of you guys are spewing. 

if you want to get political then do it but don't act like this is some safe space where you can just tell your "truths" only to an audience that agrees with you 100%. This may come as a shocker but that's not how the world works. 

• Props 1

In Crossfire. Yeah, it's a meme thread in a place for formal conversation. It means DoNt TyPe LiKe this and pretend you have a single thing to offer. 

Who are the same three people beating each other off?  You, Kults, and who's your third wheel, sweetheart? You ask for three sentence responses, but can rarely keep it to a three post response. You're not a savior of anything here--your diatribes can't stay between the lanes and ramble like a fucking trump speech. Your intentional contrarianism to far left Austin is wholly understandable, I couldn't handle Boulder's atmosphere and left for the same reasons. But that doesn't make your hard right stances justified, it makes you excessively reactionary and disconnected from any semblance of moderation. It's like mountain dew for politics, its fine if you're 22, but you're not... 

My "Truths" are science. You rely on it for everything you have in your life, but deny its relevance at every turn. Please counter anything with a journal article or something other than anecdote or gut.

Who asked for a safe space? Please, challenge anything I post--with sources and not just a rant and conspiracy theories, otherwise, likewise, go back to channel zero.

Edit: To clarify, its not what you're saying, its how you're saying it that is derailing this entire channel. Demanding HUA post clear, concise three sentence abstracts while you flood it with incoherent multi post responses is exhausting.

• Trash 1
  • Nega Props 1
  • Props 1