Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
22 hours ago, Mercer said:

I know for a fact the vast majority of these people don't appreciate our help, because we didn't help them. We invaded them, bombed them indiscriminately, and murdered just as much, or more than the Taliban.

Afghanistan is no different from the rest of the world. Any government (not simply a "democratic" government) must have the support of the majority of it's subjects. This support need not be active enthusiasm for the Taliban; it may well be passive resignation as if to an inevitable force of nature. Much like the majority of people here who hate Tyranny but don't do anything to free themselves.

The desires you express through speech, art, poetry, etc. are totally irrelevant. Simply expressing, or feeling a desire for freedom no matter how deep these feelings flow through you isn't sufficient. Your actions are what decide your freedom. Like me, I didn't like being broke anymore, so I saved up and invested hardbody. If I should make it, I deserve it.

Some people in Afghanistan claim they don't want to be ruled by the Taliban, but their actions, or lack thereof express a clear indifference. You might even feel the same way yourself if given a choice between a brutal foreign regime that drones weddings, or these illiterate goat fucking religious zealots. Most of the time the only people worth actually helping, are those willing to help themselves.

That’s what i’m saying though, it may not be the majority, but there were plenty of people trying to help themselves, that we just said “well, good luck” to. Clearly the few hundred people at the airport were trying to get the fuck out.  

I don’t believe that we are capable of protecting our own, the Brits, ect, and cant figure out how to get a few more people out of there.

I can’t imagine the soldiers who fought side by side with some of these people are thrilled to hear that they have since been, or will be, rounded up and executed by the Taliban. I know i wouldn’t be. I’d be fucking furious right now.