THE GRAFFITI MAGAZINES TOPIC.

Start this new topic to talk about graffiti magazines, collecting mags was very popular in the 90's, remember those good times before the internet came and kill the graffiti magazines!

i remember the frst time i was involved with graff mags, a guy in my highschool give me a mag called "Intox"(french mag...i'm french) , it was a mag on street culture with lots of graffiti pics, in that mag there an ads about another french mag called "xplicit grafx" , i start subscribing to this mag, it was the really beginning of my collection! Some weeks later, i was visiting London and i buy a hip hop mag called "hip hop connection", at the end of this mag there were an ad section, no one were talking about trading mags or pics but i send them my request anyway.May be 2 or 3 months later i receive a letter from a guy in Holland who was ok to trade with me and it was the start of something i can not controlled, letters start to come from all over the world, Usa,Germany,Australia,UK, Spain,switzerland,South Africa etc...every weeks i was receiving big envelopes full of pics,mags,sketches...i stop collecting them 15 years ago but since 3 years i start again to search  good graff mags, especially those from the 80/90's.It reminds me the good ol'days. Now i got about 600 mags and more than 100 books, and i'm always down to trade, sell or buy some good mags!!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Don’t really know anything about graffiti mags. 

*Kidding... Yeah man, I probably have 500 - 1000 mags myself. Lots of books too, including the book credited for introducing graffiti to Holland. Can’t recall the name, but was put out for an art show featuring a bunch of old NYC writers. 

• LOL! 1

^^^

would love to see some of those T.I.G.H.T mags.

I have two of them but I have the same two issues that everybody in Australia that has some has. (They were sold at central station records)

On 8/25/2018 at 9:45 PM, graffiti_mag_collector said:

Start this new topic to talk about graffiti magazines, collecting mags was very popular in the 90's, remember those good times before the internet came and kill the graffiti magazines!

i buy a hip hop mag called "hip hop connection", at the end of this mag there were an ad section, no one were talking about trading mags or pics but i send them my request anyway 

HIP HOP Connection was Unreal mag - that's how I made my connections. Some of them I am still friends with 26 years later.

here's my pile of graff mags after trying to catalogue them all one night.

Had big plans to sell on some doubles but was too tired after laying them all out by letter. Plus then I found the pile on the top right and they need to go in!

IMG_4021.thumb.JPG.d66a374c5ccdcdb3dbdebba290326bbf.JPG

Would love to get my hands on a lot of old zines especially the UK Fanizines form early 90's - there were so many!

• 2 weeks later...