Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
1 hour ago, abrasivesaint said:

I would have to imagine all the people living there who don’t want to live under Taliban rule. 

Do you imagine them not having the balls, or desire to fight for freedom for themselves, even after being equipped by a superpower, so some 19 year old from Kansas, or the Bronx loses a limb or life earning it for their ungrateful asses. Quite frankly fuck em.

If you don't have my back, I don't have yours. If you don't even have your own back, I'd rather be aligned with your enemies. Not saying there aren't many very cool people over there despite their circumstances, but 20 years of trying to hold down a monopoly on violence there was not only wrong, it was a total waste and we all know this.

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Do you imagine them not having the balls, or desire to fight for freedom for themselves, even after being equipped by a superpower, so some 19 year old from Kansas, or the Bronx loses a limb or life earning it for their ungrateful asses. Quite frankly fuck em.

If you don't have my back, I don't have yours. If you don't even have your own back, I'd rather be aligned with your enemies. Not saying there aren't many very cool people over there despite their circumstances, but 20 years of trying to hold down a monopoly on violence there was not only wrong, it was a total waste and we all know this.

For the first few years, sure, i’ll agree people probably didn’t understand what they were getting into. After that, every single person who enlisted knew what they were risking. This is the same argument pro-police proponents use when they’re complaining about how hard and risky a cop’s job is. 

How do you know that these people are ungrateful? Maybe those in power are, sure. It seems many civilians were happily accepting and adapting a more Western way of life. Many soldiers fought side by side with Westerners, sacrificing the same life and limb, and as we’re seeing now, also sacrificing the well being of their families. According to the Pentagon, about 2500 American soldiers have died in Afghanistan in 20 years. At least 66,000 Afghan police and military have died, 47,000 civilians.. i think they’re holding up their end.  

The civilians are not at fault for the cowardice of their “leaders”, nor for the ideas that our government sold them while their private interests profited off of them. The same ideas that many Americans buy into, to this very second, no matter how many times it’s proven that these ideas are propped up by corruption, self interest, and personal profit, at the cost of the lowly believers. 

Would you be willing and capable to bring the fight to an invading force if your local police and military tucked tail and ran? Or would you be doing what is in your “sphere of control” and try to get your family the fuck out of harms way? I think all of us would do the latter, at least initially. 

Yet again the American government and military invaded a foreign land, kicked over the hornets nests, and got tired of swatting away the bees, so it bailed in the middle of the night, leaving their allies to die. I’m tired of the lack of accountability. I’m tired of our government gladly accepting all the help and cannon fodder the world has to offer, then throwing out a “good game and good luck, sport!” as they skate away in the night. 

I agree, we shouldn’t have started this fucking disaster, but we did, and if i’m to be held accountable for my actions in a society, so should or government and our military. If 1 soldier decides a war is lost and bails, he’s charged with desertion, which is potentially punishable by death, and is looked at as a coward. When our government and military as a whole does it, it’s just the strategic cutting of loses. It’s bullshit. 

edit: listen i get it, and i know i can be an idealist and can have a bleeding heart, but i’m fucking disgusted by the way this was handled. It was cowardly, and it’s disgraceful. 

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Truth 1

7 hours ago, abrasivesaint said:

For the first few years, sure, i’ll agree people probably didn’t understand what they were getting into. After that, every single person who enlisted knew what they were risking. This is the same argument pro-police proponents use when they’re complaining about how hard and risky a cop’s job is. 

How do you know that these people are ungrateful? Maybe those in power are, sure. It seems many civilians were happily accepting and adapting a more Western way of life. Many soldiers fought side by side with Westerners, sacrificing the same life and limb, and as we’re seeing now, also sacrificing the well being of their families. According to the Pentagon, about 2500 American soldiers have died in Afghanistan in 20 years. At least 66,000 Afghan police and military have died, 47,000 civilians.. i think they’re holding up their end.  

The civilians are not at fault for the cowardice of their “leaders”, nor for the ideas that our government sold them while their private interests profited off of them. The same ideas that many Americans buy into, to this very second, no matter how many times it’s proven that these ideas are propped up by corruption, self interest, and personal profit, at the cost of the lowly believers. 

Would you be willing and capable to bring the fight to an invading force if your local police and military tucked tail and ran? Or would you be doing what is in your “sphere of control” and try to get your family the fuck out of harms way? I think all of us would do the latter, at least initially. 

Yet again the American government and military invaded a foreign land, kicked over the hornets nests, and got tired of swatting away the bees, so it bailed in the middle of the night, leaving their allies to die. I’m tired of the lack of accountability. I’m tired of our government gladly accepting all the help and cannon fodder the world has to offer, then throwing out a “good game and good luck, sport!” as they skate away in the night. 

I agree, we shouldn’t have started this fucking disaster, but we did, and if i’m to be held accountable for my actions in a society, so should or government and our military. If 1 soldier decides a war is lost and bails, he’s charged with desertion, which is potentially punishable by death, and is looked at as a coward. When our government and military as a whole does it, it’s just the strategic cutting of loses. It’s bullshit. 

edit: listen i get it, and i know i can be an idealist and can have a bleeding heart, but i’m fucking disgusted by the way this was handled. It was cowardly, and it’s disgraceful. 

I know for a fact the vast majority of these people don't appreciate our help, because we didn't help them. We invaded them, bombed them indiscriminately, and murdered just as much, or more than the Taliban.

Afghanistan is no different from the rest of the world. Any government (not simply a "democratic" government) must have the support of the majority of it's subjects. This support need not be active enthusiasm for the Taliban; it may well be passive resignation as if to an inevitable force of nature. Much like the majority of people here who hate Tyranny but don't do anything to free themselves.

The desires you express through speech, art, poetry, etc. are totally irrelevant. Simply expressing, or feeling a desire for freedom no matter how deep these feelings flow through you isn't sufficient. Your actions are what decide your freedom. Like me, I didn't like being broke anymore, so I saved up and invested hardbody. If I should make it, I deserve it.

Some people in Afghanistan claim they don't want to be ruled by the Taliban, but their actions, or lack thereof express a clear indifference. You might even feel the same way yourself if given a choice between a brutal foreign regime that drones weddings, or these illiterate goat fucking religious zealots. Most of the time the only people worth actually helping, are those willing to help themselves.