Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
1 hour ago, Dark_Knight said:

CA882FBC-02A7-4F99-ACD4-67F38F89010C.jpeg

Arguing with people about this on twitter now.

Free Speech:

Freedom of speech means you're free from being coerced (threatened with use of force) into not sharing ideas, no matter how repulsive. Free speech doesn't mean other people, and businesses have an obligation to repeat, or re-broadcast your speech.

Property Rights:

People's property rights, AKA the right to self censor what they'll repeat on a network they own doesn't invalidate the moment you find their expression of property rights triggering.

Some argue that Twitter gets tax breaks, Facebook get's some government perk, just like other businesses or individuals that get their stolen/AKA tax money returned to them, or benefit from the government in some way. That doesn't mean you get to sensor what these people, organizations say, or do with their own property unless they can in turn sensor your rights next time you cash a refund, or stimulus check.

Monopoly:

The argument COMPETING firms like Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, MySpace, or even 12oz for that matter are Monopolies? Therefor they can't be in charge of what's on the platform they've built is ludicrous. 

Edited by Mercer
Removed a ghost attachment
  • Truth 1

29 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

image.png.ffacfa2ea5ae2f2ef25d207b3515b7a6.png

Both of these were unjustifiable homicides IMO. I understand some people expect deadly force if you resist a little, or storm the capitol but neither of these were justifiable from the "it was in self defense" perspective.

She was unarmed and just trespassing, maybe even B&E to be fair, but no immediate threat to anyone's life, or safety. She had 3 armed officers right behind her which is kind of double fucked up, just from a friendly fire perspective.

Aside from that shit, surprisingly, it was almost commendable the restraint the authorities showed. If it wasn't for the asshole that thought themselves "This will probably be my only chance to score a clean kill" and took a shot at an unarmed female. Either that, or they're extra bitchmade and were legit "In fear of my life" which is extremely doubtful considering where they were allowed to carry and the training, experience that implies. Hopefully the shooter's name is known at least for the record, no hope personally that they'll be punished.

29 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Both of these were unjustifiable homicides IMO. I understand some people expect deadly force if you resist a little, or storm the capitol but neither of these were justifiable from the "it was in self defense" perspective.

She was unarmed and just trespassing, maybe even B&E to be fair, but no immediate threat to anyone's life, or safety. She had 3 armed officers right behind her which is kind of double fucked up, just from a friendly fire perspective.

Aside from that shit, surprisingly, it was almost commendable the restraint the authorities showed. If it wasn't for the asshole that thought themselves "This will probably be my only chance to score a clean kill" and took a shot at an unarmed female. Either that, or they're extra bitchmade and were legit "In fear of my life" which is extremely doubtful considering where they were allowed to carry and the training, experience that implies. Hopefully the shooter's name is known at least for the record, no hope personally that they'll be punished.

Agreed. Memes humor mostly comes from the hypocritical nature of the right through all of this. This shooting will be 100% justified due to where it happened and the whole “fear for my life” thing you suggested. 

But RADICALISM IS BAD ON BOTH SIDES