Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

@abrasivesaintNot really, your average liberal never resembles the guy on the left, ready to take up arms and do away with the state system. They're completely content with an overbearing state no matter who's in power, they just want one of their own in power. Not a single liberal is focused on anything but getting another liberal in office this go, no talk of revolt.

Conservatives on the other hand are much more likely to at least pretend they're Libertarian, and want small government. I use the words pretend because Republicans tend to increase the state's overbearing power, and budget just as much as liberals.

I just don't think the word "Conservative" can be replaced with "Liberal" in this meme and still be as fitting. 

• Truth 1

30 minutes ago, Mercer said:

image.png.a43e85877919071002424fbdee77081d.png

First good anti Tulsi meme I've seen. Not sure why Democrats are pushing so hard to keep our troops in another endless war. I may not like Trump, but at least he's trying to get us out of there. I like the virtue signalling conservative meme format.

From what i understand the Kurds have been a major ally for a long time. I’ve heard/read that military personnel are upset with this move because they feel we are betraying the Kurds after they’ve laid their trust in us to back them as we said we would. They held up their end of the bargain and in a classic Trump move he told them to get fucked.

To be completely honest i’m fairly ignorant on this matter though. 

The deal is, if we leave any war zone, the groups we favor in said zone are going to be fucked period. That's not a good excuse to die fighting an endless war. The fact is, the Kurds do not give one single fuck about the U.S. or our troops. They're basically a group of people in that region with no state. Some of their tribe is in Iraq, some in Syria, and some in Turkey. Every country they're in treats them like shit, and Turkey having the majority of them is terrified of Kurds forming a Kurdistan, possibly taking back their territory from Turkey.

With that said, the U.S. invaded Iraq back in the Bush senior days, 1st Iraq/Gulf war. The Kurds were our allies against Saddam, and as soon as we left they got fucked, and Saddam punished them. They should have learned that lesson then, but they didn't, and the same bullshit history repeated itself in Syria. Honestly, it's a shit situation all around and they're never going to gain independence.

"We need to fight an endless war to protect them because they helped us" is just bullshit. So many people suffering all over this world, where would our commitment to being world police end? With a bankrupt U.S. and even more U.S. citizens with their entire lives ahead of them dead, or permanently injured. They don't fight against Iraq, or Syria to help the United States, they're just in a war against those governments that's lasted forever, and us being at war with the same enemy suits their cause so we're allies. I don't think a single American soldiers life is worth fighting their war for them.

No matter what, pulling out is going to have negative consequences, but over all the goal of peace is much more important. If anyone really want's to go join up with the Kurds and fight, that's their prerogative. I just don't want the government to fund it via my taxes, and I damn sure don't want a 19 year old kid who signed up to defend America dying there defending an obscure group of people who would just as soon kill us if it suited them. This is just another case of "Orange Man Bad", we should be GTFO of Syria, and never should have been there to begin with. The entire mess over there is due to our interventionism and staying would only make things worse for everyone long term, including the Kurds.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

Also, unless something’s changed and i missed, pulling troops and funds out of endless wars was a big point of Gabbard’s. If she think we should stay in Syria i imagine she has a reason. 

Her only possible reason is getting Votes. You're forgetting rule number one:

Orange Man Bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

The entire mess over there is due to our interventionism .

I'm sorry, but I gotta say it:  this is about as inaccurate and as silly as any take on history could possibly be.

Maybe start off with the Arab Spring and how that began in Tunisia and spread throughout the region to Syria and note that the US did not kick that off but was caught off guard and could only react (badly) to events. Or, even better, you could look at the preceding tensions to see that the current split in Syria always existed and check out the Hama Massacre that took place in 1982 to see that what has happened now is kind of round 2. Or why not just skip the technicalities altogether and hit the Sykes Picot agreement straight away to see the seeds of the current wars and the fate of the Kurds in the Middle East really go back to colonial times. Then you could hit up the Balfour Declaration and the Treaty of Sevres to see how things were divided up and where the political pressures in Europe acted as drivers of conflict in the Mid East.

