Cyberpunk 2077

Kults

On 12/7/2020 at 4:14 PM, Kults said:

Getting No Mans Sky vibes now. They way over promised and under delivered. It will likely get patched into a great game over time but as it stands its a bit of a train wreck

Honestly I feel like this is the case for most developers nowadays.. anthem, fallout 76, no man's sky and I'm sure there's others.. it's like they rush to meet demand cause some gamers can't shut the fuck up and just WAIT so we get a half assed product that we gotta deal with till updates make it playable again and at least what we were initially expecting.. seems to be happening alot but with the new consoles out now who knows going in the future..

Gotta get through the fuckin scalpers first..

• Truth 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
4 hours ago, metronome said:

rsj8pfommi461.png?width=765&auto=webp&s=00d3443cd6794a2480b0206b26b260799039d714

there’s definitely some of this.

it’s also the fact that it’s a gap year. if they delayed it another year the current gen user base would have dwindled and not everyone would be on the next gen yet, sales would have surely suffered, a lot. rock and a hard place I don’t  envy their decision. 

shoulda gone the gta v route. release in full and focus on current gen THEN release the next gen version a year later with improvements, everyone would have bought it twice, like gta v

instead they developed it for high end pcs and just ported it all. this what we get 

• Props 1

All I've got to say about that, and I determined it a LONG time ago (in the CS1.6 days + before) that..... "fuck gamers".  They're like the bitchiest fucks, seriously.  Not all of them.  Some of them are really great..... but I say the meme metronome posted perfectly conveys how "gamers are".  They've got the Cartman "mom give me cheesy poofs now" attitude and don't even realize it.

I work w/ software, I'd really not like to work for a gaming company w/ that kind of pressure.  You know that them bitching just makes the higher ups tell the managers to work the devs harder to fix more things faster for the same pay.  Gaming studios are sweat shops I've heard.  You can read stories about it.  I've had the "crunch time 24/7/365" software support job before too..... and it suckedddddd.  Didn't pay enough and was balls to the wall constantly.

If any of these people complaining had even an inkling of the first clue about what it takes to develop music, 3d graphics, 2d graphics for that matter, menu UI's, control schemes, etc, etc, etfuckincetera.  This subject really makes me salty in general and I can talk on the soap box about it probably all day given my experience in the gaming industry.

I believe I grew up in "the sweet spot" of video gaming.  It was after all the shitty 2d games like coleco/atari/amiga/etc had run their course.  My first games were the games that created empires.  Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Street Fighter, etc.  Nothing being made today is "legendary" like CounterStrike was in it's hay day.

This "battle royale" bs everyone loves so much is hot trash IMO.  I know people like it and will cringe at me saying it, but I think the focus has become a "game type" rather than " a game".  I want people to make "a game" again.  Battle Royale is a mod that could be done to ANY FPS game.  Period, the end.... and you're seeing that now.

So why focus so much dev time/code at this very adolescent market?  I get it, it makes money, but there are adults w/ jobs that can buy games and people aren't making games that are satisfying anymore.

Ok, I'm going to stop ranting about this for now.  🙂

• Truth 2

Sorry I didn't finish what I was saying about growing up in the sweet spot of gaming.  Now we have games w/ micro transactions, "beta level of effort in production releases" that comes with a "we'll fix it as we go" kind of a development model (fuck that).  We charge people for "skins" for their guns.  People create gambling markets as a result and monetize the game in ways the developers never intended.

It's just a cesspool crock if you ask me.  Maybe one day I can own a software company that makes games and we'll "do it right" and hopefully make some shit that appeals to the masses and doesn't piss people that think like me off. 

48 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

It's just a cesspool crock if you ask me.  Maybe one day I can own a software company that makes games and we'll "do it right" and hopefully make some shit that appeals to the masses and doesn't piss people that think like me off. 

I think that’s part of the problem here. This is what CDPR was supposed to be. They got caught up on their own hubris this time. It’s par for the course for the big guys like EA, no one would have been surprised by a launch like this from them. The fact that it’s CDPR pulling this shit is what caught everyone by surprise 

• Truth 1

18 hours ago, Kults said:

I think that’s part of the problem here. This is what CDPR was supposed to be. They got caught up on their own hubris this time. It’s par for the course for the big guys like EA, no one would have been surprised by a launch like this from them. The fact that it’s CDPR pulling this shit is what caught everyone by surprise 

This. I’d say for the most part RPGs are the only genre of gaming that is still pure in quality. That’s my world of gaming, and it’s never been better. 

Fallout and Cyberpunk are creating a pattern to destroy the sanctity completely for this next gen. Jrpgs will always stay true to gamers at least... it’s going to take a lot for me to be convinced to buy this next gen... at any point. Ps4s library is vast. 

@Dirty_habiTDive into the RPG world. It’s the only genre that still has hope.

• Like 2

^^ I mean, I'm def going to check this game out.  My first RPG games were Final Fantasy 3, Secret Of Mana, and Chrono Trigger.  OctoPath Traveler on Switch really brings back a lot of nostalgic feelings those games provided along with modern audio/visual enhancements that weren't possible previously on SNES.  I'm referring to things like the number of sprites on screen, the number of textures available at once, etc.

I don't think it's really possible to have "an RPG" anymore.  With modern systems being fast and able to store a lot of data, games almost have to be action games.  Otherwise it feels like you're playing something you could play on your cell phone, or like an Adobe Flash video game from the early 2000s.  There's a lot of cheap lazy shit going on in the game dev scene.  I've seen big studios "sell out" to remaking old games on cell phones just to sell some more copies.  I understand the reasoning and if it works to make money then that's ok too, it doesn't require my approval.  I just don't like watching it happen.

