Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mercer

The Political Memes Thread (memes too spicy for Channel Zero)

This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
28 minutes ago, Mercer said:

1871707730_ScreenShot2019-09-12at6_06_45AM.png.b0d3dbaf091f72afa7d4630bb939ee30.png

Damn that hits hard. 

But what about the part part where you also get to print your own money and change the rules whenever you want?

Paying $200 for a single bolt because there are no competitors and the company knows the G will pay whatever they charge. 

$500 for a single roll of anti static tape... 

Goes on and on. 

Born too late to explore the planet. 

Born too early to explore outerspace.

Born just in time to browse dank memes.

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

image.png.3798abf3ea1623de245e4f6591cbf705.png

Or a piece of paper for that matter...

Edited by Mercer

On 9/12/2019 at 4:08 AM, Mercer said:

1871707730_ScreenShot2019-09-12at6_06_45AM.png.b0d3dbaf091f72afa7d4630bb939ee30.png

This kind of meme drives me nuts.  Macro and micro economics aren't the same thing.  

• Truth 2

4 hours ago, metronome said:

This kind of meme drives me nuts.  Macro and micro economics aren't the same thing.  

Most Keynesian like yourself acknowledge this debt ratio is a huge problem.

On 9/14/2019 at 9:00 PM, Mercer said:

Animated with audio now.

That guy is a complete nut-job. A smart, calculating nut-job with the sole purpose of making money, but nut-job nonetheless. 

• Truth 1

He's the WWF of political journalism. We all know the moves are for show, most of us at least. Pretty sure there's a direct correlation between people entertained by him, and "professional wrestling".

Edited by Mercer
  • Truth 1

15 hours ago, Mercer said:

Most Keynesian like yourself acknowledge this debt ratio is a huge problem.

This is true of course but the meme is purposefully obtuse about that.  You would never run a gov't the way you run a household even with a reasonable debt ratio considered.  It just bothers me seeing purposefully obtuse memes shared on socials and then they get blindly accepted as fact and shared wide.

• Truth 1

5 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

@Jokerpretty sure he's playing a character. Like Steve Colbert or Larry the Cableguy. I could be way off though. 

I'm not so sure.  He's a pathological liar.  Check out Jon Ronson's deep dive on him.

7 hours ago, metronome said:

This is true of course but the meme is purposefully obtuse about that.  You would never run a gov't the way you run a household even with a reasonable debt ratio considered.  It just bothers me seeing purposefully obtuse memes shared on socials and then they get blindly accepted as fact and shared wide.

I don't think it's purposely obtuse, in the world of memes less words just = better meme. If it went into detail discussing all the nuances, and differences between personal/public debt. it would be a treatise on economics, not a meme. I don't know why this general rule for making memes isn't obvious to you.

Economics is a very complex subject by nature, and often times tedious to debate because of it's complexity. Memes about it can't be effective and use the normal language you'd read in a fancy book. This meme is excellent IMO. You might be able to express your own general displeasure with it, but you can't pinpoint anything deceptive, because it's not.

• Truth 1