Or maybe you'd like to go back to the Ottoman empire and the Roman empire - maybe even check out the Christian Bible, which talks a lot about it - to see how Empires have swept through the region for millennia. Or fuck it, why not just go back to the Assyrians, Babylonians, Hittites and into the dark mists of pre-history to show how all these periods with huge wars in the Mid East that go on for decades existed before Columbus' great great great great grand daddy had even existed. You could think to yourself that this region is one based in deep tribalism, deep religious divide and competition that has been experiencing war and "mess" since the dawn of recorded history. You might even want to stop by and check out how the US was not an early supporter of Israel and indeed only became a supporter some time around the late 1960s when the Czechs stopped shipping them weapons. You might consider that the US is not responsible for the entire mess over there but has simply gotten itself entangled in a mess that has existed since day dot and much of the time, contributed to the mess. 

Or, you could ignore history, recent and ancient and just stick with rule number two:

America bad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

The deal is, if we leave any war zone, the groups we favor in said zone are going to be fucked period. That's not a good excuse to die fighting an endless war. The fact is, the Kurds do not give one single fuck about the U.S. or our troops. They're basically a group of people in that region with no state. Some of their tribe is in Iraq, some in Syria, and some in Turkey. Every country they're in treats them like shit, and Turkey having the majority of them is terrified of Kurds forming a Kurdistan, possibly taking back their territory from Turkey.

because we obviously give a fuck about them. "Taking back THEIR territory" is the important part there. Almost sounding like you sympathize with Turkey and fuck the Kurds. It's like getting mad at Native's for trying to take back their land here. 

They should have learned that lesson then, but they didn't, and the same bullshit history repeated itself in Syria. Honestly, it's a shit situation all around and they're never going to gain independence.

The Americans should have learned their lesson after the Boston Massacre...

If this were the case no nation would ever gain independence. Clearly many Kurds are willing to die trying. 

"We need to fight an endless war to protect them because they helped us" is just bullshit. So many people suffering all over this world, where would our commitment to being world police end? With a bankrupt U.S. and even more U.S. citizens with their entire lives ahead of them dead, or permanently injured. They don't fight against Iraq, or Syria to help the United States, they're just in a war against those governments that's lasted forever, and us being at war with the same enemy suits their cause so we're allies. I don't think a single American soldiers life is worth fighting their war for them.

We're not talking about the rest of the world where we haven't formed alliances with groups dating back to the 2nd World War. We don't need to fight their fight, our presence was clearly enough to keep Turkey at bay. We have soldiers stationed all over the world, a little pop up base to make sure those who aided us doing get fucked isn't too much to ask in the grand scheme. Every single one of those US troops volunteered their service. None of them are there because of a draft. Their choice.

The bankruptcy argument i agree upon. 

No matter what, pulling out is going to have negative consequences, but over all the goal of peace is much more important. If anyone really want's to go join up with the Kurds and fight, that's their prerogative. I just don't want the government to fund it via my taxes, and I damn sure don't want a 19 year old kid who signed up to defend America dying there defending an obscure group of people who would just as soon kill us if it suited them. This is just another case of "Orange Man Bad", we should be GTFO of Syria, and never should have been there to begin with. The entire mess over there is due to our interventionism and staying would only make things worse for everyone long term, including the Kurds.

ISIS was in Syria. That is allegedly why we were there, defeating turrorists, defending 'Murica. The Kurds aided in that conflict and in the end we said "thanks for the help, good luck shit heads." Where is this proof they would just as soon kill us? Pretty bold claim. 

We caused a hell of a mess over there. We should be held accountable and clean up our mess and honor our allegiances. Many would argue pulling out of there would cause the spread of terrorist cells instead of keeping them swatted down. We kicked the hornets nest, we need to deal with the bees.

I wholeheartedly agree our interventionism has brought us into a world of shit across the globe. American leaders made those choices, we must pay the price.

This country is a spoiled rich kid that needs to understand our actions have consequences. 

Edited by abrasivesaint

Neither one of you geniuses have offered any alternative outside of permanent deployment, which is the worst case scenario for the United States since neither Assad, Erdogan, nor the Kurds are a threat to us. You just want to criticize our withdraw because of knee jerk "Orange Man Bad" sentiment, and haven't given this any thought.

uf454ze9aht31.jpg.c84a5ee316d50762760671a12e7b1d80.jpg

• Props 1