I wish some of the old devs that made some of the games I love were maybe helping to direct the vision of the newer/younger devs.  This is the kind of industry that has HIGH churn on employees.  It's college grads and interns in/out the door constantly at a lot of the big gaming houses.  I may be making all of this up in my mind but I'm piecing this together from various stories I've read in tech news over the years and my personal experience working for startup companies that "move fast".

My feelings on video games make me feel like i'm fucking 80 years old and crusty telling kids to get off my lawn and that carburetors are the best thing you can fuel a motor with.

• Like 1

alright guys.. ive really tried to give it a chance.. ive been playing every day since it FINALLY downloaded.. and i gotta say im gonna opt for a refund.. a part of me doesnt want to and kind of wants to wait for updates, but these glitches are getting ridiculous now.. the driving has tons of latency on steering, motorcycle driving is really fucking weird and rigid, the graphics that take at least 20 seconds to load to even resemble an actual object, objects you can pick up are so ridiculously hard to grab without grabbing whats next to it its like theyre overlapping eachother, you float your cursor over an object and it doesnt highlight unless you look like 3 feet away from it only to THEN to highlight it and be able to pick it up, the fact that i cant even change the radio station and if i DO manage to the radio shuts off for a good literal minute only to go to the next station FINALLY, running around only to unknowingly be standing amongst a bunch of bad dudes and for the ai to finally register 40 seconds after standing there that they should start shooting, my gun dissapearing and im using my fucking hand as a gun shooting enemies, streets being empty only to have a random BLOCK appear out of nowhere that magically runs you over, like man the list can go on and on... 

i still call bullshit with this whole "last gen" shit everyone keeps throwing out there and how slick they thought they were to NOT give reviewers base gen console copies for review... it legit doesnt make sense to me especially considering shits been in the making for fuckin years now.. in my opinion, i could be wrong though, im guessing it was some higher up suit wearing douchebag who was pushing them to make it a next gen release situation to kind of stand out, ie halo, gears of war etc., and completely disregarded the rest of the community just to try and cash in quickly without having to push it back again and have all these "gamers" upset for another 3 months.. AGAIN... when in reality, if they wouldve just stuck with the "hey lets make this shit look and perform amazing on base consoles and even better on pro models, then once these next gen consoles are finally available without going through scalpers we can make a remastered version and cash in a SECOND time" im sure everyone would be happy.. look at fuckin Avengers.. mother fuckers threw in a bunch of random "deleted scenes" and re released the SAME movie just to try and outsell avatar and those deleted scenes didnt even add anything to the story they were just.. there... BUT, people ate that shit up though still.. plus the rona is still out and about and people are out of jobs still its just the reality right now.. nobody has money to build a whole fuckin pc with a rtx3090 and derpyderpyderp or spend 1200 on a ps5 from some fuckin douchebag 16 year old off facebook since is so fuckin hard to get them in stores..

honestly though im really standing in the middle ground of all of this cause it seems among all these nerd gamers out there that its either you love it or hate it.. i can see what this game was intended to be and i do like it.. at first i was just playing to play then got into the ol rpg/fallout mindset, kill everyone and raid everything.. and i like roaming the city and finding new side missions to get money and upgrades it pulls me in more.. but honestly theres just TOO many fucking bugs to even enjoy it and it pushes me away from even wanting to.. its like i was forcing myself to play a game i didnt like, but i do like it, but then the bugs and everything is so bad it makes me NOT like it.. not what i wanted to spend my money on..

i fuckin KNEW i should've just bought cold war instead..... 🤦‍♂️

• Props 1

5 hours ago, Tails0nE said:

i fuckin KNEW i should've just bought cold war instead..... 🤦‍♂️

you still can 😉

the campaign was great. semi open world, at least a non linear sequence to the missions and optional side missions. multiple endings. I finished it on Hard but i still have a bunch to do if i want to do it all. 

2020, where a cod campaign is

more of an rpg and has more replay value than a CDPR game 

• Like 1

@Kults i was debating between cod and cyberdump and figured fuck it i wanna see what the hype is about plus to get the most bang for my buck so to speak.. at least with cod the multiplayer will keep me busy for a while and not just doing battle royal in warzone.. search and destroy was my jam back in the black ops days i kinda miss it thats why i was thinking about downloading it, then curiosity got the best of me with cyberchump.. trying to hold back from spending a bit thats why i only went with one instead of both..

also an UPDATE for my refund.. the PS store wont give you a refund if you've already downloaded said game, unless the game is considered "FAULTY"... which it is.. BUT, since CDPR said they were gonna release some patches in January and February, it'll be fixed "soon enough" and therefore not necessarily considered "FAULTY" since its eventually gonna be fixed.. so if i want an actual refund i have to go out of my way and email these dudes at CDPR and see what happens.. not gonna go through all that for 60 bucks although im pretty pissed about it... *sigh* 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

I’d say def go for it with Cold War, especially if you loved blk ops 1. It’s a direct sequel that ignores blk ops 2-3-4. Either now or later but it’s always nice to get in while the game is fresh. The game is really good, I think it’s my favorite cod from this era ( blk ops 3 to MW2019) 

Thats such bullshit for the refund. The whole thing is really lame. I do think they’ll patch it into a good game eventually so if you have to keep it at least there’s that. 

• Like 1