Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What you write with?

These are some of the pens I have in my rotation or have just bought. Trying to see if I like them or not. Some pens I like for different purposes. Some for neat work related stuff. Some for taking notes. Some for bold signatures. 

Zebra F-301 1.6 mm Bold

My favorite boldest ballpoint pen. I love the pen itself. Heavy duty metal body that feels good in the hand. Great for leaving big bold signatures and doodling or notes.  This one I’m using is kinda old and running dry so not the best example. Only problem I have is they don’t make a blue with the 1.6 mm Also the bold is getting harder to find. Usually only at Staples now. 

Foray Advanced Ink Boldpoint 1.2mm. 

This is my second favorite ballpoint that I’ve tried. Flows really smoothly. One problem is the ink collects on the pen and the first time you use it, it might leave a spot on the paper. I also wish the body was  more like the Zebra. This body seems cheap and flimsy. 

Third one is the same just different color.

Moma Muji Aluminum .7mm

A bit too thin for my liking. But I read a review that this was his favorite writing utensil. So I gave it a shot. The aluminum body is super light. The pen itself writes very smooth. No skips. One odd thing is the pen itself that comes out of the body seems really small and flimsy. 

Zebra Z Grip Medium. 

I just took this one from work. It’s okay. Nothing spectacular. This would be a pen i let someone borrow and not care too much if they snag it. 

The Ohto Fude ballpoint. 

This one is a very watery gel pen. Obviously very bold. Writes nicely. Dries very quickly. Though not a big fan of gel pens. Would work well on porous papers. 

Sharpie Pen Fine. 

This is my go to pen for work. I can write very small and legibly with it. I work outdoors and the sun fades regular ballpoints in a couple days. This stays legible forever. The body is thin and simple and the pen itself is easy to write with and doesn’t bleed through. My favorite most often used pen. 

*Also /nh throughout. 

883FFDF6-C2C4-47D7-8866-D9EEF3B3A212.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Props 1

I've been using the zebra f301 one; it's cheap looks nice and is pretty tiny. Feels nice to write with. Downside ink runs dry far to fast. Like it's very noticeable in comparison to other ones.

Yes, I love me some good pens. Will share when I get home.

on that note I have a new coworker, the first interaction with him I immediately got the feeling he was/is a cop. The way he carried himself, later he told me he used

to be a Sherrif out in SF.

anyways he stole my good pen. I fucking hate cops.

• Truth 1

I use pencils for the most part, about ten years ago they stopped making quality mechanical pencils. I am not sure how but it seems like all brands have a hard time with advancing the lead now.

I generally use the 7mm Zebra equivalent of the first pen posted or for red lead I like the new 1.1mm Write  in the Rain pencils. 

I like papermate for ballpoint and stadler for felt when it comes to pens.

Artline makes a good marker, but I suppose that is another topic alltogether.

Got a bunch of the zebra f301’s and the pencil version of it as well 

this is going to sound super dumb.... I love the free pens you get at expensive hotels that are really narrow, a bit shorter than usual, and often have a stylus nub on the other end. I just find that because they're small I cant put them everywhere. Also they are free from the lobby. Also it's usually black ink, because black is classy, or some marketing nonsense.

• Like 1

Zebra. They provide these at work and I share that lending philosophy, regarding the cheap-eez.

Krink sent me a Bic with a recent order. I use that. I’m a simple man

These are pretty popular but a lot of people hate them for being too easy to smear. 

I cant get enough of them. 

If I am sketching I like those micron for outlines because they don't bleed.

You used to be able to turn those zebra metal pens into a one hitter. Unscrew the metal tip and clear out the gunts of pen, put the tip in the end backwards and it should be pretty secure.

Great for smoking on the go and being a degenerate. Quickly assembles as pen. Although I have heard that thetip might have some kind of plastic lining now 

Pilot-G2-Retractable-Premium-Color-Gel-Ink-Roller-Ball-Pen-Press-Unisex-Pen-Japan-0-38mm.jpg_640x640.jpg

• Like 1

TUL black medium ballpoint

TUL blue medium gel

3F31B0E1-B100-4507-8A72-9AF58DE01782.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Props 1

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now