Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
19 hours ago, Kults said:

True but to be fair there was next to no infrastructure or social services.

LOL, come on dude... Surely you're joking. 

2 pennies out for every dollar collected goes to transportation, which covers infrastructure. As far as social services, perhaps we keep our money and learn to take care of ourselves rather than allow a middle man with the absolute worst track record for efficiency and tangible success continue to redistribute it on our behalf.

As if its even sustainable and not truly the cash grab before the ship sinks that we all know it is. (whether one admits it or not)

https://www.nationalpriorities.org/budget-basics/federal-budget-101/spending/

1889003025_total_spending_pie__2015_enacted.png.731513518e93dfa053c4c35c35db74c4.png

Get what you’re saying. I just personally think a large swathe of people are simply too dumb or too used to having things done for them that this would work 

E: In theory I’d love smaller government. That chunk that goes to welfare is depressing to look at.

Think about the analogy...

Kid moves out of the house... Parents cover rent and bills to help out.

versus

Kid moves out of the house... Has to sort things out on his own.

------

Between those two... Which would you suspect has the better ability to budget and plan financially. Which do you think is more motivated to cultivate opportunity and chase it? Which will be quicker to learn the skills that will most likely lead to financial success?

Which do you think will drag out the process of depending on help?

• Like 1

Also, I know people that are so dumb that a loss of a few more brain cells might compromise their ability to form complete sentences. Ironically most are very stable financially. My theory is that they're actually more focused on the important stuff because they're too dumb to continuously get distracted by creative ideas and ambition.

1 hour ago, misteraven said:

Also, I know people that are so dumb that a loss of a few more brain cells might compromise their ability to form complete sentences. Ironically most are very stable financially. My theory is that they're actually more focused on the important stuff because they're too dumb to continuously get distracted by creative ideas and ambition.

I like that theory

I'd end all taxation cold turkey in a fucking heartbeat. Massive fallout for sure, but it would correct our steering as a country faster than any other bullshit solution a politician ever came up with.

That's not to say I don't enjoy & benefit from some of the things the government spends my stolen/extorted funds on. For these necessities that i'd rather not give up, I'd gladly pay a private institution to keep supplying me like toll roads, private security, an insurance company with it's own fire brigades etc.

For the other stuff I don't like paying for like corporate welfare, paychecks for congressmenz & wimminz etc. they'll have to do a better job at convincing me it's a good investment on my part if they want to get any funding.

Imagine, every person, every business instantly becoming 30-40% more profitable, with about 10% or less costs to cover what the gubernmint used to do a shit job of. Instead of our economy bleeding money wasted on frivolous bullshit, individuals will be empowered to vote with their dollar to pay for whatever they actually need/want, not what someone else decided to dictate they "need".

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

I'd end all taxation cold turkey in a fucking heartbeat. Massive fallout for sure, but it would correct our steering as a country faster than any other bullshit solution a politician ever came up with.

That's not to say I don't enjoy & benefit from some of the things the government spends my stolen/extorted funds on. For these necessities that i'd rather not give up, I'd gladly pay a private institution to keep supplying me like toll roads, private security, an insurance company with it's own fire brigades etc.

For the other stuff I don't like paying for like corporate welfare, paychecks for congressmenz & wimminz etc. they'll have to do a better job at convincing me it's a good investment on my part if they want to get any funding.

Imagine, every person, every business instantly becoming 30-40% more profitable, with about 10% or less costs to cover what the gubernmint used to do a shit job of. Instead of our economy bleeding money wasted on frivolous bullshit, individuals will be empowered to vote with their dollar to pay for whatever they actually need/want, not what someone else decided to dictate they "need".

This right here.

29 minutes ago, Mercer said:

image.png.33117c7f22a227e991ea56f39d6a8583.png

Actually, you hear the latest on this? Tarriffs imposed on Mexican imports of 5% the first month and an additional 5% every month after until it hits 25% if Mexico doesnt step up stem the flow... Should be interesting to watch.

Not my monkeys, so not my circus, but will nuke up a bag of popcorn and watch the entertainment.

• Truth 1

The citizens of the country imposing any import tax, or tariffs are exactly the ones that pay the tax. Either by paying the import tax directly themselves, or by paying the subsequent higher prices down the line. Technically, if the tariffs could raise enough cash to pay for a wall,, not a single dime would come from the pocket of a Mexican.

Aside from who pays the taxes, the loss in trade negatively effect the importing country. To be more accurate, it effects all parties involved negatively. In most cases, the country imposing the tariffs on imports is hurt more.

Think of the guy who decides that even though the quality is nice, and prices are lower, he doesn't like his local grocer for whatever reason. If he decides to drive further, and/or pay higher prices for groceries he would have otherwise preferred to buy locally, who is most impacted by his vengeful actions? A bit oversimplified but it illustrates the point.

I could take out "Wall" and replace it with "Trade War" and the meme would be even more fitting.