Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
4 hours ago, Mercer said:

I have to admit that's the main thing I dislike about Greta. It's the same old tired ass rich hypocrite shit we se here with Hollywood stars that want to broadcast how virtuose they are to the masses. Climate action is nothing more than a trendy consumer good to them. Her lifestyle, regardless of going vegan etc. puts her directly in the top 1% of consumption on the planet, and thus the top 1% of carbon emission. Like some douche with 5 or more cars to choose from in the garage, but shows up in a Prius when he knows he'll be seen.

I don't hate on kids giving a fuck, it's just what's the message behind it is nothing more than a virtue signaling flavor of consumerism. It's fake, not that I don't think she really feels superior to everyone else, but her believing it doesn't make it true. This is a sign pointing down the road towards eventual total government control, higher taxes, and more opportunity for corruption. 

Meanwhile, there are other kids are out here that actually deserve attention. They can't afford a solar yacht with a 4 million euro price tag to get headlines though. You won't see clips of them staring judgementally at world leaders in prime time because it's not a publicity stunt, or theater. I bet half us us have kids, or know freinds kids that care about environmentalism. even better when they're polite, non disrespectful when they address a room full of adults. Perfect example, there's a tweet-meme floating around today on about Autumn Peltier that I didn't make. IMO favorite child environmental activist, probably don't agree with everything because I'm a jaded old fart, but I can actually listen to her, without vomiting and maybe even learn something.

8u5ya1q4hro31-1.jpg.df47df1a44a55912ce9bf7b9e34d1b3c.jpg

When she speaks, she's 100% respectful, has complete control over her own emotional state, and uses some pretty good kid logic which is always awesome to see developing, as opposed to uncontrolled emotions. You can tell she actually wrote this speech herself, I can actually picture her researching stuff for a speech online, or reading a book. Confident none of her tears were spent crying about 1st world problems on a yacht. What I like is that this kid is actually fighting the government directly. She's looking for a specific solution (safe water supply), instead of blindly fighting for higher taxes and more government control. I'm guessing she's wiser than most of you when it comes to putting complete trust in the government. They should be promoting clips of her instead of putting 16 year old cry babies on heavy rotation.

So well put. Really could not have said it better. You described it perfectly.

E: Ya, we treat our first nations citizens pretty abysmally, I'll admit it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

kvg3mb9me3p31.jpeg

Fake news.

Even according to the Trace, a staunch left leaning anti-gun media source, the number for 2018 is 14,263 for all gun deaths, down from 2017 which was 15,658 for all gun deaths. Considering that long guns are a fraction of firearms used and the AR15 is a fraction of the long gun metric, these numbers are far beyond ridiculous. 

Top 10 greatest annual causes of death in the USA.

Sadly, shit like that gets floated around and reposted over and over again by people and just accepted as truth despite being so far from it.

Wake up people.